Josh Bassett
Posted by: Gaz (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 13:59

Someone told me today he is qualified for Scotland. Could he go on tour with Scotland this summer? He is good enough in my view, but I thought he had represented England at age-group level so maybe he would decline the offer.

If I was him, I wouldn't hold my breath for England selection - harsh, but not a reflection on his ability or potential.

Re: Josh Bassett
Posted by: Hucks (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 14:00

u20s only i think? not saxons. which would make him as eligble to switch as moriarty.

Posted by: COYW15 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 14:07

Would appear he is qualified: 'And after capping the Stormers’ Huw Jones in the summer, Murrayfield are eyeing up another Edinburgh born “Englishman” in the form of Wasps’ Josh Bassett. The winger had an eventful weekend last time out against Saracens, scoring a try and then collecting a yellow card. Scotland are not endowed with an excess of wingers and the speedy Bassett may come to the same conclusion.'

[www.scotsman.com]

Posted by: Gaz (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 14:13

Interesting, good luck to him if it happens, and if he wants it of course.

Posted by: Spikey910 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 18:02

Quote:
Gaz

Indeed. Is there a clan McWade?

Posted by: DGPWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 18:53

Would be one less eqp

Posted by: P T A W (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 19:09

Not good enough for international rugby in my opinion.

Posted by: coddy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 20:28

Maybe not quite yet but at his current levels of improvement he soon will be.

Posted by: Petros (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 21:55

Quote:
Spikey910
Quote:
Gaz

He has one England cap, and would have been two had the Lions not called the morning of his erstwhile second cap

Posted by: Andy1210 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 09:53

Quote:
Petros
Quote:
Spikey910
Quote:
Gaz

He has one England cap, and would have been two had the Lions not called the morning of his erstwhile second cap

I'm sure if he was Wade-Davies or O'Wade he'd have plenty of caps by now.

I expect Simmo and Robson will be searching their family trees for Celtic ancestry asap..!

Posted by: DGPWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 14:22

Quote:
Andy1210
I expect Simmo and Robson will be searching their family trees for Celtic ancestry asap..!

No good Simmo doing that. He's capped for England already. If you blinked towards the end of England's game against Georgia at the 2011 WC you may well have missed it!

Posted by: Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 15:21

Quote:
DGPWasp
Quote:
Andy1210

No good Simmo doing that. He's capped for England already. If you blinked towards the end of England's game against Georgia at the 2011 WC you may well have missed it!

Didn't he come on at wing or something daft?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net