James Marshall defensive liability twice

Re: Newcastle game
Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 20:10

Williams missed that first up tackle for the half way run in

Posted by: Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 20:35

Williams missed it but it was Marshalls tackle to make. Him stepping left made Williams have to come across and try to make it. That was 100% Marshall's fault.

Date: 29 September, 2017 20:39

With good coaching you minimise the risk by putting the right people in the channels you expect the big 12 to run into. Munster did it with o Gara year on year. This is a lack of preparation caused by poor to non existent coaching during the week.

Posted by: wanderson90 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 21:37

What happened at the end?!

Drawing about 2 or 3 players in and then taking out yo the wings! That was happening the whole night...route 1 to Lewington or Nalaga. Too many handling errors cost us the game yet again.

On a positive note, Paulo and Fainga'a looked very good.

Posted by: cjm. (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 21:50

I would not criticise James Marshall. He is one of our small selection of truly class players. He may have been caught out in defense but often because the proper defence were missing in action. He seems pretty small so can't expect big tackles from him.

Posted by: HeavyCream (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 21:58

Did no one else enjoy that final quarter?! Man that was tense. I'm so glad I missed the first half though, miserable. Meehan looked ace to me, Paulo, Lewers and Faingaa too. Why does it take us so long to spark?!!

Date: 29 September, 2017 22:04

Quote:
HeavyCream
Did no one else enjoy that final quarter?! Man that was tense. I'm so glad I missed the first half though, miserable. Meehan looked ace to me, Paulo, Lewers and Faingaa too. Why does it take us so long to spark?!!

we generally spark just after the other side think the game is won.

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 29 September, 2017 22:05

Quote:
HeavyCream

Loved the final 10 minutes, we actually showed heart and pride and dag namit, we actually got close to a LBP

Posted by: Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 08:46

In the immortal words of Victor Meldrew "Always look on the bright side of life" we didnt get a drubbing like Glaws 57 -10 defeat!!!

COYI

Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 09:07

Apart from the 10 minutes that Newcastle scored their 3 tries I felt LI had most of the possession. Newcastle's defence was incredible and won them the game. Felt LI did enough for a losing bonus point.

For next week I would like to see Tonks getting a start at 13, Fowlie at 11, Glisenan at 7 and Meehan at 9, Franks at 3.

Marshall needs to be supported more by the back row forwards.

Passing needs to be in front of the receiving player and the receiving player must be on the move forward whereas in the last 4 games the receiving player was standing still.

Discipline needs to be improved - we lost 10 metres three times while camped in their 22 - due to players talking back to the official.

There was enough in last night's performance for LI fans to be optimistic for the future, hopefully starting with Leicester at home. We only lost to them last year 12-6 because we didn't have a kicker whereas now we have one of the best in Tommy Bell.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Date: 30 September, 2017 10:03

There's been enough in all the performances to suggest we're more than good enough. Unless we pick up points it just doesn't matter. There are only a handful of games to to get ourselves the points we need to keep ourselves away from Wuss. The massive inconsistency of the other teams means they are all getting wins and breaking away from us. It's already a two horse race. Starting poorly is a coaching issue.

TAKE POINTS WHEN ON OFFER!! we're panicking in the first half and refusing the three points because we've conceded three tries, a few more kicked penalties would have allowed us better options in the closing stages of last night.

Date: 30 September, 2017 10:16

The All Blacks often have much less possession than the opposition but it doesn't stop them ripping them apart. Having lot of possession but getting nothing from it is actually quite worrying as it suggests we don't have much in the way of attacking skills or threats.

Agree about the taking the three points. There was so long in the match to go that clipping a few points off the oppo lead with each penalty was the non-panicked option.

Think the Dr needs to kick our rather to cosy coaches up the harris. They had a look of not bothered about them.

Posted by: NMB (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 10:28

Gloucester are in the battle too at the moment although their home form normally sees them break away. But at the moment we are one win away from a few teams.

Prediction time - By new year we will be 10th

Posted by: Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 12:15

We had a crazy 10 mins that cost us the game however we seem to be saying this week in week out at the moment. Again improvements game in the second half when the bench came on.
The whole bench made an impact but particular mentions to Elrington, Hoskins, meehan and fowlie. All deserve to start from me

Posted by: Bedlington Lad (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 13:53

Falcons fan in peace - I thought your guys showed enough to keep you up - no heads dropped at all. Poor decision not to take the points on offer in the first half to keep you in touch and your discipline wasn't great. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 30 September, 2017 14:23

Quote:
cjm.
The All Blacks often have much less possession than the opposition but it doesn't stop them ripping them apart. Having lot of possession but getting nothing from it is actually quite worrying as it suggests we don't have much in the way of attacking skills or threats.
Agree about the taking the three points. There was so long in the match to go that clipping a few points off the oppo lead with each penalty was the non-panicked option.

Think the Dr needs to kick our rather to cosy coaches up the harris. They had a look of not bothered about them.

Very true, we had a lot of possession in the first half, but had made a paltry 100 odd metres compared to falcons 300 odd

Posted by: NorfolkFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 06:53

Another Falcon in peace.

You guys played very well at times and probably deserved something out of the game. You look stronger than Warriors to me so you have every chance of staying up. You clearly had threats down the wins but your game plan was too predictable i.e. long looping passes to the wingers, should mix it up and have your centres look to run through the gaps occasionally as we drifted immediately once Marshall got the ball, which made it extremely difficult for them to do anything.

Your replacement scrum half was extremely keen. Haven't heard any scrum half bark orders like that for a long time! You'll be fine if your team shows that level of passion/commitment.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net