Current Page: 1 of 5
Brentford - The proposed stadium changes
Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 13:08

[www.brentfordcommunitystadium.com]

Interesting stuff, assuming we actually end up there ! Could be an ideal size for us, if we could ever fill it !

Re: Brentford - The proposed stadium changes
Posted by: Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 13:39

no details on parking schemes etc.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Posted by: Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 13:41

17,500 capacity would be ideal for us. Less cavernous with the current small crowds but with enough space should we improve on them.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 03 October, 2017 13:42

The current trend is sustainable / public transport, so people wanting a 20,000 stadium with 10,000 car parking spaces are always going to be disappointed

Posted by: exile99 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 17:16

Quote:
GHA
The current trend is sustainable / public transport, so people wanting a 20,000 stadium with 10,000 car parking spaces are always going to be disappointed

The MadStad will soon fit the bill, assuming they go ahead and build the shopping centre / cinema / ice rink etc, on the car park.

Posted by: norg2072 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 18:50

The Madstad will never fit the bill unless the current contract is torn up, which will never happen as its in place until 2025! The stadium is run exclusively by Compass, and they have no idea about running bars for a rugby crowd and contribute to a dismal matchday experience. The club get nothing back except ticket sales, and that business model is not sustainable. Our costs compared to revenue generated is one of the highest in the league.

Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 19:30

Where does it state that the agreement with Brentford is any different from the Madstad one?

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 19:43

Quote:
paulm1953
Where does it state that the agreement with Brentford is any different from the Madstad one?

I would say that the main difference is that one is in Reading and the other is in London.

Posted by: HeavyCream (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 06:44

Moving from one football town to another for one football ground from another. We need to buy up a well worn rugby field somewhere in the Thames valley and start putting up some seating around it. It is the ONLY way we will ever feel like a proper club. We need to get hold of these guys, and do what they're doing....... [www.shropshirestar.com]

Just need some money

Posted by: AlecW (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 07:58

Yeah - anyone got a spare 70-100 million down the back of the sofa?

No - thought not.

HeavyCream - that would take a LOT of money (to build a 10,000+ seater stadium), plus planning permission (in the Thames Valley? For a sports stadium? Are you joking...???), plus road access and parking... There are not very many suitable parcels of land of that acreage for sale at ANY price in the Thames Valley.

That is money we simply don't have. Not even Mick Crossan and his pals.

Sorry, but it is a pipedream.

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 08:08

Quote:
HeavyCream
Moving from one football town to another for one football ground from another. We need to buy up a well worn rugby field somewhere in the Thames valley and start putting up some seating around it. It is the ONLY way we will ever feel like a proper club. We need to get hold of these guys, and do what they're doing....... [www.shropshirestar.com]
Just need some money

I agree! I've always thought the perfect long term solution is Hazelwood. If you put planning to one side for a moment it's perfect!

We own the land.
It's already home.
There's enough space for a stadium and parking, and keep the 'world class training facilities'
If parking is a problem, Kempton Park is just up the road for Park and Ride.
We might need to punch a new access road hole through to the site.
It's then just a case of slowly building forward with temporary stands, like Exeter,Bath, Worcester, Quins etc use. We even have the advantage of not having to build changing rooms etc to begin with.

So, all we need is Planing Permission! With planning, it's amazing what's possible if you have stomach to dig in and plug away! I have intimate experience of what's possible here in Horsham with the local football club. When the threatened loss of a key community facility was a possibility if the football club didn't get a new home, it was amazing how councilors attitudes changed despite locals objection. Eventually, the football club won. In LI's case you argue that the current community use of Hazelwood would be lost, as LI can only become sustainable and stay in business, and keep the community facility is if the professional arm moves in. It might take a few years of chipping away, but I'm sure we'd get there in the end!

Easy 'innit!!

Posted by: HeavyCream (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 08:34

Quote:
AlecW
Yeah - anyone got a spare 70-100 million down the back of the sofa?
No - thought not.

HeavyCream - that would take a LOT of money (to build a 10,000+ seater stadium), plus planning permission (in the Thames Valley? For a sports stadium? Are you joking...???), plus road access and parking... There are not very many suitable parcels of land of that acreage for sale at ANY price in the Thames Valley.

That is money we simply don't have. Not even Mick Crossan and his pals.

Sorry, but it is a pipedream.

Wow sorry for having an opinion. Any danger of responding in a way that's not rude and patronising? Pretty sure I stated at the end that we'd need money. Anythings possible with planning permission as Finno says..... we will never succeed at Brentford. In my opinion. Hazelwood gets my vote.

Posted by: DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:19

The ideal thing would be to do as Sarries & find an old dilapidated sports ground in the Thames Valley & convert it as a joint venture with the local authorities with a shared use/ownership agreement.

Posted by: fatlad76 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:23

Palmer park!
Problem solved!(Sm100)

Posted by: Jolly Green Giant (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:28

Palmer Park agreed ..
Would definitely be a winner, said it many a time ..

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:30

I would have thought that Brentford wins hands down ahead of Hazelwood or many other locations for one big reason. Public Transport.

Driving to stadiums is not a way to get people into grounds. Would most people who go to grounds at football matches by car? Wembley, Emirates, Stamford Bridge, White Hart Lane, Olympic Park etc etc surely the vast majority in these stadiums all go by public transport. Not sure of our crowds at games but I would say over 50% drive to the stadium and in the grounds above I would be amazed if it was even 10% who drive to those grounds.

I travel by car to Mad Stad about 9 miles but would prefer to go by train. Never really drink at games as I drive, it is way quicker. I have always seen the logic of the move to Brentford for this main reason, if you can get large amounts of people in and out of a ground quickly by public transport then you will get better crowds. Brentford is one of the best that I have seen for rail, tube, bus access and that makes it attractive to larger potential supporters. Brentford has planning permission (for rugby as well as football) and is going to be built. With your residents in Sunbury/Hazelwood and one exit/roundabout off the M3 to get 10,000 in and out mostly by car..... can't see it myself, you would never get permission even if you had the money to build a big stadium.

Posted by: DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:45

I guess it depends where your starting from Bazzo. Unfortunately Brentford isn't on a main line so anyone travelling any distance will require 1 or more changes + the delays involved and the increased risk of a donkey replacement service.

And this wonderful train service is only hourly on a Sunday.

Posted by: Foggy-Balla (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:00

Quote:
DrV'sHairyCraic
I guess it depends where your starting from Bazzo. Unfortunately Brentford isn't on a main line so anyone travelling any distance will require 1 or more changes + the delays involved and the increased risk of a donkey replacement service.
And this wonderful train service is only hourly on a Sunday.

Yes, but the 10k will be able to walk from home (Sm14)

Faugh-a-Ballagh!

"Our prayer is 'God save Ireland' and pour blessings on her name!"

Vestigia Nulla Retrorsum

Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:04

Maybe there is no need to run extra trains on a Sunday at the moment, but if there's a demand for transport to the area,then the rails are still there even if the parking spaces are not

Bohemiansingles@yahoo.com
631-563-9892

Posted by: Sussexile (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 11:29

Coming up from the south coast , I think Brentford will be far more difficult to get to for us . |I am assuming that the location will mean parking is very limited . Public transport I imagine will be very time consuming and expensive for four of us . Now we simply drive to the Mad Stad and park .

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net