Leicester v Ex
Posted by: Hangover (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 16:49

What is going on with this ref (Tempest I think). Totally missed two blatant forward passes. A questionable decision to bin Salvi and now completely lets the Lei winger off for a blatant take out in the air - dreadful !

Re: Leicester v Ex
Posted by: Gaz (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 16:54

Foley. He was inconsistent for both teams at least not sure what the last pen was for to gift Exeter the LBP.

Posted by: brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 17:10

Based on one of the decisions it seems that as long as you use your arms that you can dive into rucks without any feet on the ground.

Posted by: RogerE (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 19:21

Dai always says what you want from a ref is consistency, and he was consistent in his inconsistency.

Roger

Posted by: A Destruction of Wasps (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 19:52

I was going to post earlier "can someone cryponeically freeze my body".....for a hundred years, until Sir is an advanced AI life form.....

I think Chiefs were arrogant in this game, and despite the dodgy decisions, would have been poetic justice for them to leave with "nil points" due to their self belief (some may say arrogance) constantly kicking to quarter.

Still think they will finish top, and a great performance for Tigers. I'm generally dubious of Ford - but he had a great match. Sublime drop kick!

Posted by: backdoc (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 20:31

The Leicester speed in defence rattled Exeter and caused turnovers. A big lesson in how to play them.

Posted by: Westy68 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 21:20

Quote:
Hangover
What is going on with this ref (Tempest I think). Totally missed two blatant forward passes. A questionable decision to bin Salvi and now completely lets the Lei winger off for a blatant take out in the air - dreadful !

Sorry donít agree, Salvi was a blatant yellow, you canít go flying of you feet. You have got to protect players. He Literally dived into that, he should be wearing his pants outside of his shorts

Posted by: brandnewtorugby (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 21:27

Quote:
Westy68
Quote:
Hangover

Sorry donít agree, Salvi was a blatant yellow, you canít go flying of you feet. You have got to protect players. He Literally dived into that, he should be wearing his pants outside of his shorts

Loved the last line!

From what I could make out all that Sir seemed interested in was if he used his arms or not, nobody seemed to care he was totally airborne.

Date: 01 October, 2017 07:14

One of Exeters strengths is their rapid support of their tackled player, by two players arriving very quickly past the tackle area to 'clear out', usually off their feet and often shoulder first with a notional 'effort' to wrap arms.

Baxter said as much in his pitchside comments, he accepted Salvi's card because you need to at least make a show to make contact with the arm first. Which is technically legal but not necessarily in the spirit of the laws.

Exeter are very good at it and it was notable when it didn't quite work out, e.g. When Woodburn made a snipe and found himself isolated he was turned over. It's what the commentary team were referring too when they mentioned 'selfish' runs. Might make you look good but it's not part of the team play book.

Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 08:20

I don't get how people think the salvi thing was questionable really it's been a law for some time.

Wasn't Bai given a red for a flying no arms clear out against you guys? and rightly so
Slavi had less intent but it was a similar style of clear out the Yellow card was right.

Tgers where lucky with Malouf though TBH.

Posted by: CB Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 08:36

I only watched the second half but was impressed with the Tigers line speed in defense and even more in their turnovers. Many of us Waspies have written recently about our lack of turnovers and referenced the new laws but it is possible to get these woth speed over the ball and skill and I saw it done well yesterday.

Date: 03 October, 2017 18:27

Does anyone know why Matt O'Connor was having a heated discussion with the doctor?

Posted by: bg (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 20:41

Gaz... the TMO ruled that he saw a couple of players "dizzy" after a few tackles and asked for those players to be taken off for assessment. The ref is following the ball so can't see everything.

I'm not sure it was correct for MoC to berate the doctor (or was it the touchjudge?) because the officials are trying to look after players' well-being.

The DoR's have different agendas I guess

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net