Big Joe's Summer Holiday
Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:36

Cokanasiga named in the England squad for the tour to Argentina

Re: Big Joe's Summer Holiday
Posted by: fatlad76 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 08:51

Wow!
After seeing joe twice I was telling friends that he would be on the wing for England within 2 years!
Came a bit sooner than I thought!
Congratulations joe!

Posted by: MattM (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:03

Chuffed to bits for Joe. A great talent with huge potential.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:21

Well done Joe, an exciting player and good prospect.
Is Marland injured? Did not see him on the list.

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Posted by: Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:21

Well deserved joe! Shame Lewi couldn't join him on the tour though

Posted by: Paul_D (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:34

Fantastic achievement for Joe! When was the last time a championship player was called up into the England squad? I remember Chris Pennell coming off the bench for England the year Worcester got relegated but can't think of anyone since.

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 09:49

How long is his contract? All this does is put him on the radar of the bigger teams.
Chuffed for him, if we go up he'll be far more confident after playing on the tour. For lewi, I'm pleased he isn't going, I'd rather he have a good pre season as he didn't get one last year. He'll have his time again, for now though he needs to get some games under his belt and keep that knee strong

Posted by: tonyh50 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 11:04

Fabulous news for Joe and well deserved, amazing that Eddie has selected a Championship player, must rate him highly - just worried that being with all those premiership players we might find him 'poached' by a senior club?

Posted by: Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 11:10

Posted by: DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 13:47

A few words from Eddie at the 1:30 mark.

BBC Video

"He's big mate! And he's fast.....I don't care who he plays for."

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 14:02

Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
A few words from Eddie at the 1:30 mark.
BBC Video

"He's big mate! And he's fast.....I don't care who he plays for."

A refreshing change of attitude from an England coach. Knowing they'll get picked even when not perhaps playing Champions Cup rugby will hopefully help a little with player retention in future provided we get get a foothold back in the AP.

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 14:24

really like Eddie Jones he doesn't play by the establishment rules and isn't afraid to put his neck out and selected the likes of Joe over the likes of wade as he sees potential.

Posted by: ironman (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 18:59

Eddie Jones selections are a lot more exciting than Gatlands but then it was always going to be so. England will be the beneficiaries of the summer as competition hots up. Will be great to see Joe and also Solamona in England colours ...

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 21:51

Good luck to Joe, great achievement. Personally I'd have Lewy ahead of him though, for England or Irish !

Posted by: London Irish 'til I die (IP Logged)
Date: 20 April, 2017 23:34

So happy for Joe. Can't wait to see him in action. I though Alex Lewington or Johnny Williams might have made it however. But great to finally have England internationals back at London Irish!

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 06:53

Johnny still injured?

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 08:23

with Johnny injured and alex still finding his feet after long injury lay off, you can see why eddie left them out. Especially when you look at the strength in the centres and wing.

Posted by: MattM (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 09:11

I would assume that Eddie's attention was drawn more form Joe's performance with the u20s than in the league, as such I doubt he's looked much at the rest of the squad. But if we go up he'll be attending games and we might see other players get a look in, or at least join the wider EPS.

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Posted by: Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Date: 21 April, 2017 10:02

Speaking of Joe, I saw a couple of videos of his younger brother playing for our under 16 team. He looks a prospect!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net