Sirs for Sunday
Posted by: matelot22 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 12:04

Wasps v Harlequins

Ricoh Arena, 3pm Live on BT Sport

Referee: Andrew Jackson (7th Premiership game)

Assistant Referees: Anthony Woodthorpe & Paul Dix

TMO: David Rose

Citing Officer: Paul Hull

Read more at [www.premiershiprugby.com]

I don't recall seeing Mr Jackson before, thoughts please?

Re: Sirs for Sunday
Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 12:11

Thought I recognised the name. Reffed us against Glaws in Feb. My first memory was that he was pretty good.

Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 12:17

Here we go: [www.rugbynetwork.net]

Praise for his games before our glaws game.

And then for the match itself: [www.rugbynetwork.net]

That page contains me commenting that I thought the ref was very good. Though others not so much, a lot of blamed placed on the ARs though.

Posted by: Spikey910 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 12:26

I hope so, but must admit I thought he was poor last week at Sale v Falcons, as were the AR's. Maybe as a new ref he's not getting the most out of his assistants? Noticeable that the best refs always work as a strong team with the guys running the lines - you can hear the regular communication.

Posted by: Lwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 13:35

Do refs and assistants tend to work together as crews like baseball refs do in the MLB?

Could go some way to building a decent working relationship, rotate round who is on field, who does TMO etc. Or would it just ingrain coaches', players' or fans' opinions of certain refs if they always work with the same people?

Posted by: Marlow Nick (IP Logged)
Date: 13 September, 2017 21:58

Let's just hope nothing gets referred to the TMO

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net