50% off Tickets for Saturday
Posted by: NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 15:02

The flyer (and the ticketing page) says 50% off all tickets, and if you want to get from the train station to the game, that is said to be free also (normally 2 pp each way).

[twitter.com]

Why not use the 'other' Wasps forum? [onceawasp.com]

Re: 50% off Tickets for Saturday
Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 15:06

Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
The flyer (and the ticketing page) says 50% off all tickets, and if you want to get from the train station to the game, that is said to be free also (normally 2 pp each way).
[twitter.com]

That smacks a bit of desperation

Date: 05 December, 2018 15:14

Indeed. I wonder what those who bought before now will think of this?

A 5:30PM KO (I guess set by the TV company) is not very attractive if you are coming from London. You could be looking at trying to catch very late trains back.

Many fans will be losing interest in the ERC as Wasps only have a slim chance of getting through any way, and then you consider who the opposition is.

Factor in many will be XMAS shopping, plus the traffic chaos of Coventry at this time if you want to drive to the Ricoh ...

Me? As with you John, I am a season ticket holder, so I will be going and shouting and flag waving, as will my dad, but I am not so sure about Bryan as to whether he is coming.

Posted by: DrHankPym(superhero) (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 15:25

Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
Indeed. I wonder what those who bought before now will think of this?
A 5:30PM KO (I guess set by the TV company) is not very attractive if you are coming from London. You could be looking at trying to catch very late trains back.

Many fans will be losing interest in the ERC as Wasps only have a slim chance of getting through any way, and then you consider who the opposition is.

Factor in many will be XMAS shopping, plus the traffic chaos of Coventry at this time if you want to drive to the Ricoh ...

Me? As with you John, I am a season ticket holder, so I will be going and shouting and flag waving, as will my dad, but I am not so sure about Bryan as to whether he is coming.

I'm a season ticket holder, so I've already got my ticket for the game. Nice to save 4 though.

My train back to London gets into Euston just before 10pm....assuming there are no delays.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? - Vince Lombardi

Posted by: Marconi (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 15:33

Would be interesting to know how the cost of all these "deals" adds up (in addition to non-discounted games) compared to a season ticket cost? Quite a few games seem to be being reduced at the moment - might make STH's think twice next year if costs go up?

Obviously good to have your seat guaranteed, but none of the games have been anywhere near a sell-out thus far?

Date: 05 December, 2018 15:49

I wonder.

Are the numbers coming up from the South falling, and is that loss being matched by numbers from the Midlands (in ST and per game tickets)?

The accepted wisdom is that Saturday games are better for those travelling, and Sunday games better for 'locals'.

But now Coventry Rugby Club are doing well, and also play on Saturdays, has that hit the attendances?

Wasps did start off with mainly Sunday games, but this year switched to Saturday for the important games, and lesser games mainly on Sundays (not always, but it looks this way), to make it 50/50.

Friday games nobody likes.

My personal view is that this is this case. Those Sunday games attracted a lot of local rugby fans (note NOT necessarily Wasps fans, yet).

Saturday clashes with all sorts of things. Junior local club games, local club adult games, Cov Rugby Club games, whereas Sunday was perfect for the locals (and CCFC who could play the day before we ruined the pitch).

It annoyed me when they switched away from Sundays last season, as I had just bought my daughter a season ticket assuming they would be on Sundays (as she, like so many young folk, works on Saturdays). I know a number of people from my own village who didn't by a Season Ticket this year for this reason. Is that repeated across the local area?

Coventry is much quieter on Sundays, and parking is easier. All this might be the reason why attendances are down (and they are).

I wonder, only two weeks now from the Bath game, how many more than the 22k they say they had sold, they have now sold? My guess is the numbers will be down. Once you stop coming (don't have a season ticket), you no longer bring a friend for the big events, as the marginal cost is much higher.

Shifting the age to qualify for the Senior tickets didn't please me either, as I will be 60 in 5 weeks, so I will have to wait another 5 years.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 15:52 by NellyWellyWaspy.

Posted by: Heathen (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 16:03

Quote:
NellyWellyWaspy
I wonder.
Are the numbers coming up from the South falling, and is that loss being matched by numbers from the Midlands (in ST and per game tickets)?

The accepted wisdom is that Saturday games are better for those travelling, and Sunday games better for 'locals'.

But now Coventry Rugby Club are doing well, and also play on Saturdays, has that hit the attendances?

