Which Of the Recruits Impressed?
Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 19:30

I wasn't at the game but would love to hear the views of those who were there.

Re: Which Of the Recruits Impressed?
Posted by: Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 20:15

The whole pack from the first half were impressive along with steele, Lewington, tonks and topsy.
In the second half more of the new recruits came on with Lomidze and meehan catching my eye. All in all a great team effort and particularly pleased that mcnally really stepped up with de chaves at lock
Interesting in the second half when nayalo came on he seemed to play lock

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 21:10

I thought all the new boys did well, but Meehan has one hell of a pass on him..like a bullet! That pass will create space,overlaps etc, loved it, potentially a real weapon!

Posted by: Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 22:46

Meehan certainly had a nice flat pass and was a Real live wire so it's going to be a great battle for the 9 shirt

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 12 August, 2017 23:57

Have to agree, meehan. That pass is going to cause all sorts of problems for the opposition.

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 02:15

And he's English qualified!

Posted by: MattM (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 06:08

He's a chippy little s#!t as well... as all good scrum halves should be!

Sponsoring Ollie Hassell-Collins for the 2017/18 season.

Usually found tweeting gibberish (via @MattMerritt)

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 07:47

Agree about Meehan and no slouch in the tackle area either. (Sm134)

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 08:24

TRP and Kendo singled out the pack and Du Plessis

Posted by: Neale Harvey (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 08:40

I wouldn't say Kendo singled out Du Plessis... I asked him about Du Plessis and that was his answer. He was happy with a lot of other people too. Thought Meehan was good, although he did leave a gaping hole from a scrum that Quins nearly scored from. Bet he won't be doing that again! Lewington was very sharp and De Chaves looked the part. Decent game, plenty for both sides to work on... just a shame about the injury to Wallace. Never want to see that.

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 09:03

Thanks for the posts, sounds very encouraging. As frustrating as it is to have lost, we'll learn more from that than if we'd won. The way in which we lost serves us well leading into the prem where teams won't relent until the whistle goes. Even more positive given that Quins have already played a game, As Wallace proved, it's so easy to pick up an injury, fingers crossed we stay injury free before the season opener

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 09:21

Thanks Neale - just the way I read it

Posted by: exile99 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 09:37

Napolioni Nalaga was a beast in defence. Very strong impact in every tackle that left Marland looking a bit shaken. I didn't see if he got any attacking opportunities, but I'm not sure there are many wingers in the Premiership who are looking forward to meeting him, based on yesterday's performance.

Posted by: rugbygibbo (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 10:39

Did he come in on the wing rather than centre then?

Posted by: Strom (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 10:57

I was pleased the new players appear to be so quickly working together.

Yes, Napolioni Nalaga certainly put his hand up yesterday.

IMHO I thought that Irish's line and line-speed were showing the input of some decent coaching.

Quins of course took their chances and scored the higher number of points.

Finally, hope Quins' Wallace has a speedy recovery.

Looking forward to the LDH !

Posted by: Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 18:20

Well was at the game yesterday have to say was very impressed with 90% of what I saw the tackling, line speed, off loads, and passing was a pleasure to see sicking to see Wallace injured all can hope a speedy recovery also hope the lady hit on the head has recovered.
a couple of little gripes, a few missed tackles, line outs still a little iffy and a couple of handling errors but for a team integrating so many new faces was a cracking display.

Posted by: RodB (IP Logged)
Date: 13 August, 2017 20:34

Work to do on receiving the restart......

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 14 August, 2017 20:36

Quote:
RodB
Work to do on receiving the restart......

Yes indeed...we "lost" three in a row as Quins kicked "just" to the 10M line...very smart.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net