You’re Dai Young ...
Posted by: Chilham (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 08:40

... you’ve got room in the cap to sign one more player. Who do you sign?

Lot’s of talent unsigned to my knowledge. Foden, Heathcote, Ellery, Patterson, Tikoirotuma ...

I’d go for Olmstead to shore up our back row.

You?

Re: You’re Dai Young ...
Posted by: Petergwilson (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 09:00

£5

Posted by: HenleyWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 09:23

£5 (x 100 times)

Posted by: ricohchezwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 09:27

I think that ship sailed, will find out at 11.30 if it’s left the harbour

Not a Doctor and not a troll!!

Posted by: StevieWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 12:14

it's hard to say.
Our backline might continue to work with Sopoaga at the helm.
If so, I'd be wanting to shore up the forwards.

It's hard with just one player.
I think I'd want a massive prop.

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 19:45

The French U20s no 3.
If you’ve not seen him, he’s coming to an English U20s forward very soon! Sunday to be precise!
Failing him, the no 8, Joseph.

Posted by: Chilham (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 19:53

The French U20 tight head was very impressive.

Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 20:10

Beale. To play 12 as we originally signed him, and as he can be most useful in my mind.

Tempting to go with someone in the pack of course, but I'm turning a bit of a blind eye to our injuries, I believe our first choice pack is good enough for us to at least get on par (I'd be getting a new defence coach too!), and then Sopoaga, Beale and WLR guiding us around the park would just be heavenly.

Date: 14 June, 2018 21:32

Raggs, have we ever had parity with the top sides in Europe?

When it comes to the crunch, we tend to get bullied by the very best teams, and therefore we end up relying on our attacking brilliance.

In this hypothetical bubble, it would be nice to see what we could do if we were a little stronger up front.....
But I kinda think that a single player wouldn't be sufficient for us to match the biggest and the best

Posted by: coddy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 21:54

I think I'd go with a World Class Inside Centre too.

Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 04:38

Quote:
StevieWasp
Raggs, have we ever had parity with the top sides in Europe?
When it comes to the crunch, we tend to get bullied by the very best teams, and therefore we end up relying on our attacking brilliance.

In this hypothetical bubble, it would be nice to see what we could do if we were a little stronger up front.....
But I kinda think that a single player wouldn't be sufficient for us to match the biggest and the best

We held up against Toulon, and La Rochelle at home (away they were just on another world, no single player would have changed that). I do think we can get enough of a platform for our game to come alive, and if needbe, just go for the old, you can score 4, but we'll score 7. I don't see the problem in relying on our attacking brilliance if attack is where our focus is.

I do think our defence, more than our individual forwards, is the biggest issue.

Date: 15 June, 2018 09:38

I think I just want us to go down to Sandy Park one day and surprise Exeter by not getting beaten up by them.

I do think that in the right conditions, with everyone full fit, we would occasionally be able to beat them down there. But history shows that it wouldn't be easy for us.

It'd be nice though to be able to put some pressure on them, put 'em on the back foot and then unleash hell

Posted by: chates (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 11:23

I know not really the question you asked, but if we could have anyone in the world, money and contracts aside, my first 2 are easy:

1 Tadgh Furlong
2 Mako

Posted by: Stang (IP Logged)
Date: 15 June, 2018 21:50

Eben Etzebeth or Jessie Kriel.

If we had EE in the row alongside launchers, we’d have a solid set piece and be fantastic at maul disruption (factoring in Jack and Brad!!). He’s also a brilliant carrier and surprisingly quick. Get the feeling he’d enjoy slugging it out in a mud bath in the ran in December too. Seems over his disciplinary problems.

Kriel is a unit that runs quick hard lines and fronts up in defence. Outside Lima and inside Elliott or Juan I reckon we’d let in fewer scores and have no gain line problems.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net