Current Page: 1 of 2
New FH signing - Alivereti Veitokani
Posted by: ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 02:46

I've heard that we may be signing Alivereti Veitokani, the Fijian Drua FH who won the domestic Australian competition this year. He seems to have had a pretty decent season: [www.rugby.com.au].

Of course the low level & ringfenced NRC is quite different to the Premiership, but could be a good value signing.

Re: New FH signing - Alivereti Veitokani
Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 06:45

Would be a decent punt if true. Was apparently on the verge of signing a Super Rugby contract with the Reds before that was blocked by Rugby Australia as he wasn't Oz qualified.

Sounds like he had a cracking season and was on the bench for Fiji's win against France the other week.

Edit - Little more info following him winning that rising star award

[www.rugby.com.au]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2018 07:09 by Margin_Walker.

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 07:52

He's one of the NRCs players player finalists.

"He was outstanding, and his ability to create something out of nothing, mesmerise the opposition defence, break through contact and keep the ball alive was unbelievable. He's a really dangerous player and somebody who you would imagine will have a long future in the 10 or 15 jersey for Fiji." Stephen Hoiles, FOX Sports Commentator

Not your typical 10, but would certainly bring an extra dimension to our play.

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 08:27

Would be good but not sure hes that well suited to our current game plan. Will be interesting to see what happens with this one.

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 08:31

Quote:
SirBurger
Would be good but not sure hes that well suited to our current game plan. Will be interesting to see what happens with this one.

Yep, he's definitely not at the moment. Hopefully they are looking to play a little more expansively in the second half of the season. Could be an attacking option at 15 with Parton out too.

We'll see.

Date: 03 December, 2018 08:50

Quote:
SirBurger

Our backs game plan seems to be "just defend and jog up and down a bit lads. Maybe, just maybe you'll get the ball off the back of a 5m line out, so stay sharp when we're in that area."

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 10:31

Myler to put us in the right places and get the score board ticking over and this guy (if he joins) to come on and cut loose against tired legs.

Next season they could swap around (MYler being 34? by then) attack as much in the first half then myler to close games out for us.

Lets face it we NEED another 10. If Myler goes down we're screwed. Theo is a 12 imo, atkins still too raw to play week in week out. We also NEED someone who can offer something a bit different.

If it comes off lets hope he can bring his form with him.

Posted by: Smudge21 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 11:12

Could this be an indication that theo may not return after suffering what seems like multiple head knocks in a short space of time

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 11:32

Quote:
Smudge21
Could this be an indication that theo may not return after suffering what seems like multiple head knocks in a short space of time

I thought that, hopefully wrong. I was hoping that with the new 12 and now 10, theyre getting guys in earlier to get to them bedded in to the squad so there isnt as much change if we get promoted. Potentially there will be a sizeable clear out at the end of the season so need recruits. I imagine Bell and Tonks are our of contract at the end of the season. With Brophy-Clews potentially out theres three fly halves gone

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 13:04

Please please please

Posted by: Ajax Treesdown (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 15:09

Quote:
SirBurger

Haha - I've heard Sonny Bill might be available - but again he wouldn't be suited to our current game plan.

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 15:17

Quote:
Ajax Treesdown
Quote:
SirBurger

Haha - I've heard Sonny Bill might be available - but again he wouldn't be suited to our current game plan.

To be clear I was not saying I wouldn't want him to come, more that I would be surprised if we were in for him as he doesn't really seem like a Kidney signing.

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 15:20

Injuries - still no Franco, Coman, Ioane and possibly Nalaga , Stephenson, Macken, Bell is long term otherwise do we have anyone else returning (or otherwise)

Assume we have internationals back available this weekend after some rests so also some more to choose from? Campbell, Paulo etc.

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 15:27

Twomey still hasn't featured yet either.

Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 15:44

So much so I forgot him! Were not short of locks at the moment so not missing FVDM and Twey as much as we might

Posted by: Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 19:16

Quote:
HMRH
Injuries - still no Franco, Coman, Ioane and possibly Nalaga , Stephenson, Macken, Bell is long term otherwise do we have anyone else returning (or otherwise)
Assume we have internationals back available this weekend after some rests so also some more to choose from? Campbell, Paulo etc.

Bell said hes hoping for a return in January.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 03 December, 2018 19:29

Stevenson was warming training at Bedford Saturday, I think

Date: 03 December, 2018 19:34

Quote:
LI Bohemian

Who winking smiley

Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 04 December, 2018 07:56

Quote:
Florida
Quote:
LI Bohemian

Who winking smiley

Sorry no excuses, because dyslexia wasn't invented when I was at school.

Date: 04 December, 2018 08:00

Quote:
LI Bohemian
Quote:
Florida
Quote:
LI Bohemian

Who winking smiley

Sorry no excuses, because dyslexia wasn't invented when I was at school.

Wasn't critiquing your spelling, simply meant it's been so long since we saw him and we'd seen so little of him

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net