Current Page: 1 of 2
The fight back begins today
Posted by: Dermot66 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 09:26

A few wins, a few new players injecting a bit of zip into the play. We have a chance to save our season over the next few weeks.
As fans, let’s do our bit and make as much noise as we can to push the team on. We have a real chance of a win today and that will set us up nicely for the run in .
Pushing it a little here: Anyone remember when we last scored a premiership home win with a try bonus point!

Re: The fight back begins today
Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 09:41

Can’t be there today and hoping for a win, we have been very close and a win today could really be the start of a good run. Sale no mugs though

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 10:54

The biggest obstacle today will be the players themselves, if they believe they can go out and win it, they absolutely can. I don’t want to see the hard work undone like it was after the stade win.

Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 11:32

We’ll win today. Just need Chiefs to not give Worcester anything (pointswise)

Posted by: Horticbm (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 15:59

what fightback???

Posted by: Mr_Worcester (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 16:12

Quote:
PV

lol

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 17:40

Good to see you're enjoying your win by posting on here

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 19:10

Time to now give the youngsters a go.

What is the point of sending Atkins off to L Scottish when he could have been on the bench today and he would not done worse than Marshall when TBC went off.

And playing an absolute journeyman donkey like McLean in the key role of inside centre is so poorly thought out.

Our backs play is still appalling and it really must be time for Dodge to step aside....

Posted by: grumpy1960 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 19:34

To say today was a disappointing display from a professional team who are supposing to be Fighting for their Premiership servival is the biggest understatement of my 42 year’s supporting this club!

I have never thrown the “towel in” on anything I have undertaken , whether is be in my working life or playing any of my many sporting hobbies be it Rugby, Hockey or even golf

What I witnessed , sorry endured this afternoon was no more than a discrace to us the supporters , who over the last 8 Year’s or so have been feed numerous versions of a “5 Year plan ” , Wake up LI the plan isn’t or won’t ###king work if we keep playing aimless shite in a super competitive league because we are down & we played like a team who knows our time is up again

We were devoid of any attacking flair or creativity, we were left floundering on how to breakthrough a pretty inept Sale Team , ( who must have thought all their Christmases had come early with Marshall’s aimless kicking !)

One word that sums up today’s effort. PATHETIC!

Fight back? My @#$%&!!!!!!!(Sm95)

Posted by: exileray (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 19:46

today was totally@#$%&if anyone thinks any different you must be watching a different game to me.
we really need to be looking at the coaches now, something is seriously wrong

Posted by: TeflonTed (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 20:15

Quote:
GHA
Good to see you're enjoying your win by posting on here

Fair point GHA, we all have one or two. Wuss Ted.

Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 20:29

Quote:
Mr_Worcester
Quote:
PV

lol

Fair dos. Im sure you’ll remain in the mire with us tho big man

Date: 10 February, 2018 20:35

Quote:
PV
Quote:
Mr_Worcester
Quote:
PV

lol

Fair dos. Im sure you’ll remain in the mire with us tho big man

Don't feed the trolls PV, learn from your mistakes

Posted by: M51 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 21:13

Absolute disaster, Irish attacking play poor from start to finish. The Irish match report says we were edged out, "the positive spin", from where I was watching we were never in it to be edged out even when playing against 14. I find it hard to remember such aimless kicking and poor attack strategy, the forwards made a decent effort but the backs on the whole were clueless ( we have two great wingers that were never played into the game). Now looking forward to Championship rugby. LI management please get a grip and make some changes, its just awful. Ah well!! another trip to Jersey beckons.

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 21:22

Sadly have to pretty much agree. We never really looked like scoring any tries and were lucky IMO with the TMO judgements. Tough hill to climb but we ain't dead....yet.

Date: 10 February, 2018 21:25

Waltham - nothing ever changes, we are as good as dead because we need to change. What we do ain't working

Posted by: jekyll (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 23:09

We don’t have an attack coach as today showed, we didn’t have one last season either
Most of our tries last season were scored by the forwards and the present coaching team are delusional if they thought that our forwards would repeat last season performance in the Championship this season in the Premiership
Dodge was never the most inventive player in his career and it shows now

Posted by: AlecW (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 06:38

PANS posted a video on FB of ‘the nearest we got to scoring a try’ right at the end. I wasn’t at the game, but if THAT (about 12 metres away) was the closest, then sheeesh...

Wot Pte Fraser said...

Posted by: Ruckingood (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 11:02

The word on the street is that the game plan, which has seen LI scoring tries, has been changed for the Prem back to one out runners and the decision to go for goal as opposed to a scrum or a kick to the corner came from BV himself. You can see the ref telling Franco that the tee is already on (noone on the field asked for it) and as such you are kicking for goal. If this is the case, and to date it is a rumor form those directly behind the scenes, then heads should roll. Why change a game plan that was working, albeit against lesser opposition?????...

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 12:23

Dr V does seem more and more like a relic from a bygone era.

He has contribured to messing up the Italian and SA teams and seems to be doing the same to LI with his outdated ideas...

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net