Why we should appreciate wasps
Posted by: BeddingtonWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2019 09:28

Wasps are a much maligned insect, which deserve more attention.They are a beneficial insects, keeping other pests in check.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side. - Yoda

Re: Why we should appreciate wasps
Posted by: wombles222 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2019 09:56

I agree with the report, however...

Why we should appreciate Wasps rugby?

Because ever since the days of Sudbury, throughout our nomadic history until we found our permanent home I have met supporters and people from many walks of life who either wear the black and gold or their own club colours as proudly as I do, and equally have their own stories and journeys within the sport we all love. I have been humbled by the personal struggles of many, I have been privileged to share moments of joy and elation, and equally support in defeat.

One of the greatest challenges in modern times has been having to read on social media the toxic views of the anonymous minority who find ‘strength’ in airing their unpalatable views online to discredit the clubs we love. I will make the point here they are the minority and are not brave enough to do it to people face to face, but the World Wide Web gives them a platform like no other. Their views however are misguided and insults all those of the clubs and ours that has been here since the earliest days of the sport. I will make my stand here, they may think they are rugby supporters, they may think they know the values of the game. But when you try to devalue and diminish or use words to marginalise others or of clubs themselves you really do not get any of those elements that makes us, well, us.

Wasps, the other clubs of all levels and rugby in general reflect how I approach my life, the respect of others, how to celebrate victory, yet learn from defeat. How to work hard but play fairly. How to be proud of who you are but respect diversity equally. I treasure every day that I wear the black and gold, yet equally cannot wait to spend time with those of green and yellow, black and red, blue black and white and all others who hail from London, the south east, the north or south west. This is a game above all others where we all love our teams, but equally love our sport for what it is and what it gives. I love Wasps (and rugby) for giving me that!

So if you are out and about in Guildford today, and you see a chap with a dodgy beard wearing a Wasps shirt, come and say hello, I love meeting new people and also about chatting about the sport we all love, and especially the club I love!

Chris

Once a Wasps ALWAYS a Wasp! (Sm128)

Re: Why we should appreciate wasps
Posted by: BeddingtonWasp (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2019 10:04

Agree with what you say.

I was a season ticket holder at Adams Park for years. What a wonderful period of success. Only the odd visit to the Ricoh now because of the distance involved from Beddington.

Sadly, won't be in Guildford today but this bald old codger will still raise a pint!

PS. Post was of course a joke!

The fear of loss is a path to the Dark Side. - Yoda

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net