Current Page: 1 of 8
3 leaving according to the mail...
Posted by: Phillywasp (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 19:06

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

These rumours donít seem to be going away.
Daly, Hughes and WLR all definitely on their way out according to the mail.

Re: 3 leaving according to the mail...
Posted by: DBee (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 19:13

I can see 2 of 3. I think Daly will stay. Itís the only one Dai has come out strongly on.

Posted by: loverugby1979 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 19:15

Not the finish of the world.

Better for the development of our youngsters like Ross Neal, Willis brothers, Stuart, Umaga, Porter etc....

I think that we need to do a rebuild in all the team. From the coaching staff to the squad. of course, at the finish of the season.

We are two steps away from Sarries and Chiefs. I don't think that our current way is the correct way to overcome it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 19:20 by loverugby1979.

Posted by: NellyWellyWaspy (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 19:23

I am all for a 're-building'. Another post on here recently described the team sheet as one where these big players are penciled in regardless of performance, but more in regard to their salary.

If we have lower salaried players in most positions, who is to say they are no better? With injuries, we are getting to see lesser known faces, and they seem to be filling the boots of their 'betters'.

That is what Exeter have. Very few on higher salaries, most on more equal terms, with an equal chance to play, and maybe we should welcome a squad with less stardust and more ambition and depth (lower pay per player == bigger squad - assuming the salary budget stays the same). Less stardust also means less players lost in International call-ups.

What it does not mean is doom and gloom. It means opportunity for the younger players. That in turn will encourage more young talent to join Wasps.

Parachuting big players in is not good for squad morale. We are forth in the table, and just exactly how much is that down to these three players? Little or nothing.

Why not use the 'other' Wasps forum? [onceawasp.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 19:49 by NellyWellyWaspy.

Posted by: Shugs (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 19:36

I think Le Roux was always going to be on his way - that's not to say he will be easy to replace. Hughes I'm not too worried about. We have Carr and Willis (x2 possibly) who can play 8, plus we just haven't seen enough of Hughes in a Wasps shirt. For me Daly would be the big miss. A genuinely world class player who we need to keep.

Posted by: Matt82 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 20:17

Would love to know where Sarries are going to get the money to pay for Daly? He can't be a marquee player for them. I can't see the other established stars being happy if Daly goes in on sky high wages. Who will they lose to accommodate him?

Posted by: chris87 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 20:21

Quote:
Matt82
Would love to know where Sarries are going to get the money to pay for Daly? He can't be a marquee player for them. I can't see the other established stars being happy if Daly goes in on sky high wages. Who will they lose to accommodate him?

We might loose Williams as he needs 60 caps to play for Wales and is stuck on 50?

And Daly might take less money to play for us in view of more success (like what Leicester use to do)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2018 20:23 by chris87.

Date: 05 December, 2018 20:28

Quote:
chris87
Quote:
Matt82

We might loose Williams as he needs 60 caps to play for Wales and is stuck on 50?

And Daly might take less money to play for us in view of more success (like what Leicester use to do)

Does Williams contract end this season? Plus Wales are allowed 4 players from outside of the home league are they not? That's why he's being picked currently. If Daly wants to take less money to play for you then you're more than welcome to him.

Posted by: Nomad_Wasp (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 20:47

Daly might be going for less money than we're offering, but a better overall offer. But if it's a "done deal" then are Sarries not breaking the rules about speaking to players out of contract before 1 Jan? Not that they are the only ones doing it of course

Posted by: bg (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 20:48

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
chris87
Quote:
Matt82

Does Williams contract end this season? Plus Wales are allowed 4 players from outside of the home league are they not? That's why he's being picked currently. If Daly wants to take less money to play for you then you're more than welcome to him.

I think he can currently be picked due to the same reason Josh Adams can be picked. I believe both signed their club contracts before the WRU changed their selection policy. I think the only exception to the rule is having 60 caps... I don't think there is a 4 player wildcard. So, like Adams, their contrats end this season so need to move to Wales if they want to make themselves available

Posted by: Dolph42 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 20:59

Williams has taken up the third year option on his contract and will be staying at Sarries next year, and will remain eligible for Wales.

Date: 05 December, 2018 21:02

Quote:
Dolph42
Williams has taken up the third year option on his contract and will be staying at Sarries next year, and will remain eligible for Wales.

So who else is leaving Sarries to shoe horn Daly in then?

Posted by: Trev's Big Tackle (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 21:11

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Dolph42

Is it the salary cap auditor leaving with a large bag of Krugerrands?

Posted by: chris87 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 21:12

Quote:
Matt82
Quote:
Dolph42

Boosch is meant to be off (either retire or France) and Strettle is on a 1 year deal.

Posted by: Dolph42 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 21:13

Quote:
Matt82

Probably Tolofua, Day, Burger, Strettle and maybe Bosch from the established players.

Posted by: steve from cov (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 21:35

Not sure ELliot would leave to play on a plastic pitch where his handling skills and running lines will not be utilised.

Iím not sure Iíve see Elliot play well at Saracens?

Date: 05 December, 2018 21:36

I can understand WLR going. Ever since he left SA he has been chasing money. If Hughes can get £500k at Bristol then good for him but I don't think he offers that value and if Dai is simply refusing to pay it then good for him.

Daly's rumoured move is a little more disappointing seeing he still has a year on his contract. If he's used a get out clause regarding the training ground then I'm finding difficult to believe that is the real reason. Has anyone heard of a player leaving a club due to dissatisfaction at training facilities.

With his England fees and endorsments plus Wasp salary he must be on a sizeable income so would he really leave just for another £100k? Perhaps. Maybe the real reason is personal.

As someone has already mentioned.. we're currently sat in 4th which Daly, WLR, and Hughes have barely contributed to

Posted by: Bracken&Macken (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 22:00

If Sarries sign Daly then Premier Rugby need to come out and admit the salary cap doesnít count for a certain club in Barnet.

Lions starters do not move clubs mainly due to their cost, Sarries have been caught cheating before and they received no punishment. Itís no surprise they would continue to break the rules.

Also if Daly is using facilities as an excuse to leave that is ridiculous, Sarries currently get changed in a shed for their home games.

WLR not surprised, you run this risk when you sign big money foreign players. Personally donít believe we see enough of Hughes to warrant a high salary.

Posted by: SarrieSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 05 December, 2018 22:21

Quote:
Bracken&Macken
If Sarries sign Daly then Premier Rugby need to come out and admit the salary cap doesnít count for a certain club in Barnet.

Bosch is gone at the end of the season. If Daly wants to win silverware enough he may well decide that he would be happy on a similar salary to Cello? Sounds reasonable to me. If he was going to a club struggling to compete then they probably would have to pay over the odds for a "Lion" but at Sarries he'd be one of many and given how well the club is doing they probably won't even have to match his Wasps salary.

I hope he stays at Wasps and helps the club get back on track.

Date: 05 December, 2018 22:30

If Daly is going it would be interesting to find out the real reason. I think he's on a decent wage at Wasps as he only recently signed a new contract, so I wouldn't have thought he's get a great deal more at Sarries

Why not try the 'other' Wasps forum?
[onceawasp.com]

Current Page: 1 of 8
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net