Good News
Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:02

This has cheered me up today

[www.london-irish.com]

Quote:
Director of Rugby Declan Kidney said that he was delighted that seven of London Irish’s brightest young talents had put pen to paper on new contracts to stay at the club.
Jacob Atkins, Rory Brand, Isaac Curtis-Harris, Ollie Hassell-Collins, Ben Loader, Tom Parton and Matt Williams have all featured in the club’s first team in both the Championship and Championship Cup this season.

Cooke probably the notable absence there among the 3rd year academy contingent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 12:04 by Margin_Walker.

Re: Good News
Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:12

Very good news. The cynic in me wonders what bad news this is pre-empting...

Date: 10 January, 2019 12:18

Quote:
SirBurger
Very good news. The cynic in me wonders what bad news this is pre-empting...

Yeah, we'll see. No lengths etc as usual.

Parton, Brand, Williams, Curtis-Harris and Atkins will be on senior contracts with these extensions.

Guess we are taking it to mean that Hassell-Collins and Loader will be on too.

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 12:45

Excellent news.

Anyone else think Brand should get more first XV action?

Posted by: Florida (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 13:00

While this is theoretically great news, contracts now mean nothing to me. Last year we had Joe and Williams sign contracts, neither of which are now with us. I'd hope there's no relegation clauses in this, but given our history I wouldn't count on it.

Posted by: Smudge21 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2019 13:29

Great news to have them at our disposal next year and hopefully for many years after that!

Date: 10 January, 2019 13:31

Quote:
Florida
While this is theoretically great news, contracts now mean nothing to me. Last year we had Joe and Williams sign contracts, neither of which are now with us. I'd hope there's no relegation clauses in this, but given our history I wouldn't count on it.

There will likely be relegation clauses. But it at least they'll definitely be here next season (assuming we go up...). We then need to either avoid relegation or pray for ring-fencing.

Fear would always have been that the likes of Parton (less likely with his injury) and Loader would leave this summer if they got an offer from a decent club

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2019 13:34 by Margin_Walker.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net