Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I知 losing the will to live.
Posted by: HK Phooey (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 20:45

Thought we were lucky in that Leicester could have had a couple more tries from some of their breaks in the first half. Some poor decisions by them and good tackling certainly prevented them from having a BP

Posted by: Micky T (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 21:03

I thought meahan was ok couple of grubber passes in the first half which lead to losing posesion. I just thought the team looked more settled when Scot came on we just seemed to flow better.

Posted by: Steelman (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 23:04

Quote:
paulm1953
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Topsy Ojo so far in this thread. He was brilliant both in defence and attack. He is having a great season.

Happy to agree with this,dunno wot he's taking but I wish he'd share it
With our starting props,who became manikins in open play.

Posted by: Robs (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 00:19

Quote:
Heaf
Shame JP didn't spot the in at the sides and the forward pass before their tries ...
Newcastle fan in peace
Couldn't believe Mays try on 62 minutes Big forward pass .Amazed the tmo
and the commentators failed to pick up on it. The Leics inside centre delivers the pass on the 22 and May collects at least 1 metre inside
Absolutely shocking
You've been robbed my friends

Posted by: Heaf (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 01:07

To be fair to Austin H he did comment on it and said that he thought it was forwards ...

Posted by: bisach (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 07:16

David Rose as TMO. Why, because he's not good enough to be on on-pitch official? Well neither were the two muppets running the lines today.

Until the officials are actually TOLD they are rubbish, the mistakes will continue to happen.

They are NOT Gods, they are men who make mistakes and should BE TOLD. None of this "the officals are always right". That's OK for on the pitch during play but ...

Posted by: Nick4219 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 07:33

It's quite tiresome the continual need to try and blame the ref for our losses and it is absolutely pointless banging on about it during and after the games as it will never change anything. No doubt some Tigers fans will have points to argue about some of the decisions that went against them, but, as fans, screaming at the ref is not going to change that.

The performances in the first quarter are what's costing us these games be it down to team selection or just that the players need something to fire them up from the first kick. When we work out what that spark is, we should see a lot more closer games.

Tiks is out of position due to injuries so I think the criticism is a bit unfair and it's nonsense to suggest he can't tackle because he can.

McNally has grown in the last 2 games and really hope his controlled mean streak develops further and he sits down a lot more of the opposition like yesterday's hit.

Overall I feel the performances are improving and I don't think wholesale changes are required and could be counter productive.

Posted by: Jamo (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 07:38

Quote:
Nick4219
It's quite tiresome the continual need to try and blame the ref for our losses and it is absolutely pointless banging on about it during and after the games as it will never change anything. No doubt some Tigers fans will have points to argue about some of the decisions that went against them, but, as fans, screaming at the ref is not going to change that.
The performances in the first quarter are what's costing us these games be it down to team selection or just that the players need something to fire them up from the first kick. When we work out what that spark is, we should see a lot more closer games.

Tiks is out of position due to injuries so I think the criticism is a bit unfair and it's nonsense to suggest he can't tackle because he can.

McNally has grown in the last 2 games and really hope his controlled mean streak develops further and he sits down a lot more of the opposition like yesterday's hit.

Overall I feel the performances are improving and I don't think wholesale changes are required and could be counter productive.

I agree with all of that. Particularly the need to get in the mindset in the first quarter. It痴 so frustrating.

Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 08:25

Another thing that needs to be addressed is James Marshall's kicking from hand at restarts as he is kicking the ball too far. In the first half we could have had U. Bolt in the team and he wouldn't have got near any of Marshall's kicks,

The good news is he improved in the second half.

Looking forward to seeing TBC play against Edinburgh in the Euro Challenge Cup.

Come on you Irish

Paul

Posted by: millhillexile (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 09:12

Call me mad but I really enjoyed yesterday's game and as bad as we were in the first half we were still in the game at half time.They scored a try in the 1st few minutes that will have totally rocked the team and that early try in the 2nd half would have killed off most teams. Look at the opposition Cole,Ford,May et al.A top team. But our boys wouldn't lie down and have a collective team spirit. Some of the issues mentioned by others can be ironed out. Jimmys kicks offs are too deep but some of his kicks in play were great and his runs and disguised pass give us go forward. Ben Meehans box kicks were too far but again more practice and game time will help.Our defensive line looked ragged at times and we are susceptible to counter attack with Scott making a try saving tackle. All of this can be remedied.Do we have time. Yes. Are we improving. Yes. Not quickly. But there is definitely improvement. Maybe the 2 young props start and we swap that around. Fowlie in at centre as he impresses and that's nothing against Tiks he just needs to come out of the firing line. McNally has had a run and showing well,same with Tonks. So no wholesale changes just tweeking and coaching. And yes I do wear green tinted glasses. Keep it going Irish.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 09:44

Spot on Nick

Shame some people are quick to blame the referee for one mistake but silent on an Irish player's one missed tackle or one knock on or one sloppy pass

Onwards and upwards, but we can't keep saying 'we know what we need to work on' every week. We'll start running out of games

COYI

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 09:56

Let Skivs give the pre game talk next time, he doesn't strike me as someone who feels the need to be constantly optimistic. He'll tell the players exactly what's needed and that anything less than that isn't good enough. All the players said he was a great motivator when he was captain. The players need some of that motivation more than ever

Posted by: Steelman (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 10:01

Yes,and the coaches need to quickly improve. Coach in charge of set piece, can take a small bow, that seems solid or even better after substitutions.Fitness coach,yep the boys have got the stamina bit,but perhaps you should start the training with sprints to solve our first half problems.alternatively, a it of lateral thinking and let's start the games 50 minutes later. Backs coach,anyone want to own up. Selection committee,just pay a bit more attention to Wots decided on the forum,and your jobs might just be safe.And finally, could the DoR try and look a bit more concerned when we're 3 try's down in 30 minutes ,bless him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 10:06 by Steelman.

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 12:05

Sitting here reflecting on yesterday after having watched a recording, yes, there are still lots to be improved on/sorted out but that squad have a togetherness and will to fight for each other that is invaluable!!

I'm convinced we will sort things out, and do enough to stay up, which is the ultimate aim this season!

I left the MadStad yesterday feeling like we'd won..

The future is looking better week by week.

..and I don't think that is blind optimism just realism!

Posted by: Ozzy3213 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 October, 2017 12:12

It's a tough one summing up yesterday really. If you get completely blown away by a better opponent you have to hold your hands up, and in fairness to Leicester they played some good stuff. I do however feel as if a lot of our wounds were at least in part self inflicted, which is what is a bit tough to take.

There was plenty of good stuff in there as well though, not least the desire to battle right to the end to get something from the game, and as importantly to remain composed enough to do it, something that has been lacking at various times this season.

I saw enough yesterday to feel that we are making improvements and if we continue to do so we will pick up enough points to stay up this year, which is our sole aim really.

Hopefully we can maintain the improvements next week, cut out some of the mistakes and pick up a win against Edinburgh.

Current Page: 3 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net