Current Page: 13 of 36
Re: 10 new signings to be announced
Posted by: SirBurger (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2019 19:25

Quote:
norg2072
Some chat at Hazelwood implies mafi may not be over!

That would be great news. Really rate him.

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 20 February, 2019 20:03

That would be good if true. His versatility, impact and experience would be really useful

Posted by: Heaf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2019 15:10

Given where Falcons are after this weekend's results I wonder if Johnny had a relegation clause in his contract and assuming we go up whether we could see him back with us?

Posted by: smithy75 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2019 15:23

Quote:
Heaf
Given where Falcons are after this weekend's results I wonder if Johnny had a relegation clause in his contract and assuming we go up whether we could see him back with us?
To be honest really donít think we need him, Hepetema and Stephenson are forming a really good partnership in the centre and we also have Macken and Matt Williams

Posted by: Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2019 16:19

Quote:
smithy75
Quote:
Heaf
To be honest really donít think we need him, Hepetema and Stephenson are forming a really good partnership in the centre and we also have Macken and Matt Williams

Totally agree, Johnny can rot in the Championship.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Posted by: Margin_Walker (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2019 16:27

Charming.

Posted by: TSW22 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2019 16:56

Helíll end up at Bath

Posted by: Heaf (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2019 17:01

Probably

Posted by: Greenboots (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2019 17:08

I'd take Williams back in a heart beat. Fear the route to Bath may have just taken a bit of a detour though before reaching the final destination

Posted by: Marbo (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2019 17:08

I agree with Greenboots above I would love to see Williams back in an Irish shirt. But I recon if Newcastle go down there will be a lot of competition to sign him as his name is a lot more trendy to be talked about then when he played for us.

Pure speculation no information or inside scope but I was think if Manu signs for Racing maybe leicester will try and get Williams to sign for them. As a long term replacement at centre. Would prefer him with us but can't see him playing the Championship he's too good and has real England ambitions or any of the other home nations he qualifies for. I wouldn't rule out him changing league and joining the Pro14.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2019 17:34

Anyone got any idea what Newcastle fans think of his performances this season?

Date: 25 February, 2019 17:43

Quote:
GHA
Anyone got any idea what Newcastle fans think of his performances this season?

Not sure, but the impression I have got is that he has been very good when fit. Same old story of him missing large chunks through injury.

Posted by: Lazyboy346 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2019 17:45

Seems to have been well regarded at Newcastle. He was in good form at the start then got broken again which, along with a few other key injuries, has seen them go from being close to winning key games to being close to cut adrift.

I'd consider having him back but I think we've got a decent squad lined up for next year and we may not have the money/space for him. He's also fighting Hepetema and Stephenson for a similar role and I'm not sure if he would be the first choice of those.

Posted by: smithy75 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2019 17:50

speaking to him last season he suffers from vertigo and that's why he misses large chunks of games

Posted by: ExiledChameleon (IP Logged)
Date: 08 March, 2019 23:06

Any more rumours? I see that Naholo is still awfully interested in liking posts on how the Brentford stadium is coming along on Instagram.

Posted by: Exile_Dave (IP Logged)
Date: 16 March, 2019 18:39

[www.rugbypass.com]

Bottom of this article basically says Naholo is a done deal.

I'd rather be a Paddy then a Quin!!

C'mon the boys in Green!!

Posted by: jimbo800 (IP Logged)
Date: 02 April, 2019 21:27

Good article in the Irish Times about the fortunes of Olding and Jackson in France. Olding is doing very well whereas Jackson hasnít had much success. Olding has actually moved to 10 since he went over there.
More interesting is that Jackson stated in a March interview that he is still talking to as many as four clubs, one of them being Irish. He hasnít come to a decision yet about where he will go.

Posted by: bigbitty (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 12:26

In that case we should immediately put the pressure on Keatley to stay, and give Jackson a miss if he is so reluctant to commit.

Date: 03 April, 2019 12:34

What Jackson is saying in public and what has happened behind closed doors are two different things. He answered a question with a straight bat. That doesn't mean he is 'reluctant' to commit.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 03 April, 2019 13:04

I thought Jackson's club weren't having much success but he himself was doing well? I see he's 12th on the list of points scorers...

Current Page: 13 of 36
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net