Bristol sign Piutau
Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 08:46

From 18/19 as worlds most expensive player. We better start collections at our games!

Re: Bristol sign Piutau
Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 08:55

Alright for some!

Posted by: Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 13:39

Bristol would be pretty screwed if Piutau gets a long term injury before he joins.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Posted by: Since 1888 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 15:12

Have you heard of insurance Dave?......thought so. So no we wouldn't be screwed as you so eloquently put it.

Date: 11 August, 2017 16:09

Alright mate calm yourself

Posted by: DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 17:07

I'm sure the deal is subject to medicals at the time etc. I doubt if they're that stupid.

Anyhoos, unlike previous years, this time Bris seem to be forming a team good enough to play in the Premiership as opposed to just being good enough to go up. I wouldn't be surprised if their current big names are being paid a lot up front this year & less for the following while in the Premiership as there's no salary cap down there

Posted by: Steelman (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 17:20

Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
I'm sure the deal is subject to medicals at the time etc. I doubt if they're that stupid.
Anyhoos, unlike previous years, this time Bris seem to be forming a team good enough to play in the Premiership as opposed to just being good enough to go up. I wouldn't be surprised if their current big names are being paid a lot up front this year & less for the following while in the Premiership as there's no salary cap down there

"....down there,"
take that between your shoulder blades,a little harsh perhaps

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 18:39

Consequence of playoffs being scrapped. Bristol have big pockets and with no risk of not being promoted, easy to push for a big squad to challenge next season. Big signing for them.

Strange that it is announced so early though. Ulster signed Christian Lealifano today, they must have wanted to get one out before the other.

Date: 11 August, 2017 19:59

Missed that news and what a great signing now he's back from his leukaemia

Posted by: AGS (IP Logged)
Date: 11 August, 2017 23:57

Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic

Wages are averaged across the length of a contract when looking at salary cap. Done to prevent front loading either in a different league, or by creative use of marquee signings.

Posted by: HeavyCream (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 08:31

Quote:
Since 1888
Have you heard of insurance Dave?......thought so. So no we wouldn't be screwed as you so eloquently put it.

What an embarrassing overreaction.

Posted by: Ecksile (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 10:48

Quote:
HeavyCream
Quote:
Since 1888

What an embarrassing overreaction.

Must admit I didn't read it in those terms.

I took it as meaning that if he picked up an injury before he joined, then Bris would be without someone they'd recruited a year previously.

Not thinking in financial terms til "Since 1888" brought it up.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net