Eastmond gets six week ban
Posted by: Andy1210 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:27

Shame as he was just getting in form but not surprised at the judgement

prem rugby - Eastmond ban

Re: Eastmond gets six week ban
Posted by: COYW15 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 20:46

2 separate 3 week bans then, minute of madness from Kyle.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:00

I got that one spot on then!

6 matches so he will not be available to play until April 17.

That effectively means the Saints game on April 29, as we have no matches on the w/e's of the AW semi and final and the Euro 1/4s.

Posted by: Hangover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:27

I'd say its about right really - silly boy. Just when we needed him. Thank gawd Gopps and Gaby are back.

Posted by: A Destruction of Wasps (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 22:54

I'm ignorant of these things - but it looks like Luamanu? whacks Eastmond in the neck, right after the incident. Surely he should have been sent of and / or cited too?

Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 07:35

Luamanu threw Eastmond then, had a high tackle with his second hand coming into the face later in the game, potential no arms from Chisholm, Alofa's "tackle" on Bassett may have only just been a penalty in a normal game situation, but it came 3 seconds after the whistle had gone (he didn't even have hold of him when the whistle went). Few shoulder charges into rucks later on too. I wasn't watching out for foul play/niggle on either watch (2nd time was just for Willis), but some was tough to miss.

Posted by: ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 07:39

A lot gets missed, late hit by Visser on Le roux was missed by everyone, not due of timing but I might have been just after he screwed up his scoring opportunity.... Le roux seemed pretty annoyed

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Date: 14 February, 2018 07:47

Quote:
ricohchezwasp
A lot gets missed, late hit by Visser on Le roux was missed by everyone, not due of timing but I might have been just after he screwed up his scoring opportunity.... Le roux seemed pretty annoyed

Yeah, noticed that as well.

Posted by: WiseWasps! (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 08:38

Perhaps they should try focus on less niggle and instead winning the game.

Luamanu, Ward and Chisholm played like thugs for the whole game. Ward is a penalty machine who needs bringing down a peg or two.

Eastmond was silly but agree the reaction by Luamanu was out of order and was surprised it wasn't looked at.

Posted by: Daeg (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 10:00

A shame incidents were missed and Eastmond acted dumb. But quins got what they deserved. Let's be honest we humiliated them, losing by that score to 14 men. Just plain humiliating. It's the decent players and the decent fans at quins I feel for.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 11:14

It is on the cards that Eastmond may never play again for Wasps. Two regular season games left. No contract renewal as yet.

Posted by: Bzzzz (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 12:45

Daeg... +1

Posted by: Marconi (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 12:50

Interestingly the video shows Wayne Barnes turning away after giving the penalty against Eastmond - Maybe if he doesn't see it, nothing can happen? Carte blanche for Quins?

Date: 14 February, 2018 14:21

Eastmond has always tackled like that, it rarely ends up high due to him being tiny. With the law changes, he's been caught out. I think the suggestion that he was somehow deliberately trying to throw the game rather extreme. Clearly it moved you though, since you've gone to the trouble of setting up an account here over it!

Posted by: AKWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 14:51

Why remonstrate and complain about the decision when you know it was a bad tackle and worthy of a red card? Don’t think anyone can argue that it shouldn’t have been a red. Was as easy a decision Wayne Barnes has had to make all year.

After all the handbags and aggression and thuggery shown by some of the Quins players, I think it shows some maturity on Eastmond’s part to accept the decision and go for an early bath without any extra response. Ended up meaning that his ban was reduced by 50% amongst other factors

Posted by: Hymenoptera (IP Logged)
Date: 14 February, 2018 15:14

It was a red all day... 6 weeks is fair having reducd a player to the bench.

Luamanu could have seen a yellow..

Quins are the prem leaders in niggle, Marler, Sinks, Brown, Bubbles...but with that comes mid table mediocrity because they cant field their strongest team thru bans.

Posted by: Spikey910 (IP Logged)
Date: 15 February, 2018 13:31

I see nothing to like in John Kingston, utterly ungracious and doesn't strike me as a coach I'd want to play for. Quins have a lot of talent in their squad but too often descend into a niggly rabble. Is it that they have a group of players who need better, stronger leadership, or is it that leadership that undermines the players and creates a poor environment?

Either way, I can't see a Kingston led Quins being anything more than hot and cold blowing mediocrity. Dangerous to anyone on their day, but always just mid table. Good thing for us is that I believe he recently signed a contract extension which frankly amazes me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net