[samrobertsrugby.com]

Re: Remorse, forgiveness & redemption
Posted by: HMRH (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 14:53

Good article

Posted by: PV (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 15:58

Indeed, so many people and organisations leaping onto sanctimonious white horses. Rather sickly

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 16:05

Pretty amusing an alcoholic drinks company sanctimoniously virtue signalling about having 'values'...

Much harm in society (including folks getting drunk so they lose all control of themselves on nights out in Belfast) can directly be laid at the door of the likes of Diageo...

Posted by: Conorbay (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 16:43

Quote:
Shawshank
Pretty amusing an alcoholic drinks company sanctimoniously virtue signalling about having 'values'...
Much harm in society (including folks getting drunk so they lose all control of themselves on nights out in Belfast) can directly be laid at the door of the likes of Diageo...

People need to be responsible and accountable for their own actions. Diageo, just like all alcoholic drinks CO.ís, are obligated to educate and improve understanding of the dangers but ultimately it is down to the individual

Posted by: Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 16:51

Sam has it spot on you can only help people who want to be helped, and accept that there actions were out of character which i believe Paddy has done.All large companies will always say one thing but mean another when it comes to sponsorship so i think we will have to wait and see.

Posted by: plzd (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 20:09

I think the big question is how many potential sponsors have or will think no thanks not sure what benefits sponsors actually get back from the money they spend so I guess they will be very risk averse also how many other will not renew at the end of their deal no sponsor is short of clubs or companies happy to take their money

Posted by: aah Bisto (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2019 21:22

Great article and highlights the paradigm shift in power thatís very much in evidence since the PJ announcement.

Religion, business and sport, especially in our case, rugby principles are now trumped by the social media mob who seem to have the hex on these historical institutions who seem to be unwilling to stand up to or against it. I cannot understand why there hasnít been a senior church official defending Folau for example seeing as he is conveying their message, they just seem to be meekly accepting this tide.

Should Diageo go down this route itís confirmation to me of the new world order and it makes me very uneasy.

Date: 12 June, 2019 08:03

Diageo and CC - rank hypocrisy.

One extorts the vulnerable, the other drowns their sorrows until more extortion is needed to pay for more drowning of sorrows.

As an aside, Nike seem to be back in with Tiger....

Posted by: LI Bohemian (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 09:26

Quote:
aah Bisto
Great article and highlights the paradigm shift in power thatís very much in evidence since the PJ announcement.
Religion, business and sport, especially in our case, rugby principles are now trumped by the social media mob who seem to have the hex on these historical institutions who seem to be unwilling to stand up to or against it. I cannot understand why there hasnít been a senior church official defending Folau for example seeing as he is conveying their message, they just seem to be meekly accepting this tide.

Should Diageo go down this route itís confirmation to me of the new world order and it makes me very uneasy.

This new world order is here already,we have Donald,Boris, Nigel and Jeremy

Posted by: Conorbay (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 09:48

Quote:
PV
One extorts the vulnerable, the other drowns their sorrows until more extortion is needed to pay for more drowning of sorrows.

It took a while but Woods eventually came to terms with the gravity of his mistakes and showed genuine remorse. He worked hard to get himself back on track as a human being and sportsman. Nearly ten years on he has found a different place in many hearts.

To use a customer service analogy people always remember how you handle the mistake rather than the mistake itself.

Posted by: GHA (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2019 09:51

Is anyone considering how hard Paddy Jackson worked while he was at Perpignan? Or given him a chance to show how hard he can work with us?

Date: 12 June, 2019 11:43

Quote:
Conorbay
Quote:
PV

It took a while but Woods eventually came to terms with the gravity of his mistakes and showed genuine remorse. He worked hard to get himself back on track as a human being and sportsman. Nearly ten years on he has found a different place in many hearts.

To use a customer service analogy people always remember how you handle the mistake rather than the mistake itself.

Just goes to show that forgiving is positive and possible and that brands are very fickle

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2019 14:27

I expect Paddy Jackson will be elevated to sainthood soon won't he?

Posted by: Lincs-Exile (IP Logged)
Date: 16 June, 2019 14:54

You see Simon that's the reason why trying to help someone rebuild their lives after a bad mistake on there part is so difficult when you have perfect people like yourself who have never made a mistake in their lives who will constantly make stupid remark like that,i assume that your a Bath supporter ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net