Sale riches
Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 July, 2018 19:10

Ashton signed to go alongside several international wingers. They have yarde and Denny already. Mcquigan has got himself a spot on the Scotland team as well. They love signing backs

Re: Sale riches
Posted by: tatthecraic2 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2018 08:21

he'll probs be a fullback

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2018 08:50

I do wonder how sale can afford this.... They compete right in the middle of rugby league country and their gate receipts aren't massive. Rent a stadium like we do. When you look at the squad you've got deklerk, o'connor, yarde, solomona, ashton, strauss, webber. Only two out of that lot can be classed as outside the salary cap.

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 04 July, 2018 08:58

For a long time we were spending 1m under the salary cap so with these signings I assume we will now be getting towards the cap

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2018 07:46

Good luck to th wish we had the money. I wonder whether a Fair Play Limit like that applied in top European football would be a way forward? Expenditure is then linked to turnover - double edged sword though for clubs like Irish

Posted by: plzd (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2018 09:43

They have a rich investor - think they may well be top 4 next season

Posted by: waltham (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2018 22:57

Quote:
HMRH
Good luck to th wish we had the money. I wonder whether a Fair Play Limit like that applied in top European football would be a way forward? Expenditure is then linked to turnover - double edged sword though for clubs like Irish
I know what you mean; however as you kinda suggest, it'd work against clubs like LI who have VERY limited opportunities to drive turnover. It'd probably result in a very distinct and amplified gap between the top three/four and those at the base of the league.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net