Jersey away 3 November
Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2018 12:26

In case anyone Misses the updates in the thread

Re: Jersey away 3 November
Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2018 13:24

Was interested if the time of year was good, but will probably give it a miss, I can understand the powers that be using the game as an out of season cash cow for the island but I went last time we played there.

Posted by: tomthepom (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2018 08:49

I'm sorry you feel that way LIB. I'm not sure which 'powers that be' you're referring to, but all 'powers' were happy with Sept 15, if that day had been logistically possible. But sadly it wasn't, due to the unprecedented circumstances outlined above.

Early November shouldn't be too bad - it's hardly mid-winter and we'll screen the England v SA game 'as live' and then Ireland v Italy in the evening. I know many of you had a great time on the last visit - this trip could be even better... you might win! (Sm14)

Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2018 11:17

I did have a good time when we visited last and you were fantastic hosts, being some of the most hospitable people ive met.
I thought it was very windy then, so november will be a real leveller as far as rugby is concerned, you have every possibility of winning the game if we do not play to the conditions.
I will visit other away grounds this season, those that I missed when last in the championship. I will go to yours, maybe next season or hopefully never (for rugby reasons), that is if the game is held beginning/end of the season and it isn't moved to suit some other event.
I know that because you are an island you have unique problems as far as logistics and you have to have certain weekends away, as a supporter I would have gone on the original dates but not the new ones, due to it not being so attractive to me, but I'm sure I'm in the minority as far as my fellow travelling supporters are concerned.

Date: 07 July, 2018 13:03

All booked but means we miss Sham 69 in Reading as well as the England Bos game - oh well, all about choices

Posted by: Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2018 18:13

booking this weekend

Posted by: corporalcarrot (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2018 18:51

Quote:
tomthepom
I know many of you had a great time on the last visit - this trip could be even better... you might win! (Sm14)
I had to laugh at this one - Irish win at St Peter - flying pigs comes to mind! Have a great season lads Jersey will hope to give your lads and Ealing a decent contest.

Don't kick it pick it up and GO FORWARD

Posted by: baldursvoice (IP Logged)
Date: 28 August, 2018 23:07

flights booked and ticket paid for just need place to stay now, any of those that went last time got any advise/recommendations on hotels for the weekend and stuff to do and getting around

Posted by: Derby Irish Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2018 06:54

We are staying in the Mayfair about 10 minutes from the bus station, easiest way around is by bus can if you want get a three day ticket, last time other than some great bars went to the zoo well worth a visit.

Posted by: orsoncart (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2018 07:56

Anyone remotely interested in military history is in for a treat. The gun emplacements at Noirmont and the fantastic German underground hospital are both well worth a visit

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/08/2018 07:57 by orsoncart.

Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2018 08:36

Quote:
baldursvoice
flights booked and ticket paid for just need place to stay now, any of those that went last time got any advise/recommendations on hotels for the weekend and stuff to do and getting around

Thinking of going to the Jersey game and hopefully see us win this time. What flights are people booking and any recommendations on hotels? Probably looks like travel on 2nd and return on the 4th due to the 2PM kick off.

Date: 29 August, 2018 11:12

We stayed at the Radisson last time on the harbour - thought it was very good. Flying from LGW Friday evening with BA

Posted by: Irish 'Stoker (IP Logged)
Date: 29 August, 2018 11:53

3 staying in the Mayfair hotel, flying out Friday afternoon with Flybe from Southampton

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2018 09:03

2 more staying at the Mayfair, flying from Gatwick Friday evening

Posted by: paulm1953 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 August, 2018 12:37

Staying at the Revere. It was full of LI fans the last time we played Jersey Reds

Posted by: Beeneyman (IP Logged)
Date: 17 September, 2018 15:52

6 of us going. Flying from Southampton on the Friday and returning on Sunday. Staying at the Premier Inn in St Helier.

Anyone know of any decent pubs to frequent?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net