Eastgate and "TJ" Harris
Posted by: Chilham (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 10:42

Anyone know what's happening with them? They're not listed under senior academy for next season, and I've not seen anything about senior contracts. Have they been farmed out to Championship sides? Apologies if I missed it.

Re: Eastgate and "TJ" Harris
Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 11:00

Eastgate gone to Leeds/University

Posted by: Anonymous User (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 11:23

TJ looks dynamic. Hope he's staying.

Posted by: Chilham (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 12:34

Quote:
neils
Eastgate gone to Leeds/University

thumbs down

Posted by: Witblad (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 13:51

The rumour on twitter is that there’s one more signing to announce, and I suspect it is TJ up to the senior squad to replace Ash.

I suspect the delay in announcing this is down to the ongoing process with Ash and waiting for the outcome.

TJ proved himself ready to step up to the senior squad in my view so he would come in as 3rd choice hooker. Ashley, if he stays with us, could go back to full time back row option and bolster our options there (after any ban). Personally I’d be happier with the balance that brings to the squad.

Posted by: NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 14:10

Or maybe Ash moves to a coaching role?

Date: 13 June, 2018 14:50

Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
Or maybe Ash moves to a coaching role?

I can’t see that happening. All indication is that Dai is restructuring his squad and coaching staff with the best he can get and afford in those positions. Ash has no coaching experience as far as I know so I doubt it would be the right answer to put him straight into a coaching role now. More likely he’d be worked in as an academy coach or assistant defence coach rather than filling one of the vacant full time positions.

I think Dai is likely to pick a coach by saying who is the best available I can afford, rather than taking an easy option of using Ash.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 15:11

Looked at the squad list on the Offy and TJ is already listed in the full squad as are most of the leavers.

Date: 13 June, 2018 15:53

Quote:
Heathen
Looked at the squad list on the Offy and TJ is already listed in the full squad as are most of the leavers.

No, TJ is listed in the Academy Squad as he has been since he signed. BEN Harris is listed in the senior squad.

TJ is no longer listed in the Academy Squad details the club has put out recently. Hence the speculation of what his future is with us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 16:23 by Witblad.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 16:54

Sorry - you are right. It's time they updated these.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net