Wasps did start off with mainly Sunday games, but this year switched to Saturday for the important games, and lesser games mainly on Sundays (not always, but it looks this way), to make it 50/50.

Friday games nobody likes.

My personal view is that this is this case. Those Sunday games attracted a lot of local rugby fans (note NOT necessarily Wasps fans, yet).

Saturday clashes with all sorts of things. Junior local club games, local club adult games, Cov Rugby Club games, whereas Sunday was perfect for the locals (and CCFC who could play the day before we ruined the pitch).

It annoyed me when they switched away from Sundays last season, as I had just bought my daughter a season ticket assuming they would be on Sundays (as she, like so many young folk, works on Saturdays). I know a number of people from my own village who didn't by a Season Ticket this year for this reason. Is that repeated across the local area?

Coventry is much quieter on Sundays, and parking is easier. All this might be the reason why attendances are down (and they are).

I wonder, only two weeks now from the Bath game, how many more than the 22k they say they had sold, they have now sold? My guess is the numbers will be down. Once you stop coming (don't have a season ticket), you no longer bring a friend for the big events, as the marginal cost is much higher.

Shifting the age to qualify for the Senior tickets didn't please me either, as I will be 60 in 5 weeks, so I will have to wait another 5 years.

Trevor, I concur with the points that you make.

wasps have to be careful wrt to attendances.

Personally, I will not get home until 21.30 at the earliest. If getaway from our offsite parking is slow then my 20.16 from WP is at risk. In which case it will be home around 22.30.

dai's comments about Saturday being the prefered day for optimal turnaround, but I bet it is hitting the coffers.

For the Bath game, I will actually bringing 3 guests up with me.

Posted by: chunky24 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 16:09

Quote:
Marconi
Would be interesting to know how the cost of all these "deals" adds up (in addition to non-discounted games) compared to a season ticket cost? Quite a few games seem to be being reduced at the moment - might make STH's think twice next year if costs go up?
Obviously good to have your seat guaranteed, but none of the games have been anywhere near a sell-out thus far?

I will be thinking this way when it comes to renewals next season, I basically buy our family ST because we like where it is and the people around us but at some stage financial consideration along with opportunity to regularly get free / discounted tickets will outweigh that.

Posted by: WaspieMatt (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 16:28

Quote:
chunky24
Quote:
Marconi

I will be thinking this way when it comes to renewals next season, I basically buy our family ST because we like where it is and the people around us but at some stage financial consideration along with opportunity to regularly get free / discounted tickets will outweigh that.

+1

Posted by: jamestaylor002 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 16:28

I too have noticed that ticket prices are being heavily discounted. I wasn't too impressed when they reduced the price of the recent league game v Bristol down to 5 after spending the full amount ("only" 24 but still a dramatic drop).

I am enjoying the Saturday kick offs but it has certainly stopped me from fully considering returning to play rugby as I have a lot of fun attending Wasps games.

Posted by: Gaz (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 18:10

It never sells out so wait til the last minute to get the best deals.

Posted by: hookender (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 22:59

I thought we (season ticket holders) were told that no tickets would be sold cheaper than the average cost of the season ticket for each match available?
I must admit I did consider not renewing this year considering how many games seem to be shown live and just come to those not on tv and go to more away games.

Posted by: bg (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 23:07

Quote:
hookender
I thought we (season ticket holders) were told that no tickets would be sold cheaper than the average cost of the season ticket for each match available?
I must admit I did consider not renewing this year considering how many games seem to be shown live and just come to those not on tv and go to more away games.

How many games are included within a ST. All the league home games, all the pool home games for the European and Premiership Cup.. so how many is that? 17?

Why not try the 'other' Wasps forum?
[onceawasp.com]

Posted by: Dgwasp (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 08:52

The game is televised which I assume is worth something to the club and helps them achieve what they want from revenue. The lead up to Christmas, dip in form and fact that people can watch the game in front of the fire will impact on the attendance so why not drop prices and try and entice new faces.

Personally I prefer to get to the game as there is a constant distraction from the wife and child at home to follow what is going on and I see going to the game as giving the club the support it needs.

Posted by: Paul Harrison1874 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 22:04

James Taylor 002

You are a long time retired from playing. That's the time to be watching rugby. I urge you to put your gumshield in and play on Saturdays. Your local club would be delighted to see you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net