"The secrets of my success" - David Ellis in the ES
Posted by: COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 18:14

[www.standard.co.uk]

You can't make this stuff up!

Re: "The secrets of my success" - David Ellis in the ES
Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 18:21

I think in his defence - the feature is always called "secrets of my success"...

Not sure he really says anything that controversial does he? It is an interview for the business section, so he is taking about it as the boss of a business.

I know there's a section of fans who don't like it but the stuff he says about the brand isn't that unreasonable in that context isn't it? Given we can't turn back the clock on professionalisation and he's not talking about the ins and outs of the team.

Now I sound like his PR - but I was expecting to be more outraged given the title.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 01:03 by blucherquin.

Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 18:29

Hardly the most controversial of articles. I like the fact he doesn't like losing. Shows this isn't just a business to him.

Date: 04 September, 2017 18:30

Quote:
DOK
Hardly the most controversial of articles. I like the fact he doesn't like losing. Shows this isn't just a business to him.

If he hates losing - why is Kingston still here? (Sm111)

Date: 04 September, 2017 18:32

Sigh! Because he was given targets to achieve last year and achieved them? You don't usually fire people for that.

Date: 04 September, 2017 18:36

Ellis must go if the targets he set were reached! Do we actually know for sure that top 6 was a target at the start of the season - or was it a revised target set after the dreadful start we had? Targets are easy to reach if they keep getting lowered.

Date: 04 September, 2017 18:49

We know it with the absolute certainty that everyone else knows everything about the club, i.e. not at all! smiling smiley

Posted by: NicoWilson (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 19:20

Seems a genuine guy

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 20:10

Quote:
COYQ_2017
Ellis must go if the targets he set were reached! Do we actually know for sure that top 6 was a target at the start of the season - or was it a revised target set after the dreadful start we had? Targets are easy to reach if they keep getting lowered.

Or from a more balanced perspective, he improved upon the previous season's performance.

But let's face it, he could have won every piece of silverware going and you'd have wanted him out of the club.

Date: 04 September, 2017 20:14

No - if he'd done that I'd hold my hands up and say I got it wrong! But he didn't!

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 04 September, 2017 23:17

I don't remember anything you said last year smiling smiley

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 14:21

hi nick hows it going?

Rodders you p-lonker!

Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 14:30

Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
COYQ_2017

Or from a more balanced perspective, he improved upon the previous season's performance.

But let's face it, he could have won every piece of silverware going and you'd have wanted him out of the club.

I'm not quite sure why you keep saying this. It's quite clearly absolutely wrong.

But anyway this is an odd article to get upset by. Just unfortunate timing whilst we're all annoyed after Saturday's performance.

Nothing to see here!

Date: 05 September, 2017 16:16

Quote:
talkshowhost86

I'm not quite sure why you keep saying this. It's quite clearly absolutely wrong.

Erm... the "JK Out" started again after we won our first pre-season game. Some posters appear to have only one purpose...

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 16:25

Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Erm... the "JK Out" started again after we won our first pre-season game. Some posters appear to have only one purpose...

Which ones? Name names.

Date: 05 September, 2017 16:48

To be fair, it was the second pre-season game, and to be fair the performance at Hazelwood wasn't very good!

Date: 05 September, 2017 21:21

Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Which ones? Name names.

I believe you have access to the other threads...

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 22:31

Stop bumping this terrible thread.

This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net