Current Page: 1 of 4
Francis Saili
Posted by: Ayerza wannabe (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 13:46

Sounds like you are leading the chase for him.

[www.independent.ie]

Re: Francis Saili
Posted by: Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 13:51

Quote:
Irish Independent
...several English clubs are interested in signing the All Black centre but Harlequins lead the chase for Saili who is out of contract at the end of the season. Harlequins are keen to find a replacement for Welsh international Jamie Roberts as he is likely to leave the Premiership side next month.
[www.independent.ie]

Posted by: Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 13:53

Not bad, if true!

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 13:54

Would be an incredible signing. He's the nuts.

Date: 06 May, 2017 14:14

A final crisis!

Posted by: joebe99 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 14:49

[youtu.be]

Nice

Posted by: Almost quin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 15:31

Umm I'm pretty sure Roberts has said he is with us for next season so not sure where they get that he is leavng next month

Posted by: Adi Nako (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 16:37

Quote:
Almost quin
Umm I'm pretty sure Roberts has said he is with us for next season so not sure where they get that he is leavng next month

He may be under contract, but it wouldn't be the first time someone's said they're hanging around to subsequently leave.

Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 16:53

Roberts has only pulled his finger out when the question of his staying next season came up. Either he needs to convince us to keep him or convince his next club to buy him.

Posted by: Scrumhead (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 16:56

We need centres regardless of whether Roberts stays or not. I'd be very happy with Saili. He'd suit us well and, at 26, his best years could be to come.

Date: 06 May, 2017 18:47

I hate to say it, but may have more to do with Lowe/Sloan's availability than Roberts',if it happens...

Posted by: Quins4life (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 19:20

Roberts seemingly confirming on twitter he'll be playing his rugby at the stoop next season....

[twitter.com]

"Celebrating a loss is weird....@ChampionsCup rugby next season with the @Harlequins Brothers....stoked"

Date: 06 May, 2017 19:22

Saw the Twitter post on the wrap up on BT1 - hopefully he can finish off with Quins in style.

Date: 06 May, 2017 20:45

Yes as said before not sure where this he is leaving in a month has come from as he has stated several times now he expects to be at Quins next season.
I do wonder if we may have to face a hard truth about Lowe and realise he is never going to be a regular player also not sure about Sloan with his injury

Date: 06 May, 2017 21:37

How good is Francis as Munster had their 12 and 13 in the pro team of the year and he was neither

Posted by: Quins4life (IP Logged)
Date: 06 May, 2017 21:39

Quote:
Almost quin
How good is Francis as Munster had their 12 and 13 in the pro team of the year and he was neither

I believe he has only recently come back from a serious long-term injury so has only been playing in the latter half of the season

Posted by: Scrumhead (IP Logged)
Date: 07 May, 2017 10:12

Quote:
Quins4life
Quote:
Almost quin

I believe he has only recently come back from a serious long-term injury so has only been playing in the latter half of the season

This. He was injured for a while and Taute and Scannell were playing too well to justify being dropped. When he has played he's looked good. He scored a great try vs. Ulster a few weeks back.

He's good enough to have been capped by the ABs so that's good enough for me. I hope it comes off. It's a strange feeling to be excited about a possible signing!

Posted by: Monte (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 06:21

More on Saili joining us this morning in TRP by Fissler and that Jamie Roberts is reviewing his options and likely to be returning to Wales. Also Mark Reddish maybe returning to Oz.
Quotes sources from the Stoop we clearly have a leak!

Posted by: Samquin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 08:38

What has gone wrong with Reddish?

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 14 May, 2017 08:41

Guessing his concussion must be bad. The article states he is thinking about calling it a day

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net