1 Tom Smallbone,
2 Tom Woolstencroft,
3 Ollie Hoskins,
4 Josh Basham,
5 Will Lloyd (c),
6 Max Northcote-Green,
7 Isaac Curtis-Harris,
8 Lasha Lomidze

Replacements: 16 Todd Gleave, 17 Austin Hay, 18 Lovejoy Chawatama, 19 Teofilo Paulo, 20 Dom McGeekie, 21 Elliot Quintin, 22 Ed Hoadley, 23 Ollie Hassell-Collins

Exciting team out tonight. Looking forward to seeing Johnny Williams returning as well as Tom Smallbone, and seeing Nalaga make a big impact.

Re: A League team tonight
Posted by: exile99 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 10:12

Good to see Teofilo on the bench too.

Any feedback on how Lovejoy & Austin got on last week?

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 10:29

Good side that, I'm tempted to pop along (if allowed)

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 10:59

Fantastic that tom smallbone is back in contention after such a long time out injured. fingers crossed he stays fit.

Posted by: Sam_R43 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 11:01

Quins side;

15. Tim Swiel
14. Cadan Murley
13. Winston Stanley
12. Harry Sloan
11. Tim Visser
10. James Lang
9. Charlie Mulchrone (c)

1. Mark Lambert
2. Elia Elia
3. Phil Swainston
4. John Okafor
5. Stan South
6. Willie Ryan (Guest)
7. Archie White
8. Dino Lamb

16. Charlie Piper
17. Cameron Holenstein
18. Josh Ibuanokpe
19. Nathan Thomas (Guest)
20. James Gulliver (Guest)
21. Calum Waters
22. Dave Lewis
23. Tom James (Guest)

Could be a tough game against that Quins side. But vital game time for new and returning players. Good to see Nalaga & Williams ready to start games and for the younger guys like Josh Basham getting involved with the senior players.

Just to temper expectations, Irish have won just 1 of their last 21 A-League games over the past 6 years, and that was against London Welsh.

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 11:01

It's a low bar given our history in the competition, but that's the strongest team I can remember.

Nice to see lots of players back from injury

Date: 11 September, 2017 12:47

If Nalaga and Williams (J) make it through without injury do you think we'll see one or both on the bench on Friday? I'm thinking Nalaga could make the bench with Williams given a bit more time to get match sharp.

Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 13:00

Would like to see them subbed at half time and if no reaction tomorrow they should be in the starting 15 or on the bench. It will bee interesting to see how Tom Fowlie plays tonight.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Posted by: Babs O (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 13:42

Nalaga on the bench for Friday would be great, bring him on with 20 mins to go to cause havoc on a tiring defence. We need that impact and directness for the latter stages of games.

Posted by: Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 15:11

Will be a very god test for them against a strong looking quins team. So pleased to see Tom smallbone back after his long injury and great to have Johnny back again. If Johnny comes through this game unscathed I'd be tempted to start him on Friday as I think centre is seriously weak without him or mulchrone

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 15:15

Great to see such a strong academy presence in the team.

Posted by: asteps07 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 17:39

After J Williams has had such a long time out, he will probably need match fitness. I wouldn't like to see him withdrawn from this game just to be put on the bench in the prem. give him a couple of A games to get the match sharpness back.

Date: 11 September, 2017 20:08

And the lack of A-league wins continues sad smiley

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 20:20

Ah well. Business as usual

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 11 September, 2017 21:59

Nalaga didn't get much ball this evening, but when he did, he really looked dangerous! Hope he makes the bench for Friday.

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 05:27

How is Lomidze doing at 8?

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 06:28

Quote:
HMRH

Mmmm, didn't do a lot last night, and PANS was telling me at the weekend that he was disappointed with him in the Gloucester game.

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 07:14

Quote:
Finno
Quote:
HMRH

Mmmm, didn't do a lot last night, and PANS was telling me at the weekend that he was disappointed with him in the Gloucester game.

He got plenty of ball against Glaws but didn't seem to be able to make much headway against their defence. He's definitely very mobile but is he a bit on the small size to be an effective Prem level back rower?

Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 10:42

Crikey, conceding an average of 40 pts a match! We must lack in depth, or was there no A league participation last year?

Posted by: Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
Date: 12 September, 2017 11:46

Quote:
PV
Crikey, conceding an average of 40 pts a match! We must lack in depth, or was there no A league participation last year?

Not sure what the point is entering a team into the A League, all we seem to do is get walloped every week.

I remember playing Saracens away, Tagi, Geraghty etc, 10 to get in, 0-64 scoreline.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net