Current Page: 1 of 2
Classic Wasps tunes?
Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 15:36

Just wondering what the classic tunes for Wasps are? If there are any.

Obviously AC/DC back in black is a common one, but are there any other great tunes that folks associated with Wasps?

Re: Classic Wasps tunes?
Posted by: brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 16:15

Chelsea Dagger (The Fratellis) is always welcome! Cannot remember the name of the usual half time entrance song, which is probably sacrilege to some. Then of course there is the Wasp Wiggle!

Posted by: InbetweenWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 16:15

The two that used to get played at Adams Park a fair bit were Black and Gold by Sam Sparro and then also Hysteria by Muse as they ran out.

I'm not sure that either of them are Classic Wasps though, mind

Posted by: GD (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 16:24

I've very fond memories of watching Rob Henderson dancing to Park Life on the pitch at Loftus Road after a win. (Great memories of Hendo actually, - was it 3 tries against Glaws on debut as an emergency fly half during one of our all too frequent injury crises?)

Song 2 used to be played at Loftus Road after we scored a try.

Not so favourite memory - that awful DJ Otzi thing (?), "Hey Baby" every time Kinga knocked over a penalty or conversion. Didn't hear it so much for Kenny Logan smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 26/09/2016 16:25 by GD.

Posted by: wiltshire wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 16:48

From High Wycombe 'Build me up buttercup' brings back happy memories.

Now is should/could be 'The Specials' and Two Tone' stuff.

Posted by: Hucks (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 17:22

Park life and song 2 for sure. They'll always make me think 'wasps' when I hear them.

Slightly odder one - and a terrible song - touch and go 'would you go I bed with me'. It has a big trumpet solo halfway through and there used to be 3 wasps fans at loftus road who brought their brass instruments and belted out tunes (the 3 amigos). That solo was one I remember being played a lot!

Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 19:23

Choose Life (I think)

Theme from Bod.

Always remember Sale running out to the suicidal dirge that is the theme to Coronation Street.

Posted by: Warleywasp (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 19:29

What about Smoke on the water......great guitar riff ..... but it might annoy some locals (Sm6)

Posted by: RogerE (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 20:16

For a time the build up music leading up to the run out was from the film 300, which was excellent.

Then they discovered the sound of a swarm of bees, which always sounded terrible in the stands at Adams Park!

Roger

Posted by: H@wasps (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 20:33

Quote:
RogerE
For a time the build up music leading up to the run out was from the film 300, which was excellent.
Then they discovered the sound of a swarm of bees, which always sounded terrible in the stands at Adams Park!

That's 'Escape' by Craig Armstrong...

H@Wasps
A very cruel woman indeed!
And a pompous snob, apparently.

Posted by: brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 20:52

Just remembered the name of the current half time entrance song, Kashmir, by Led Zeppelin. At least I think it is, now wondering if they play it before the game.

Posted by: DGPWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 21:55

Ran out to Lust For Life at Loftus Rd.

Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 26 September, 2016 21:57

In the build up, always used to play Ready to go by Republica, and Robbie's Let Me Entertain You.

Date: 26 September, 2016 23:26

Quote:
H@wasps
Quote:
RogerE

That's 'Escape' by Craig Armstrong...

Cheers Aitch. Was trying to think of the name.

Roger

Posted by: doog (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2016 05:14

Quote:
Warleywasp
What about Smoke on the water......great guitar riff ..... but it might annoy some locals (Sm6)

Can't use that, Tiggers always run out to it.

Date: 27 September, 2016 05:59

More interested in classic Wasps tunes, rather than what we think could be good (if you get what I mean).

Listened to a few of those suggested, some nice ones smiling smiley, any others that people can think of? Or in agreement about certain songs already mentioned make you think about wasps.

Posted by: Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2016 08:46

The club used "Black and Yellow" by Whizz Khalifa for a while on its promo vids and in the stands.

Date: 27 September, 2016 08:56

Like the black and yellow, especially the instrumental version.

Reason I'm asking is that I'm planning on doing a highlights reel for Cips after his first season back. Like the Robson one I want some of the more basic skills in there as well, but seeing as Cips is a walking highlights reel it's looking likely to be a long one, so I need plenty of music. Planning on opening with the obvious Back in Black.

Date: 27 September, 2016 09:34

Also I liked the Rolling In The Black mix (Rolling in the deep mixed with Back in Black) that the club used on the Wasps score 90 against Viadana video they produced a few years ago.

Roger

Posted by: higgy365 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 September, 2016 11:26

Quote:
doog
Quote:
Warleywasp

Can't use that, Tiggers always run out to it.

That's the joke.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net