Current Page: 1 of 4
Yarde rumours
Posted by: Navyquin (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 08:17

Firstly please do not have a pop at me for me posting this, only writing what I have seen on Facebook and twitter. Rugby Inside Line have posted a rumour that Bath and two other clubs are looking at signing Yarde and report that talks can begin in January, what is everyone's thoughts on the possibility of this?

Re: Yarde rumours
Posted by: Roaming Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 08:22

Would like him to stay.

Posted by: Adi Nako (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 08:45

I want him to stay but wouldn't blame him for wanting to move to a club that can actually put him into space.

Posted by: Rocker (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 08:50

Really not bothered, his defence is still an issue at far as I'm concerned. I don't think he plays for the team at much as he could either

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 08:57

Wouldn't be that gutted . He blows hot and cold. Sometimes works so hard and feel bad for him he doesn't get the decent ball to enable him to score. Other times he looks like he can't be bothered.

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 08:57

As ever in these situations, I ask myself 'is he irreplaceable?'. I'd say not.

Therefore, it's simply a case of replacing him effectively.

Posted by: Navyquin (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 09:14

Quote:
Cookie
As ever in these situations, I ask myself 'is he irreplaceable?'. I'd say not.
Therefore, it's simply a case of replacing him effectively.

Which brings about the question of who we would want to replace him. For post match interviews alone I would want the honey badger

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 09:23

I'd be pretty annoyed - he's a really hard worker who tends to be a flypaper for criticism that should really be aimed elsewhere. We don't have great wing stocks.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 09:45

Please be true, he can go. Dont rate him

Posted by: Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 09:58

Bloke works hard, puts his body on the line for the team and keeps going - current England squad member - if he leaves it's a sign that perhaps Quins are not competing.

All this 'he doesn't look interested business' is balderdash! How do you know what interested looks like?
It is the same with the snide comments about Roberts (he doesn't want to be here) How do you know?

More worryingly has to be why Visser is not playing? Bloke is a try machine and Walker is not as good going forward or in defence.

Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 10:53

Sometimes his defence is AWOL, like Topsy Ojo's try. But a lot of the time when he seems to be dancing and uncommitted, he's doing exactly what he's supposed to do - covering the outside man and letting the runners on the inside take the man with the ball. I like him. He has a good work ethic, he gives it his all and sometimes that's enough and sometimes it isn't.

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 10:59

I would be disappointed to see him go but, I do agree that he falls into the category of being replaceable. It would not be the end of the world

Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 11:34

Quote:
Jammy Git
I'd be pretty annoyed - he's a really hard worker who tends to be a flypaper for criticism that should really be aimed elsewhere. We don't have great wing stocks.

I agree with this. I wouldn't blame him at all for leaving.

Posted by: akb1 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 11:40

I'd be disappointed to see him go, works hard always looking to be involved.

Posted by: COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 12:25

The points he gives away in defence are more than his contribution in attack I'm afraid. He can certainly be replaced.

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 14:04

Honestly think people don't really get how wingers are supposed to defend when we're short on numbers sad smiley

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: drama Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 15:23

I think he's answered the ignorant comments above

Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 15:48

A much better player than I think our general play allows him to be.

In a good team he'd score loads of tries.

Posted by: Adi Nako (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 16:05

Quote:
Jammy Git
Honestly think people don't really get how wingers are supposed to defend when we're short on numbers sad smiley

I'd like to see who people think are better defensive wingers in the premiership.

Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 09 September, 2017 16:11

Quote:
Adi Nako
Quote:
Jammy Git

I'd like to see who people think are better defensive wingers in the premiership.

Agreed

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net