Current Page: 1 of 2
Fissler saying Eastmond to Tigers
Posted by: neils (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 17:35

Maybe

Re: Fissler saying Eastmond to Tigers
Posted by: RossM (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 17:42

Where ever you go, all the very best Kyle. I'll miss you. You were on of my favourite Waspies.

Posted by: bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 18:56

I'd be surprised by that. I think Eastmond has got a reputation as being a bit difficult and I think many clubs will be put off by that.
additionally I would expect most clubs to have budgeted for next season, if anyone is picking up an expensive player, and I'd guess he wouldnt be cheap, they would have to have some leeway in the budget...not sure if that applies to Tigers or not.

Posted by: Dgwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 11 July, 2018 19:20

Unless he can be budgeted as injury cover?

I liked him as a player but he didn't play enough for my liking. If tigers can keep him fit they will have a hell of a player, if not they have one hell of an expensive resource in the physio room...

Posted by: StevieWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 07:44

Looking at their senior squad, they only have 4 centres listed, but they have Toomua down as a fly half.
The others are, Manu, Matt Smith, Gareth Owen and Charlie Thacker.

Assuming that Manu will be injured at least for part of the season, they do seem a bit thin at centre.

With Ford at 10, it's probably fair to assume that Toomua will start at 12.
As usual, as Eastmond only covers one position, he may not always get a bench spot.

Any club would be lucky to have a player of Eastmond's quality in their squad. I just wish that for his sake, he'd be a starter somewhere.

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 08:42

We have the cap space.
Leavers that where in last seasons cap start of season.
Cilliers
Mulipola
Traynor
Rizzo
McGugian
Thacker
Barrow
Croft
Ryan
Hamilton
Kitto
Brady
Malouf

Joiners so far
Spencer
Thompson
Denton
Aspland-Robinson

Posted by: Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 09:11

Wow, Lots of leavers. How big is your confirmed squad at the moment? Have many graduated from he academy this year?

Date: 12 July, 2018 09:22

When I looked on the Tigers site earlier, the Senior squad consisted of 38 players.
I don't know if that includes academy graduates.

That's a significant shake up of the squad, and someone like Mulipola would have been on a decent salary.

They must currently have plenty of space inside the cap, and inside the squad.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Eastmond shouldn't be too upset about being 2nd choice, particularly behind someone like Toomua.
He's been second choice (at best) with us, and if he wants to be playing for a club at the right end of the league, then he probably needs to accept that he won't immediately be a starter.
Tigers could be an excellent move for him... and them.

Posted by: Ayerzawannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 09:39

Quote:
Trev's Big Tackle
Wow, Lots of leavers. How big is your confirmed squad at the moment? Have many graduated from he academy this year?

38 including 4 grads
+
16 senior academy players including 6 juniors grads

Posted by: Marconi (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 10:19

Assuming that they can get both fit, Tuilagi outside Eastmond would be a handful!

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 10:51

Toomua off apparently.

Posted by: bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 11:59

That would explain it if Toomua was off....

Date: 12 July, 2018 12:08

Ahhhah. Indeed that would explain the urgent requirement of a new 12.

Eastmond and Manu could be a great centre partnership.
Unfortunately for Tigers fans, if that is the plan, they may see as much of Smith and Owen starting

If it happens, I hope it works out well for all parties

Posted by: DuncanS (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 12:24

Didnít think Toomua was off yet. Just before the World Cup. Or did I read that wrong?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2018 12:26 by DuncanS.

Posted by: Beasties (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 13:28

Quote:
Marconi
Assuming that they can get both fit, Tuilagi outside Eastmond would be a handful!
Not good enough for Eng though. Eastmond was whipped off and replaced by the revolving door that was Burrell. Uuuurrgh.

Posted by: Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 14:17

EJ sees him as too small to play alongside Ford I think. Will Tiggers prove Eddie wrong? Eastmond tackles like a monster though so will be fine alongside Ford most of the time I reckon.

Posted by: Nopace (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 21:25

Only played 20 games in 2 seasons, but when he played we were more successful. Great player, dunno, some seem to get injured more often than others, itís not mass or body fat, no idea really. I donít remember Martin Johnson ever being injured, and he was never a gym monkey. Itís probably genetics.

Posted by: DGPWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2018 21:52

Quote:
Marconi

Given their recent history if they can get both fit and keep both fit it will be a bloody miracle!!

Posted by: Buzzboy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 06:11

Quote:
Trev's Big Tackle
...Eastmond tackles like a monster though so will be fine alongside Ford most of the time I reckon.

Not always legally though, sadly. Good player, but only saw his talents sporadically at Wasps.

Toomua would be a very big loss for Tigers. Late in the day for this..

Posted by: Dgwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2018 06:47

His tackling and commitment has always been exceptional. This may be part of his problem when trying to stay fit.

For me when he lost control against quins and got himself banned for 6 weeks that was very disappointing. Although when he played he always managed to find lines through the opposition defence.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net