Current Page: 1 of 3
Less of the positives please
Posted by: norg2072 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 17:18

I do NOT want to read another match report that concentrates on positives!

We never looked like winning today, even against 14 men.

1st half Sale must have had 80% territory and possession

Marshals kicking was awful, Fowlie seemed unable or reluctant to pass to lewington, backs are always standing still when they receive the ball, and why we kicked for 3 instead of going for the corner and the chance to make it 10-10 i just don't understand.

Arghhhhhhhhh

Re: Less of the positives please
Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 18:19

I'm told that we were forced to kick for the 3 as the Sharks captain pointed out that the tee had been brought into the pitch...ergo a decision to kick had been made. I don't have a ref link, so that is what apparently happened according to someone who does.

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 18:52

Whoeverís decision it was to kick the 3 deserves to be sacked.

We had a 5m scrum against 7 men, about the only time we had got anywhere near their tryline in the whole match.

To kick the 3 with 9 mins left, meant we still needed to score a try to win.

It was gormless, negative, craven and pathetic.

I feel sorry for the lads who gave 100% but we lacked belief and ultimately lacked the skill the keep control of the ball when needed.

Posted by: Hugo.LI (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 18:55

Certainly going to be a long end to the season now

Posted by: Aa545 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 19:50

Forwards did well I thought, backs were to static again and you couldnít tell Sale were down to 14 for the last 8mins.

On a positive note my nipper won a gnome in the half time competition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2018 20:02 by Aa545.

Posted by: The Sligo Rover (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 22:18

I thought we defended well today but never looked liked scoring a try.
Just not good enough.
I fear that this great club could just wither away and die following another relegation.
Loved the Porche in the car park today with the reg. spaced GO 11RSH, it made me smile.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 22:23

We certainly are going

Posted by: Finno (IP Logged)
Date: 10 February, 2018 22:28

Quote:
The Sligo Rover
Just not good enough.
I fear that this great club could just wither away and die following another relegation.
Loved the Porche in the car park today with the reg. spaced GO 11RSH, it made me smile.

I saw it after the last game, probably worth more than the Porsche!!

Date: 10 February, 2018 22:29

Quote:
The Sligo Rover
Just not good enough.

I saw it after the last game, probably worth more than the Porsche!!

Posted by: Horticbm (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 14:09

Womans Rugby on now beats what was witnessed yesterday..at least all 30 players on the paddock are giving their all!!!

Come on girls in green!!!!

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 16:01

Was there a womenís game at the Madjeski?

Posted by: garmin (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 19:14

Quote:
The Sligo Rover
Just not good enough.

that's not how you spell PORSCHE......and it's not how you spell @#$%& either [:wor kid:]

Posted by: Bill the chip (IP Logged)
Date: 11 February, 2018 20:44

Thanks Sligo it was meant to make rugby fans smile....
Finno rest your head..... it didnít cost more than the motor.
And to you Garmin come and see me some time , maybe we can have a chat about it

Date: 11 February, 2018 22:01

Quote:
Bill the chip
Finno rest your head..... it didnít cost more than the motor.

Phew, you got a bargain then!!

Date: 12 February, 2018 09:27

Hi finno, not sure if there is a angle here from you, unlike garmin who is just trolling.... but let me explain

Iím a chippy , whoís worked extremely hard over the years to get that motor on my 50th birthday... the plate was something I saw 18years previous but vowed to get one day... well hey ho.

I absolutely love this club, and follow them everywhere, so I decided to nail my colours to my car...... if you really wanna know the cost of the plate I will gladly buy you a Guinness at the club, mad stad or any away ground you wish , and talk if thru and the finer points of the game.

Just a last little titbit, I followed the team to every ground in the championship last season... in my van!!! This week it will be sat at Franklin gardens with me shouting the team on .. I hope it makes a few rugby fans smile, and I hope to see you there ? Cheers COYI......... GO 11RSH

Posted by: Robbers Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 09:40

I'm hoping to get to the Saints game on Saturday. If you see jim mallinder about, offer him the plates if he comes to Irish and keep us up....Please.....

Date: 12 February, 2018 09:50

Are you #praying4mallinder, RD?

Posted by: Griff (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 10:10

Quote:
norg2072
I do NOT want to read another match report that concentrates on positives!

I look forward to receiving your report via PM or email norg2072.

Here's the thing, though. I was planning to write a report but I was struggling as to how to not make it 100% negative. I don't like negative comments on here, not because I'm all happy-clappy and bleed-green, simply because I don't see the point of them. I don't know who the audience for doom-and-gloom is. It doesn't make any of us feel good and it won't make any impact on whether our team plays better. It might make the commenter him/herself feel better initially but I'm fairly sure they'll go back to misery shortly after. Anyone reading it is probably already fairly miserable and I can't see a big ole truth-bomb helping rectify that.

Now, the same can't be said of positive comments. They might make you angry if you see them as missing the point but they might just make someone struggling with our predicament feel a little bit better about it. Sure, it's almost certainly misplaced but can you really begrudge someone who had to sit through that on Saturday?

Anyway, unless you get one to me by Wednesday you'll get my usual attempt to sugar-coat the pain. You have been warned.

Date: 12 February, 2018 10:29

Bang on Griff thankyou , As a club we are all feeling the pain, and Saturday showed how low confidence is thru the club . As supporters/fans we are part of the equation , you donít have to be classed as a happy clapper just because we keep cheering for our team!!!
Most of us know exactly how dire our predicament is.... but that is exactly when your club needs you most ....... itís a good job our spitefire pilots didnít have the attitude of many on. this board ,

Date: 12 February, 2018 10:35

Maybe it's not for me to comment, as I've never offered to write a match report - but prefer a report that says 'Player A looked slow and cumbersome' or 'Player B carried a lot but didn't get many metres out of them' or 'we miss far too many tackles, are static and offer nothing in attack,' as opposed to 'Player A and Player B did OK' or 'the lads worked hard but it just wasn't to be.' More realism than happy-clappy-ism, maybe?

Just examples, not trying to infer anything.

(Sm128)

Current Page: 1 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net