Current Page: 1 of 9
Wade unlikely to go to Arg
Posted by: jr9237az (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:09

Daily mail reporting that Wade is unlikely to tour with England and Solomana will go.

I've always been cautious about bigging up Wades England chances but if it's not now then it's likely to be never. His all round game is the best it's ever been in my opinion and he has to go.

Re: Wade unlikely to go to Arg
Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:32

Well the Lions have Nowell and Watson, so how can Eddie not take Christian???

Who is going to play on the wings otherwise?

Posted by: will311293 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:33

i wouldn't believe everything DM says... no longer a credible newspaper...

Wade has to go, he's a amazing attacker with improved defence and without Watson, Nowell, Daly etc and Ashton not going ... who else is there??

Posted by: HenleyWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:35

No Wasps backs? Very odd. Neither of our scrum halves - what?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 08:36 by HenleyWasp.

Posted by: Rifleman Harris (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:40

Very odd no Robson or Simpson.

Posted by: WaspsInEssex (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:42

No Taylor either

Posted by: asteriskszegol (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:42

Confirmed. No Wade.

Posted by: simplytandy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:43

I was wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/04/2017 08:56 by simplytandy.

Posted by: Marconi (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:44

Disgraceful selection... Really don't understand what a number of those selected have done to merit selection - promising yes, but why not test some of those who have been doing well all season?

- Don't understand how Tommy Taylor doesn't get a chance? From back-up during the 6N to not in the squad - finally a chance to get some game time and not included?
- Matt Symons surely could have been in with a shout? Isiekwe is promising, but plenty of other players more deserving?
- Cooper-Wooley unlucky to miss out?
- Simpson and/or Robson? I like Maunder, but one or both of these should be going...
- Wade? What more can he do? Behind Cokanasiga and Earle (again both promising)

Date: 20 April, 2017 08:45

I wouldn't be too concerned, Looks like Jones has gone for an extremely young side... there's a fair few big players who aren't touring either Ewers, M Williams, Slater, Robson, Simpson, Wade, Haley, Beaumont, Waller, Heywood, Brookes, Wilson, Welch, Woodburn, Devoto etc.

Think hes trialing players to bring into England set up in future whilst having experienced heads in there. Presume the only reason players like Launch, Ford, Hartley, Haskell, borwn etc are touring is for an experienced head

Posted by: fats (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:46

Another series I wont be watching then.

Posted by: Just (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:47

Nope, I don't get it, some of the most incisive and exciting players in England are left out, but Care and Brown and May are in, I get that if you have Ford and Lozowski you'll not need Cips, but no Robson, Simpson or Wade (Who if I'm not very much mistaken is still the best try scorer in the Prem and makes the likes of May look pedestrian)

Forwards: Will Collier (Harlequins, uncapped), Luke Cowan-Dickie (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), Ben Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 3 caps), Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 1 cap), Dylan Hartley - captain (Northampton Saints, 84 caps), James Haskell (Wasps, 75 caps), Paul Hill (Northampton Saints, 5 caps), Nathan Hughes (Wasps, 8 caps), Nick Isiekwe (Saracens, uncapped), Joe Launchbury (Wasps, 42 caps), Matt Mullan (Wasps, 15 caps), Chris Robshaw (Harlequins, 55 caps), Sam Underhill (Ospreys/Bath Rugby, uncapped), Harry Williams (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped), Tom Wood (Northampton Saints, 50 caps)

Backs: Mike Brown - vice-captain (Harlequins, 60 caps), Danny Care - vice captain (Harlequins, 71 caps), Joe Cokanasiga (London Irish, uncapped), Nathan Earle (Saracens, uncapped), George Ford - vice captain (Bath Rugby, 35 caps), Piers Francis (Auckland Blues/Northampton Saints, uncapped), Sam James (Sale Sharks, uncapped), Alex Lozowski (Saracens, uncapped), Harry Mallinder (Northampton Saints, uncapped), Joe Marchant (Harlequins, uncapped), Jack Maunder (Exeter Chiefs, uncapped), Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 25 caps), Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 4 caps), Denny Solomona (Sale Sharks, uncapped)

Posted by: avispa (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:47

Don't underestimate the Argies! Could turn into a bit of an overseas embarassment.

Posted by: fats (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:48

Quote:
avispa
Don't underestimate the Argies! Could turn into a bit of an overseas embarassment.

Let's hope so.

Posted by: Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:52

I think Eddie Jones has gone for a very young side. Isiekwe is very promising and is seen at sarries as the next Itoje so that's why he is chosen. I think the wasps loss in Dublin has had a major effect in players like Launchbury and Taylor not getting picked for the Lions and England.

I do feel for Christian Wade though, i don't think he will play an international under Eddie Jones but he is a very good player.

Posted by: Rob Smith (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:52

Really pleased to see Harry Williams in there.

[robsbl0g.blogspot.co.uk]
@robsmithrugby

Date: 20 April, 2017 08:56

Why is there so much negativity on here all of a sudden? yes its always upsetting for players to not be selected from your club, but I don't think its a reflection on them. Jones has not picked a host of players in form such as the aforementioned but to actively wish a team bad luck or to be embarrassed is embarrassing in its self. To quote Nigel 'This is not soccer Gentleman'. Bit of respect needs to be upheld as it always is and should be in Rugby... lets not turn this into a negative fan forum when usually its upbeat and friendly...

Posted by: chunky24 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:57

Is this the start of "Eddieball" power over pace and flair? (Sm157)

Posted by: Hucks (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:59

The ones i don't get are guys like Taylor, Beaumont, Tompkins, mike Williams, spencer / Robson - who have all clearly been part of eddie's plans up til now and are all young enough to make a difference in 2019. Why overlook them for kids who have barely had a trial in the Premiership? Very weird.

Also have to feel for likes of symons, Jake, Jackson wray, wade, woodburn, burns who are all overlooked despite consistently tearing up the prem.

So am i right we now have the top team in England on paper - with a sum total of 1 lion and 4 England tourists.

Posted by: Alarev (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:59

Have Wade, Robson, Simpson and Taylor re-signed recently? Abendenon and Armitage have proven there's some serious Euro to be made if you're not in the view for England.

Current Page: 1 of 9
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net