Current Page: 1 of 2
A DW Farewell to Danny?
Posted by: Aelfrith1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:26

What chance of a Drunken Wasps farewell curry for Danny, James and Guy in the London area when the season is over?

Any one feel motivated to organise it?

Re: A DW Farewell to Danny?
Posted by: PhilH (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:38

Where is Kevin the B when you need him?

Posted by: Cornish Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:48

I think there would be a good turnout!

Posted by: Cornish Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 15:48

I think there would be a good turnout!

Posted by: welsh wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 16:08

A long time since we had a curry.
What about inviting James H too? He might be willing to organise it.

Posted by: doctorkmt1 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 16:11

Don't forget Sam j!

Posted by: Vespulavulgaris (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 16:13

A great idea. I'm in.

Posted by: Petergwilson (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 16:40

The small Clay Oven in Ealing Broadway is closed so it would have to be the banqueting hall in Alperton.

Posted by: Gaz (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 17:28

I've not been to a DW curry night - couldn't make the last one and there hasn't been one since so I'd be interested if one is organised!

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 18:04

Kevin is now resident in France so cannot help on this. His contacts are also out of date.

Posted by: PhilH (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 18:26

Quote:
Heathen
Kevin is now resident in France so cannot help on this. His contacts are also out of date.
Oh yes, now I remember.

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 19:27

Seriously interested

Posted by: Peter Brown (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:35

You might find that KtB is resident in France at weekends, working nearer to home during the week. He does read these pages, but my hunch would be that the DW charity ended when Serge Betsen was gifted the closing balance of the bank account for his foundation, which put a full stop on that incarnation of the DWs.

There is nothing to stop others arranging something, but the players are much more distant since the move to Coventry and might not be so keen. However, nothing ventured....

Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 21:42

Personally, I think it should (if at all) be held in Coventry. We have been there for 3 years now and it is ours and the players home. Time to turn over a new leaf, Holding anything like that in London would (IMO) be a retrograde step.

Posted by: wiltshire wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 21:45

Quote:
RossM
Personally, I think it should (if at all) be held in Coventry. We have been there for 3 years now and it is ours and the players home. Time to turn over a new leaf, Holding anything like that in London would (IMO) be a retrograde step.

That needed saying - I agree.

Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 06:55

I bet Peter Bracken would find a way to attend.

Posted by: Bzzzzz (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 13:04

Why not include all the leavers and hold it at the Ricoh, I am sure they could cater for it and maybe give good room rates for any travelling wasps staying over.

Just a thought & I won't be attending.

Posted by: Petergwilson (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 11:39

No. Needs to be in London for all the proper fans, none of these johnny come latelies. (Sm159)

Just kidding for anyone who takes this seriously. Ricoh would probably work but I wouldn't be able to attend. Pity as I've been to so many in the past. Was also at the final DW do where Betson got the last of the cash.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 12:20

Remember that event well. Serge was asked who was the better No 8 Lol or Harinordiquy?!!

Was Tom Rees also at that one - I remember sitting next to him at one of those events.

Posted by: MarleyWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 13:07

Why not go for somewhere between London and Warwickshire?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net