Current Page: 1 of 2
Ben Franks
Posted by: bathsupporter (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 16:13

Played well for you guys... I know we are interested in signing him but admittedly would be cruel on you guys.. hope you can keep hold. All the best with the second leg!!!

Re: Ben Franks
Posted by: tonyh50 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 16:56

Hope this isn't true we will need him in the Premiership next season - just hope the Saulo signing isn't as cover because they think he's going?(Sm159)

Posted by: Alphacat (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 17:52

He is supposed to be contracted to us for another year so I don't think he'll be going quite yet...

Posted by: The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 18:08

Get your hands off Bath !!!

Posted by: jekyll (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 18:21

Why would he want to go to a failing team?

Posted by: Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 18:54

Quote:
bathsupporter
Played well for you guys... I know we are interested in signing him but admittedly would be cruel on you guys.. hope you can keep hold. All the best with the second leg!!!

You can Foxtrot Oscar

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Posted by: Nick4219 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 19:04

I'm sure next year is his final year of his three year contract?

He showed his commitment to Irish when we went down, now, with the real prospect of going back to being a Premiership team, I hope, and think that he will want to stay and help to move us forward next season.

Unless teams like Sarries, Exeter or Wasps came knocking, I can't see him wanting to move to any other English club

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 21:11

Bath, have a bit class for once. Good luck in your recruitment, please stop piggy backing our hard work. It's why you haven't had the success you could have done.
Not an angry message, just an option

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 21:38

IMHO obvious trolls should be ignored

Posted by: asteps07 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 21:42

Pretty sure last year Exeter were being touted as the front runners to sign him when we were demoted. Some stating it was a done deal, glad he stayed. I feel his and others grit and determination pulled us up in the second half of the Carnegie match

Posted by: sweetas (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 22:38

Ben won't be going to Bath, he doesn't like the place or ethos of the club.

Date: 18 May, 2017 23:05

Quote:
jekyll
Why would he want to go to a failing team?
Watch it!

Date: 18 May, 2017 23:08

He won't go... can imagine the annoyance of you all regarding Bath effectively eating up the Irish team through Bruce Craig's pocket... I can only apologise on his behalf!

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 23:26

Stay classy Bath...(Sm53)

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 07:55

Money never a problem nor of course was the salary cap a few years ago

Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 09:03

Great respect to Ben for staying when others fled. Matt Symons, Maitlland etc. Why would he want to move now, assuming we go up. If he were to go, he'd go to a team who might win something.

Posted by: Griff (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 10:03

I suspect this "article" is the origin of the rumour. Given that Israel Dagg and Fekitoa are on that list I'm guessing it's more pipe-dream than fact.

Posted by: exile_pete (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 15:29

Very charitable use of speech marks there, Griff!

Bath supporters say who they'd like the club to sign via social media & it ends up in the local rag... outstanding j'ism

Posted by: DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 15:39

To be fair, the article just does ask the Bath fans for their thoughts and votes on a fan wish list.

Posted by: Yeoman (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 15:50

Why don't Bath grow there own players instead of poaching. Don't they have an academy of any note?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net