O/T Falcons vs Saracens next season is in the USA
Posted by: Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 17:37

On their Offy....

So, they've picked the short straw this season to lose a home game to the USA, after London Irish having it first last season. I hope we don't end up getting picked in the future. We already do a lot to promote the game in the US, and I'd hate to lose a game where we seem to be able to beat the best team in Europe.

The Falcons fans are as unhappy about this as the Not Not fans were in 2015. The same complaints are cropping up as last time, such as feeling betrayed and hoodwinked into paying for Season Tickets assuming they had 11 home AP games.

Re: O/T Falcons vs Saracens next season is in the USA
Posted by: Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 17:52

Common denominator is Sarries - why are they not the "home" team?

The Americans will have an amusing time with the Geordie accent - or, rather, the Geordies will have an amusing time watching the Americans struggle with their NE brogue...

Re: O/T Falcons vs Saracens next season is in the USA
Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2017 22:33

Can you imagine finding you're the home team in the Double Header after signing up for Quins without them mentioning losing that game from the......oh hold on

I'd rather pay to fly to America than attend the shamble of guano at HQ again

That said, this is really early given the tiny fan base isn't it?

It took them decades to bring the NFL regular season games here and people come from all over Europe to go to them - more than one million try to get tickets they reckon

Even so I always assume it must anger the NFL fans that their teams vanish across the Atlantic.

*actually i note they will compensate ST holders for loss of game - we should get the same for the DH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/05/2017 22:36 by blucherquin.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net