Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: The Return of the Player Performance Survey
Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 10:31

Quote:
T-Bone
Don't remember this from before, but seems like a good idea.
Just completed and submitted and it says page can't be displayed, so not sure if I've submitted properly. I'll try again, hope that doesn't cause any issues. I'm not trying to skew the results!

The sportnetwork site is a bit flaky at the moment. Suggest anyone who doesn't get the confirmation their survey has been received retries it.

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 10:55

Quote:
DOK
Quote:
G-Quin
DOK - if this feeds into a google doc, you could do some pretty cool analysis and visualisation very easily by making a data connection to something like Qlik Sense (it's free).

Ah....Well I was going to produce the first analysis, just so people could get some idea of how it works and then see if I could get a volunteer (maybe someone who can fly what you suggest, maybe an Excel wizard) to take over...

Any volunteers (this is the part where tumbleweed usually rolls past in the silence...) smiling smiley

Send it to me when you have the data and I'll have a look...

Date: 05 September, 2017 11:20

We have an impressive 47 responses! 40 yesterday and 7 today.

So I think I'll leave it for the rest of today and maybe try and get the analysis out for tomorrow?

I am so happy with you all for responding here! I've always thought it an interesting and fun exercise, but obviously the more people we get the better.

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 14:12

Good work! Thanks.

Illegitimi non carborundum

Date: 05 September, 2017 14:38

Will obviously be much more interesting with a few games played, but here's some early analysis:

Marchant is our MOTM by miles (ave 3.83 and the only player with a mode score above 3 with 31 4s and 4 5s), with Walker and Smith after. Robshaw was our best forward. Brown is our least valuabale player (2.04, with the most 1s - 9), followed by Roberts and Ward.

The average points awarded per respondent were 2.81 - the most was 3.47 and the least 1.93.

We weren't too harsh - 43% of marks were 3s. 4% 1s and 2% 5s.

The least variation was for Will Collier, who got 76% 3s. The most divided opinion was for Marcus Smith, who managed 3 5s and a 1 (?)

Everyone appears to have taken it seriously, ie no 1s or 5s across the board, so I haven't omitted anything.

Sorry for spacing. Not sure how to do tables. I'll do an external link to analysis when we've got some more data.

Player Average Mode
[Joe Marchant] 3.83 4
[Charlie Walker] 3.39 3
[Marcus Smith] 3.35 3
[Chris Robshaw] 3.33 3
[Danny Care] 3.17 3
[Will Collier] 2.93 3
[Ben Glynn] 2.85 3
[Marland Yarde] 2.70 3
[Joe Marler] 2.54 2
[Jack Clifford] 2.52 3
[James Horwill (c)] 2.48 2
[Rob Buchanan] 2.48 2
[Dave Ward] 2.43 2
[Jamie Roberts] 2.17 2
[Mike Brown] 2.04 2

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 14:42 by RodneyRegis.

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 14:51

Brownie is getting some stick then!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 05 September, 2017 15:00

Interesting stuff, thanks. Seems odd that Marler and Horwill don't get the same treatment as Brown

Date: 05 September, 2017 15:11

Well, Brown played well all game (initial knock on due to a bad bounce apart). But he got marched back 10 yards for something he said to the ref and he got a yellow card at an important time for us just as we were getting back in the game.

Date: 05 September, 2017 15:24

The card, bombed try and backchat did for Mike.

I'd certainly have marked him above Roberts though.

17 people marked Roberts ahead of Brown, 11 marked Brown ahead, so opinion was divided.

Forwards averaged 2.7, backs 2.95.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/09/2017 15:30 by RodneyRegis.

Current Page: 2 of 2
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net