New Hotel at the Ricoh Arena (on car park C)
Posted by: Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 14:51

I'm surprised that this doesn't have its own thread on here so everyone can complain about car park C!

Suffice to say it's expected to come with suitable parking below or next to the hotel, as it's a good revenue stream.

Also it has been in the long term plans since the purchase. The other major build plan is I believe to have a second indoor hall on the back of the East stand, to mirror the current Ericsson Indoor Arena. They could certainly make money from it already.

[www.coventrytelegraph.net]

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2018 14:53 by Atomic Wasp.

Re: New Hotel at the Ricoh Arena (on car park C)
Posted by: chunky24 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 15:36

If it is the car park c hotel then door keys won't work, rooms will be oversold and some guests will apparently be able to stay without booking!

Posted by: Tervueren (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 18:03

Do we know good hedge fund who might like to back this? Seppala Sheraton has a ring to it.

Posted by: NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 18:34

Quote:
Atomic Wasp
... The other major build plan is I believe to have a second indoor hall on the back of the East stand, to mirror the current Ericsson Indoor Arena ...

There isn't enough room to build at the East Stand, unless they make the rail line a tunnel and build over it? ... and who owns all that waste land I wonder?

Posted by: steve from cov (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 19:10

The hotel plans are great news for the city.

It puts to bed the rumour and speculation that Wasps were going to sell up in Coventry and move on.

Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 19:42

Car park C is a weird shape to consider constructing anything. Very narrow near the existing bridge. Thus would be sensible to be farther down the plot for the main body of the building. I suppose it is possible that they might have underground parking with access in off the road which is at considerably lower level.
As C parking holder I can see it disappearing completely whilst construction is undertaken then only a fraction being returned (probably bus parking). Ho hum but if it aids the club then will have to accept it - if it happens!!

Posted by: Atomic Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 20:56

Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
Quote:
Atomic Wasp
... The other major build plan is I believe to have a second indoor hall on the back of the East stand, to mirror the current Ericsson Indoor Arena ...

There isn't enough room to build at the East Stand, unless they make the rail line a tunnel and build over it? ... and who owns all that waste land I wonder?

I'm possibly thinking of the south stand in that case. But if the railway were bridged there's definitely that space on the other side as you say! smiling smiley

Cheers

Rick

@W2APS on twitter, the chap with the banners and flags.

Posted by: GD (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 21:15

The papers on the council website included a proposal to turn the land behind the East Stand, the other side of the railway line, into a temporary car park to replace car park C for two years while the hotel was built.

Posted by: Dgwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2018 21:52

Good spot.

I guess a 4 story hotel could come along with a multistorey car park to provide similar levels of parking spaces for the arena as well as hotel parking.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net