Current Page: 1 of 2
Teams up
Posted by: Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 10:47

London Irish: 15 Tommy Bell, 14 Alex Lewington, 13 Aseli Tikoirotuma, 12 Greig Tonks, 11 Topsy Ojo, 10 James Marshall, 9 Ben Meehan, 1 Ben Franks, 2 David Paice (c), 3 Petrus Du Plessis, 4 Franco van der Merwe, 5 Sebastian de Chaves, 6 Josh McNally, 7 Blair Cowan, 8 Jake Schatz

Replacements: 16 Todd Gleave, 17 Harry Elrington, 18 Ollie Hoskins, 19 Teofilo Paulo, 20 Lasha Lomidze, 21 Scott Steele, 22 Theo Brophy Clews, 23 Tom Fowlie

Re: Teams up
Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 10:52

So Johnny Williams and Trev are injured? Surprised at Fowlie not getting a start. What e does Glisenan need to do to get a regular game? Would have preferred Hoskins as the starting tighthead. Pleased to see Tonks at inside centre and hopefully fast service from Ben to Marshall and Tonks will create try situations.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 10:55

I like the look of the bacline quite well balanced. Fowlie is unlucky not to get a start but another impressive stint off the bench and he should be first choice come european matches.

Surprised Fai'inga isn't in the squad, did he pick up a niggle at newcastle?

Posted by: Jamo (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 10:55

Someone needs to have a word with Trev not to keep getting unnecessarily injured flying in to contact when there is no need.

Date: 06 October, 2017 10:58

Quote:
Jamiepep1
I like the look of the bacline quite well balanced. Fowlie is unlucky not to get a start but another impressive stint off the bench and he should be first choice come european matches.
Surprised Fai'inga isn't in the squad, did he pick up a niggle at newcastle?

I believe he has picked up a knock.

Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 11:01

Leicester Tigers (v London Irish, away, Saturday 3.00pm)

15 Telusa Veainu
14 Nick Malouf
13 Gareth Owen
12 Matt Toomua
11 Jonny May
10 George Ford (c)
9 Sam Harrison
1 Greg Bateman
2 George McGuigan
3 Dan Cole
4 Dan Tuohy
5 Dom Barrow
6 Sione Kalamafoni
7 Will Evans
8 Valentino Mapapalangi

Replacements
16 Tom Youngs
17 Ellis Genge
18 Patrick Cilliers
19 Harry Wells
20 Luke Hamilton
21 Ben Youngs
22 Joe Ford
23 Mathew Tait

Date: 06 October, 2017 11:03

Thanks AW, strong side and bench you have there.

Posted by: Portcullis Irish (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 11:12

Strong but beatable Quality on bench with Genge & both Youngs but play for 80 mins like the second half on Friday & we can edge this.

Posted by: olw131 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 11:35

Strong side, excited to see what the Aussie boys can bring to the table. Shame that Nalaga, Williams, Fainga'a and Trev are injured so soon. Porecki presumably too, this is asking a lot of Gleave who's only played for us a handful of times so hopefully he can rise to the challenge.

I'm hoping the absentees are indicative of the increasingly attritional Premiership as a whole rather than a training issue, Quins have 45% of their squad unavailable and some sides haven't even been able to field A League teams. Saw on Twitter on Tuesday we were actually training against Quins to make up the numbers for both sides.

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 11:38

Delighted to see Greg start, hopefully he'll primarily help shore up midfield, and should also provide options in attack!

and lets hope Ben gives us some real'zip' !!

It's Friday midday and as ever I'm really optimistic for a positive result tomorrow! Some things never change! COYI!!

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 12:43

Nalaga out with a broken arm which isn't great news

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 13:22

Be interesting to see how our new signings go, Tuohy and Evans both have plenty of experience and Mapapalangi looks like the real deal with international experience as well. I think we might pinch this.
COME ON YOU TIGERRRRrrrrrsssssss.

Posted by: Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 14:37

Tigers by 40.

Posted by: DaveTVT (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:07

Quote:
Tigers by 40.

So on that basis a 20-30 point loss for LI would be a disappointing result for Tigers then?

Posted by: thenugget45 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:32

I admire your optimism Ajax, tigers by 60 for me

Posted by: Steelman (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:38

If the intention is to dominate possession and play the whole match in their half, then that team would do, but that rather assumes that George Ford has his worse game of the season,unable to cope with our first up tackling.Should that not happen then our backs are gonna look very lightweight again. Arriving just as the opposition touches down, has become our trade mark this year. A couple of our star backs, have rarely completed a proper tackle,always looking to nick,and other teams notice and target this. Our success in the opening game came of the back of fearsome first up tackling and until we replicate this we won't win again.

Posted by: NMB (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:40

That's a shame about fai'inga as I thought he made a good impact when he was on and hoped he'd get a run of games, hopefully not too much of a lay off.

Happy with that team, very pleased Tonks & Meehan are on from the start and looking forward to seeing what schatz can do. A tough first game for him!

I hope for us to look more comfortable in possession from the start, no need to force things, we have enough playmakers on the field to find the gaps. And please please a better defensive showing! We are at home and no matter who we are playing they need to be made to work for every single point!

Posted by: NMB (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 15:42

I want to get in on this, tigers by 100!!

Posted by: London Irish 'til I die (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 17:30

Forget the pessimism. Id rather like a win.

Failing that a LBP. And failing that a Worcester loss.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 17:36

There are some on our offy demanding a bonus point win, it would be nice, but we have to back up last weeks performance and I'll be happy to win by less than 7.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net