Du Preez
Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 14:42

Whilst a lot has been written about the rights and wrongs of Spencers tackle last Sunday Cornell Du Preez accidental injury shows what a brutal game rugby can be.
Du Preez is still in hospital and will be for a further four weeks making a total of seven. He cannot talk and is not allowed to attempt to for another three weeks. We are told that there will be no further reporting on his progress for another three weeks. The club are continuing to support him and his partner through what is a difficult time. He has fracture to his adams apple and damage to his voice box.
Is says a lot about the chap that he made no fuss at the time and left the field of play without many noticing ( me included)
I am sure that everyone from Wasps wishes him well in what will be a long recovery, and hopefully not a career ending injury. I am sure that Joe will have been in contact also.

Re: Du Preez
Posted by: Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 14:53

Hope his recovery goes well and he's able to get back on the field.

Posted by: backdoc (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 15:07

The Clermont centre Rougerie had a similar injury requiring surgery after Phil Greenings elbow crushed his larynx. He needed surgery and was out for 12 weeks. Phil was sued for it. They settled for around 20k IIRC

Posted by: Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 15:14

Didn't Wasps have the team bus impounded or something until the compensation was paid?

Posted by: backdoc (IP Logged)
Date: 20 September, 2018 17:37

I hadn't heard that - it was paid quite a few years after the event by the then Wasps owners.

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 21 September, 2018 09:53

Will Wasps be sending a chequer thenwinking smiley

Posted by: bg (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2018 08:28

Quote:
ROLLO
Whilst a lot has been written about the rights and wrongs of Spencers tackle last Sunday Cornell Du Preez accidental injury shows what a brutal game rugby can be.
Du Preez is still in hospital and will be for a further four weeks making a total of seven. He cannot talk and is not allowed to attempt to for another three weeks. We are told that there will be no further reporting on his progress for another three weeks. The club are continuing to support him and his partner through what is a difficult time. He has fracture to his adams apple and damage to his voice box.
Is says a lot about the chap that he made no fuss at the time and left the field of play without many noticing ( me included)
I am sure that everyone from Wasps wishes him well in what will be a long recovery, and hopefully not a career ending injury. I am sure that Joe will have been in contact also.

Didn't the French 10 at Quins last season suffer a similiar horrific accidental injury.. I think he was out for the whole season and I have a feeling he's moved on from Quins so not sure if he had to retire or not?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net