Current Page: 1 of 6
Lions announcement
Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:08

Backs

Biggar, Daley, Davies, Farrell, Halfpenny, Henshaw, Hogg, Joseph, Murray, North, Knowle, Payne, Sexton, Seymour, Te'o, Watson, Webb, Williams, Youngs

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:10

Joseph going. Lots of trolling.

Payne!

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:11

No Robshaw eye rolling smiley

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:12

Rory Best, Dan Cole, Taulupe Faletau, Tadhg Furlong, Jamie George, Iain Henderson, Maro Itoje, Alun Wyn Jones, George Kruis, Courtney Lawes, Joe Marler, Jack McGrath, Ross Moriarty, Sean O’Brien, Peter O’Mahony, Ken Owens, Kyle Sinckler, CJ Stander, Justin Tipuric, Mako Vunipola, Billy Vunipola, Sam Warburton (captain).

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:14

Congrats to Kyle and Joe. Cannot believe that Moriarty, SOB, POM, Henderson and Warburton are all preferred to Robshaw. He and Launchbury can be rightly disgusted.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:14

Blucher - you won't have to finish that sausage now...

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: DazzaS (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:17

I'm not excited with the tour now I have seen the squad.Looking forward to the England tour though

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Dave L (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:19

Congrats to Kyle and Joe! Mostly good but some stinkers in there as well.

AWJ? Yesterday's man if ever there was one. Launchbury and Jonny Gray can feel suitably hacked off. Halfpenny? Behave. Henderson picked based on the England game of course!

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: harlequinade (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:19

Robshaw missing out is a travesty!



In theory, there should be no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is!

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:24

And much as Brown wasn't expected to travel, having Payne in ahead of him is pretty hilarious too.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: dancing quin (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:24

Where is the spark and creativity in that squad to beat the AB's twice in 3 games on their own patch?? To pick 2 run-of-the-mill players like Biggar and Farrell but not Finn Russell shows you the way the Lions will play. I'm not that surprised though, when you pick two dull coaches like Borthwick and Farrell Snr they will always pick the Orcs. And to omit Launchbury and Robshaw is laughable. 3-0 whitewash for the AB's.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Dave L (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:26

Quote:
dancing quin
Where is the spark and creativity in that squad to beat the AB's twice in 3 games on their own patch?? To pick 2 run-of-the-mill players like Biggar and Farrell but not Finn Russell shows you the way the Lions will play. I'm not that surprised though, when you pick two dull coaches like Borthwick and Farrell Snr they will always pick the Orcs. And to omit Launchbury and Robshaw is laughable. 3-0 whitewash for the AB's.

I see what you mean but Farrell isn't a run of the mill player, nor any evidence that Borthwick is a dull coach. Agree with the rest though.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Quinoids (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 12:52

Farrell is anything but run of the mill - and to say that about a Saracens player makes me writhe!

Cannot understand how Launchbury and Robshaw aren't there. Excited to see us thown the Sink at them.....

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: thomh (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:11

I find Biggar over Ford very strange, if only because getting the team to gel at short notice will be a huge challenge, and Ford and Farrell are a proven familiar partnership to go with if other options in the backline aren't really working.

It's not a horrible squad but there are a few exceptional players who have missed out to old favourites. I also can't imagine Scotland fans will be feeling too positive about the whole thing.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Adi Nako (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:15

Warburton as captain is almost as ridiculous as the Walesconfused smileycotland ratio.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:32

12 welsh (29%)
2 Scots (5%)
16 English (39%)
11 Irish (27%)

Does this feel like a fair mix on the last 2 years? Not to me.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: NicoWilson (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:40

Quote:
Banstead Quin
12 welsh (29%)
2 Scots (5%)
16 English (39%)
11 Irish (27%)

Does this feel like a fair mix on the last 2 years? Not to me.

Some obvious disparity here:

England - 16 players - winners of 6 Nations + ranked 2nd in the world
Wales - 12 players - 5th place in 6 Nations + ranked 8th in the world
Ireland - 11 players - 2nd place in 6 Nations + ranked 4th in the world
Scotland - 2 players - 4th place in 6 Nations + ranked 5th in the world

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:50

Nice addition Nico.

I'm sure it's not about that though, it's more about bonding as a team and you can only do that if you have a welsh buddy!!!!!

We'll have to wait and see who is on the reserve list I suppose and see if the balance get's re-dressed then.

Robshaw, Launch, Brown, Gray the elder, Ford, Maitland, Visser, The Scottish prop who's been injured, Laidlaw, etc

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:52

Hmmm, he was never going but gutted for Robshaw. Really should be involved. Misses out due to decision making as captain for England, rather than his playing ability over the last 8 years.

Launcbury missing out while Henderson goes is pretty stupid.

No problem with Hartley missing out.

Brown was never likely to go as he doesn't offer back 3 versatility, and if he was in the mix then Friday night will not have helped, but he should be ahead of Halfpenny.

Very pleased that the no JJ, Roberts in rumours were nonsense.

Moriarty a surprise but deserved, but should be there ahead of Faletau.

Payne is bizarre. Biggar is one for the boys.

Probably should be more Scots, but they still can't win the big games, just don't have the mentality. Also, the players would never believe they could beat the All Blacks. Then again only the Irish and English ones probably do believe that. I wonder if Gatland does.

Re: Lions announcement
Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 19 April, 2017 13:55

Quote:
T-Bone
Hmmm, he was never going but gutted for Robshaw. Really should be involved. Misses out due to decision making as captain for England, rather than his playing ability over the last 8 years.
Launcbury missing out while Henderson goes is pretty stupid.

No problem with Hartley missing out.

Brown was never likely to go as he doesn't offer back 3 versatility, and if he was in the mix then Friday night will not have helped, but he should be ahead of Halfpenny.

Very pleased that the no JJ, Roberts in rumours were nonsense.

Moriarty a surprise but deserved, but should be there ahead of Faletau.

Payne is bizarre. Biggar is one for the boys.

Probably should be more Scots, but they still can't win the big games, just don't have the mentality. Also, the players would never believe they could beat the All Blacks. Then again only the Irish and English ones probably do believe that. I wonder if Gatland does.

Agree 100% with all of this.

Current Page: 1 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net