Current Page: 1 of 2
Reselling tickets?
Posted by: Harleys Evil Step Mum (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 07:30

As it looks like I might be missing most Sat games to watch my youngest, anyone have much experience selling the tickets back to the club?

Re: Reselling tickets?
Posted by: NicoWilson (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 08:21

Yes. I submitted tickets for resale a few times last season.

Sometimes they were re-sold, sometimes they weren't. Oddly, there was no correlation between a successful resale and the Club's claims of a sell out.

There didn't seem to be any email confirmation - either to confirm submission for resale, or when the tickets were resold. Only way to find out if the resale was successful or not is to log into your account.

Posted by: Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 09:08

It's worth remembering that the club will only resell your ticket if they have already sold/allocated/etc 90% of the capacity of The Stoop. Details are in the Membership Brochure on Page 5.

Posted by: akb1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 09:28

You can only resell 5 matches over the season. Details on the 'My Stoop' area on Quins Website/

Q3: Is there a limit on the number of matches I can sell my ticket for?

A: Yes, a ticket can be sold for a maximum of five matches over the course of the season.

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 10:06

Quote:
NicoWilson
Sometimes they were re-sold, sometimes they weren't. Oddly, there was no correlation between a successful resale and the Club's claims of a sell out.

There didn't seem to be any email confirmation - either to confirm submission for resale, or when the tickets were resold. Only way to find out if the resale was successful or not is to log into your account.

On the narrow point, if you've paid for the seat -- the ground can be sold out regardless of whether you choose to sit in it or not. If they don't sell it to someone else they've still sold it to you.

Posted by: Adi Nako (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 12:06

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
NicoWilson

On the narrow point, if you've paid for the seat -- the ground can be sold out regardless of whether you choose to sit in it or not. If they don't sell it to someone else they've still sold it to you.

I read it as, sometimes they sell on the tickets when they still have unallocated tickets available, and sometimes they don't resell your tickets on a sell out day. I may be wrong though...

Posted by: NicoWilson (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2017 14:09

Quote:
Adi Nako
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
NicoWilson

I read it as, sometimes they sell on the tickets when they still have unallocated tickets available, and sometimes they don't resell your tickets on a sell out day. I may be wrong though...

Yes - that's right.

Date: 12 July, 2017 15:35

Quote:
read it as, sometimes they sell on the tickets when they still have unallocated tickets available
Yes because when the have sold 90% in a category, any members tickets put up for resale are made available, a purchaser may decide to purchase a members resale seat in preference to an unallocated seat.

Quote:
and sometimes they don't resell your tickets on a sell out day
if they don't resell a members seat it would/could still be a sell out, because as far as the club care they have sold it to the member.

Posted by: deadlyfrom5yardsout (IP Logged)
Date: 13 July, 2017 13:40

Also, I guess selling single tickets mid row would be an issue?

Posted by: PQ2 (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2017 08:21

- Depends whom you're having the row with, I suppose; and possibly the topic that the row is about

Posted by: Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2017 08:52

Is there anything that would stop you re-selling yourself i.e. on here for face value. I too will miss games this season, when he can my son will use it but there may be occasions when it is just gong to be an empty seat.

Date: 14 July, 2017 10:33

Quote:
Roaming Quin
Is there anything that would stop you re-selling yourself i.e. on here for face value. I too will miss games this season, when he can my son will use it but there may be occasions when it is just gong to be an empty seat.

No, you can arrange the sale or give to a mate for nothing and use the ticket forwarding option, by doing this it will email an eticket so you don't need to worry about handing over you members card and then getting it back.

Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2017 11:10

I'll try and set up a "sticky" message for each match if people are buying/requesting tickets, to stop threads disappearing off the bottom of the page.

Posted by: Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2017 11:27

That'd be handy DOK, I won't be season ticketing this year, have to pay for a large extension to BQ mansions so will only be at certain non-televised games, plus a couple of sneaky European away days.

Will keep checking the sticky.....thanks.

Date: 14 July, 2017 11:49

Quote:
PQ2
- Depends whom you're having the row with, I suppose; and possibly the topic that the row is about

No need for a row as long as there is a hazelnut in every bite....

Posted by: Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 July, 2017 12:39

DOK that would be perfect I for one will advertise when I cannot use my ticket.

Date: 14 July, 2017 15:58

Luckily I have actual real life friends unlike you lot of virtualities so I can sort my own ticket out....

Just kidding! Jeeeezzzzzz

Posted by: Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 15 July, 2017 16:50

Interesting to see how much money is made from reselling tickets.

[www.quins.co.uk]

Date: 15 July, 2017 17:24

That is excellent.

Posted by: harlequinade (IP Logged)
Date: 19 July, 2017 07:32

Quote:
DOK
I'll try and set up a "sticky" message for each match if people are buying/requesting tickets, to stop threads disappearing off the bottom of the page.

+1

There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net