Team for cup competition
Posted by: Smudge21 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 12:27

A chance for some first team players to get a much needed rest, not too sure who's available with all the injuries but would love to see something like...
Elrington
Atkins
Lovejoy
De chaves
Collingridge
Cooke
Northcote green
Curtis-harris

Brand
Atkins
Hassle Collins
Brophy-Clews
Williams
Nalaga
Tonks

Faingaa
Hay
Saulo
Donnell
Gilsenan
Steele
Knight

Re: Team for cup competition
Posted by: Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 15:19

Brophy-Clews is injured and Saolo added nothing yesterday.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 15:42

Saulo will surely play the cup games though. Not going to risk Hoskins or Cilliers.

Will be interesting to see if we have enough bodies (in the backs especially) to fill a 22 for this, or if we get a few short term signings in. Did O'Hagan pick up a contract somewhere in the end? Looked okay in the Leicester game I saw, so may be an option.

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 16:35

Quote:
Margin_Walker
Saulo will surely play the cup games though. Not going to risk Hoskins or Cilliers.
Will be interesting to see if we have enough bodies (in the backs especially) to fill a 22 for this, or if we get a few short term signings in. Did O'Hagan pick up a contract somewhere in the end? Looked okay in the Leicester game I saw, so may be an option.

Saulo will be linking up with Fiji, so not sure we'll see much of him.

Date: 04 November, 2018 16:38

Had forgotten about saulo being off with Fiji, baker to step up from the academy then

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 16:50

Yep, forgot about that too. They must be really short at th.

Baker seems to be getting plenty of game time for the Geese, so hopefully gets a shot here.

Date: 04 November, 2018 17:12

Not sure if it's a misprint but the website states that baker is 138kg!

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 17:39

Get some pace in the backs and see whether they can give us a bit of a Plan B.

Posted by: Ecksile (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 18:21

Quote:
SirBurger

Got a lot of respect for you SB, but isn't the problem that we have no backs? Or at least none that are injury free.
It's been blatantly apparent that we are without a decent set of backs from the last, what, 3,4,5 games. Surely we should have been looking for some short term signings / loans some time ago.

Or am I missing something?

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 19:57

Quote:
Ecksile
Quote:
SirBurger

Got a lot of respect for you SB, but isn't the problem that we have no backs? Or at least none that are injury free.
It's been blatantly apparent that we are without a decent set of backs from the last, what, 3,4,5 games. Surely we should have been looking for some short term signings / loans some time ago.

Or am I missing something?

I guess the problem is we don't know who is fit or what goes on behind closed doors. I am a pretty big fan of Fowlie who had a good season last year but it isn't clear if he is injured or out of favour. Nalaga's fitness status is also unclear.

What is clear to me is that if we do go up we will need a few good signings in the forwards, but a lot of new blood in the backs. A decent backs coach wouldn't go amiss either.

Date: 04 November, 2018 20:06

Fowlie didn't play at all in pre season which strongly suggests an injury, also he played pretty much every game when kidney and kiss took over in March so must be rated highly.
We need a couple of big ball carriers for next year and 3 or 4 quick backs as topsy, McLean etc won't cut it next year
It's a shame we're never going to know how much damage a full strength backline would of done in this league
Meehan
Myler
Nalaga
Mulchrone
Fowlie
Loader
Parton
Now that could of been fun!

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 20:36

Scott Steele should start at 9. I would have him ahead of Meehan and only assumed he was starting to cover 10 as well.

Donít think they will rest all the front liners as its too long between the championship games to rest and we want to make sure of a win after that game in jersey.

Posted by: paddym (IP Logged)
Date: 04 November, 2018 21:05

Ben Atkins suspected dislocated shoulder yesterday coming off the bench for Geese.

Date: 04 November, 2018 21:06

So it's going to have to be 2 of our first choice hookers

Posted by: Fursa (IP Logged)
Date: 05 November, 2018 11:09

Theo was not playing because of the concussion protocol. He was also concussed twice last season and said he hopes to get a runout in some of the cup games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net