Brown on the wing?
Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 17:01

Shurley shum mishtake!
Luckily Robshaw has kept his place, so it not all bad news for Brown there will be someone of similar standard

Re: Brown on the wing?
Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 17:15

Robshaw, Brown and Sinckler have all played poorly all this season both for England and Quins, and Brown and Robshaw were an acute embarrassment v the Ba-Ba's.

Even though they have 4 debutants, I reckon the Saffers must be expecting a comfortable win up on the Highveld.

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 07 June, 2018 21:20

Oh give over the pair of you! Clearly Brown has been the stand out wing this season. The likes of Wade, Lewington, Cockansiga, Rocko and Woodburn have so much to learn and there's no one better than Brown to learn from.

Date: 07 June, 2018 22:21

Oww bollix, I see what you mean Florida Brown is the man on the wing, not only that he is probably the best full back as well compaired to Goode, Daley and even Parton

Date: 07 June, 2018 22:27

Quote:
LI Bohemian
Oww bollix, I see what you mean Florida Brown is the man on the wing, not only that he is probably the best full back as well compaired to Goode, Daley and even Parton

That's right.
Or Edward of Jones actually hates Brown. Which is really the only explanation I can buy

Date: 07 June, 2018 22:39

This seems awfully complicated but I bow to your greater judgement

Date: 07 June, 2018 22:50

Quote:
LI Bohemian
This seems awfully complicated but I bow to your greater judgement

My greater judgement may be influenced by several delicious stouts, porters and black ales

Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2018 08:29

Brown wouldn’t start in any other Six Nations side - full back or wing

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2018 10:00

Quote:
PV

Disagree, his old boss would give him a game for Italy.

Posted by: tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2018 10:50

I think Jones's thought process is that potentially SA will be bombing them with High balls and their wingers are so quick there will be a lot of pressure on the back 3.

Brown is very good under a high ball...

Much like CHeika has picked Haylett-Petty (full back also renoun for his game under the high ball) on the wing. combined with Falou they will back themselves to deal with Murray's Kicking game which is pretty much what Ireland's game revolves around.

Posted by: DrV'sHairyCraic (IP Logged)
Date: 08 June, 2018 11:37

Daley's one of the biggest kickers in England. I can see why EJ would want him at FB. He's experienced there & is also good under the high ball.

Brown may not have been great at Quins this year but has been reliable on the other side of the A316. I think if Nowell was fit, He'd be in over Brown though.

Jones seems to prefer players he can trust over players in better form.

Date: 08 June, 2018 19:53

Quote:
tatthecraic2
I think Jones's thought process is that potentially SA will be bombing them with High balls and their wingers are so quick there will be a lot of pressure on the back 3.
Brown is very good under a high ball...

Much like CHeika has picked Haylett-Petty (full back also renoun for his game under the high ball) on the wing. combined with Falou they will back themselves to deal with Murray's Kicking game which is pretty much what Ireland's game revolves around.

Ireland like most teams only employ the high ball from Murray when they have possession and positioned out wide between their 22 and the halfway line, to say that the game is based on that is a serious under estimation of Ireland with their legendary pick and drive, ball retention, fantastic centre pairings, one of best fly half in the world and a set of forwards that are better than most teams in the world
My worry about Brown is he may be good under the high ball but appart from that he offers absolute zero in the rest of his game, he has not played well all this season, the last outing he got absolutely rinsed by his opposite number ( this was for England), he has no place being on the wing, class players can move positions and do a good job, Brown is a good team player but is out of form and has been all season.

Date: 09 June, 2018 07:07

Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
PV

Oh really, I thought Matteo Minozzi was Italy’s best player, wasn’t he nominated for 6N player of the tournament- scored 4 tries in 5 games for a struggling side....

Posted by: LLL (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2018 15:57

And Brown the disaster smashes through two tacklers to score a great wingers try.....

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 09 June, 2018 17:38

Quote:
PV
Quote:
Bazzo
Quote:
PV

Oh really, I thought Matteo Minozzi was Italy’s best player, wasn’t he nominated for 6N player of the tournament- scored 4 tries in 5 games for a struggling side....

Wing..... or full back !

In fairness to Mr Angry he was one of Englands better players today. Great finish for his try.

Date: 09 June, 2018 18:28

That's me eating my words, glad to be wrong, thought Brown had a good game, better than Daly.
It was closer than I expected.

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 06:01

With a little distance from the day would you keep the backs the same in Bloemfontein? Brown played well and the back line looked smoother than recently. Brown isn’t a great distributor but Daly didn’t have one of his better games so swap them for next week or persevere?

Somewhat surprised we were beaten upfront given the front rowers the Boks has to select from. Need Launchbury fit and some pace in that back row otherwise much the same I think - we don’t really have any major choices available

Date: 11 June, 2018 07:02

Stick with back line? Ha ha. Ford was anonymous in the second half and Slade hasn’t got the gas for an international outside centre.

Spencer, Cipriani, Solomona, Farrell, Lozowski, May, Daly

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net