Current Page: 1 of 2
Fowlie to LSFC on loan
Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 11:25

Loan rather than joining and good that he'll get some game time.

We still feel short at wing but I suppose with all centres fit TF won't get a look in.

Looking forward to seeing team announcement and hope a few players back - TJ for starters and do we dare plunge the 2 new players into the team?

Re: Fowlie to LSFC on loan
Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 11:28

Hope he gets some decent gametime at LS.

He's an odd one. Has all the tools, but it's never quite happened for him. Was getting some decent gametime at the end of last season, but has obviously drifted down the pecking order this season.

May be just me, but he sometimes looks like he lacks a bit of confidence on the pitch

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 11:38

Agree on confidence MW. Like you say, it is a shame, as based on raw materials I would have him towards the top of the pile in the centre and also feel he could do a better job on the wing than some of the players that have been used there this season. Can't help but feel this will be his last season in a green shirt. My worry is that he will push onto better things at another club and it could come back to haunt us.

Posted by: bigbitty (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 11:56

For a while I couldn't work out what LSFC was:

Lisa Simpson Fan Club?
Luton Sixth Form College?

Don't worry, I've got it now!

Posted by: Marbo (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:00

I like Fowlie a lot and feel he's added great excitement to games his been involved in the past. I hope he gets loads of playing time at Scottish and comes back to us. But I agree with above I think this will be his last year in green and he will come back to haunt us. He just doesn't seem to fit with Kiss and Kidney's plans they want size at centre (I think Fowlie's best position is outside centre). Why couldn't Fowlie play in a similar role for us like Nick Tompkins at Saracens at the moment? - very similar players in build and playing style.

Personally I'm getting a little nervous about Kiss and Kidney now they are being very conservative with their team selection. Don't get me wrong I love winning games but I don't feel enough trust is being placed in our lads from the academy. I believe this season we could see a lot of young talent go due to a lack of playing time or lack of faith in the plans of Kiss or Kidney. Sunday is a big game for team selection in my opinion that bench needs to be full of our academy boys who need game time if they are going to perform for us in the Prem next season - Loader, Brand, Atkins and Cooke all need more minutes for their development.

Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:02

I agree that current selection (both in playing-style and age profile of the players ) seems conservative. However, there must be a plan to gradually evolve this side over time. If you look at the players we have either signed this year, or have been linked to (the two Fijians, Mafi and Rona), they all like to play a high-tempo game with lots of offloading. It would seem odd to bring in these players, particularly at the money being suggested in Mafi's case, only to make them play a game plan which doesn't suit their skillsets.

Posted by: Narbia (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:06

I thought Fowlie was coming into his stride last season.

LSFC do lose a fair number of players to other bigger clubs. I'd expect Fowlie to find himself a berth elsewhere in that same vein.

Best of luck to him. thumbs down

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 12:08 by Narbia.

Date: 10 January, 2019 12:13

Brand's not going anywhere. At least not next season

Marbo - Sure I've had this conversation on here before, but Fowlie really isn't a small centre

Posted by: Narbia (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:31

Quote:
Margin_Walker

Anyone who has ambitions of playing in an England shirt at senior level has to be playing in a Premiership club.

I'm not assuming promotion is guaranteed.

I'm not a robot : reCAPTCHA

Date: 10 January, 2019 13:33

Quote:
Narbia
Quote:
Margin_Walker

Anyone who has ambitions of playing in an England shirt at senior level has to be playing in a Premiership club.

I'm not assuming promotion is guaranteed.

Yeah, fair point

Fowlie starting on the wing for Scottish tomorrow

Posted by: Smudge21 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 14:24

Thought fowlie was one of our better backs last year. Really hope it works out for him as I'm a big fan

Posted by: Steelman (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 17:38

Of course we have signed a few centres this year,so coaches pick means that Tom was dropping down the pecking order. Like everyone else I think he took advantage of his opportunities last year and a fine player is developing.And I always love players who are fit and ready to go each week,tough game but we,ve had a few lemons (Sm54)

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 19:26

A decent loan period might be what he needs but it wonít matter if his contract is up at the end of the year. If he has a good spell at Scottish it wonít be in front of our coaches. I think he can come good but he needs a run of games which didnít come until the end of last season. Iím not a fan of the lack of faith the two Ks have in our younger players.

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 19:29

I also think heís suffered as a result of us not having a proper ten for a few years. How can an attacking back player impress when they get no good ball

Posted by: Bazzo (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 21:07

Always has just shown glimpses without being a consistent top performer. I would say that Matt Williams looks like progressing more. Ferg has been the most consistent for me but staying fit is an issue for all our centres. Not convinced that Stephenson, Campbell or Macken are Premiership class. Johnny Williams was a real loss. Itís an area that needs strengthening if we go up

Posted by: Smudge21 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 22:04

Matt williams certainly seems to have leap frogged fowlie in the pecking order over recent weeks

Posted by: Jamiepep1 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 08:48

Having just handed out 7 contracts to academy players and explicitly saying they want to build a team around homegrown talent, can we really be disappointed in the lack of faith the two Ks have in our youngsters?

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2019 10:39

Williams seems to have more pace and guile than Fowlie.

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2019 01:14

Hopefully Fowlie can help LS do a job on Ealing smiling smiley

Date: 19 January, 2019 15:51

LS with a slim (12-14) lead at half time. Ealing seem to have most of the ball though, so will be tough for them to hang on in the second half.

Palf went off injured in the opening minutes.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net