Falcons v Sarries in the US
Posted by: akb1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 10:33

[www.bbc.com]

Newcastle Falcons will hold next season's 'home' Premiership game against Saracens in Philadelphia.

The match will be held on 16 September, at MLS side Philadelphia Union's 18,500-capacity Talen Energy Stadium.

Saracens were involved in the first Premiership fixture played in the USA, beating London Irish 26-16 at New York's Red Bull Stadium in March 2016.

"This is an exciting opportunity which is commercially very good," Falcons managing director Mick Hogan said.

"We are excited and honoured that Newcastle Falcons will represent the Premiership in what is going to be rugby's next huge market."

Re: Falcons v Sarries in the US
Posted by: Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 10:41

We'll see more and more of this although I'm not quite sure what affiliation Newcastle has with Philadelphia?

London Irish in Boston, New York or Chicago makes sense and an Italy v Ireland game in the 6N but other than that?

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 11:08

I believe the correct response is "Do keep up 007"

Posted by: PQ2 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 13:41

Ahem: -Philadelphia = " the city of brotherly love". Or I'll nut yer one. Why-aye.

-Or could it be both cities' respective histories in the coal industry..?

[-Or could it be they found a right-sized stadium that wasn't too pricey..?]

(Sm115)

Posted by: Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 14:05

Sorry T-Bone, your intelligent use of wit is clearly far too clever for my simple brain!

But PQ2, does that mean the ladies of Philly will be going out in short black and white stripped mini-dresses?

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 14:55

Quote:
Banstead Quin
Sorry T-Bone, your intelligent use of wit is clearly far too clever for my simple brain!
But PQ2, does that mean the ladies of Philly will be going out in short black and white stripped mini-dresses?

Means there is already a thread on this further down. Only in jest of course in case anyone think I'm being obnoxious!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/05/2017 14:56 by T-Bone.

Posted by: akb1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2017 16:03

Quote:
T-Bone
Quote:
Banstead Quin

Means there is already a thread on this further down. Only in jest of course in case anyone think I'm being obnoxious!
Apologies T-Bone I did look to see if there was already a thread on the subject but I clearly wasn't concentrating as I didn't see one. I promise to check and double check in future.

Posted by: PQ2 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2017 14:06

Quote:
Banstead Quin

- That sounds like a bit of a Humbug to me.

[-Geddit? - Black & white stripes - Humbug? -Eh? -Eh?]

I'll get me coat.. sad smiley

Posted by: deadlyfrom5yardsout (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2017 08:40

Quote:
PQ2
Quote:
Banstead Quin

- That sounds like a bit of a Humbug to me.

[-Geddit? - Black & white stripes - Humbug? -Eh? -Eh?]

I'll get me coat.. sad smiley

That's mint, that is.......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net