England Want 6N Condensed
Posted by: jamestaylor002 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 14:34

The Independant

Or, we could follow the lead of the Irish and manage our players better?

I'm sure that's easier said than done considering how English rugby operates (rightly or wrongly).

Re: England Want 6N Condensed
Posted by: bg (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 15:24

The problem is the IRFU control the 4 regions, similar to the WRU in Wales, the RFU have pretty much no control of the PRL. If the RFU hadn't wasted 30m plus on developing the East stand at Twickers they might have the money to make a CVC type investment in the PRL

Posted by: jamestaylor002 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 December, 2018 15:28

Quote:
bg
The problem is the IRFU control the 4 regions, similar to the WRU in Wales, the RFU have pretty much no control of the PRL. If the RFU hadn't wasted 30m plus on developing the East stand at Twickers they might have the money to make a CVC type investment in the PRL

Agreed. I know it ultimately comes down to the RFU having control of the Premiership but I tried avoiding it as it opens the can of worms such as club owners etc. etc.

But I think that the RFU should be looking within before trying to force itself onto other governing bodies. The problem is our player management, not the 6 Nations being too long.

Posted by: bald.paul.101 (IP Logged)
Date: 07 December, 2018 10:03

He's only suggesting it in a lions year, and only because the PRL don't want to move the final forward by a week, as the Pro 12 have said they will do. sounds like a reasonable attempt at compromise to me....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net