Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: JK Out
Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 12:54

Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
The Tigers and Saints games have been close where Quins could have won but it was them who scored towards the end and not Quins. Its all pretty close at the moment, fine margains and all that. We need to give JK up to the end of December and see how we are. Have our new signings stepped in and been good enough for cover when our internationals werent available? We'll see.

Hopefully we will - we've only had a few minutes of Catrikilis so far and neither Bothma nor Saili have played yet.

Glynn's had more game time than I'd have liked, though.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:14

Quote:
RleQuin
QK, I hope think you'll find that it is more than possible to lose the title at this stage.
We are already 9 points behind the leaders and given our results recently, it won't be too long before we are way, way behind.
RleQ

Since the title is decided from the top four spots at the end of the regular season, it's also possible that we could win it again.

Given that there's only one title and 12 challengers, I'm going to confidently predict that there will be 11 teams who don't win it. I'm also sure that the winner won't be chosen on the basis of a small number of games; in fact, it will be more about their results over 22 games, then for the best 4 teams it will come down to how the fare over two further games.

But hey, let's judge our future games on how many points we get from games in which we were bringing through academy guys due to being shorn of 22 players.

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:45

Didn't somebody say Exeter lost about 8 games in a row at the start of last year?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 13:57

Quote:
COYQ_2017
Well - if you review something - and at the same time tell people that it's very important - surely you expect lessons to be learnt / improvement to be made?

Of course they may well have completed it, learned lessons and simply decided it’s none of your business what the results were since you’re not part of the coaching or medical team.

Posted by: RleQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 14:09

They might well have done but given the amount of rubbish the club puts out, it might have been nice to at least tell us that it had been done and they did or didn't find anything.
It's a bit like the bond farce - announcement made then silence as if it was never said.
Cut out the garbage and keep the info interesting!
RleQ

Posted by: RleQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 14:15

Since the title is decided from the top four spots at the end of the regular season, it's also possible that we could win it again.

Given that there's only one title and 12 challengers, I'm going to confidently predict that there will be 11 teams who don't win it. I'm also sure that the winner won't be chosen on the basis of a small number of games; in fact, it will be more about their results over 22 games, then for the best 4 teams it will come down to how the fare over two further games.

But hey, let's judge our future games on how many points we get from games in which we were bringing through academy guys due to being shorn of 22 players.[/quote]

Of course you can as anyone knows only one team can win it. The problem is that we aren't going to go on a massive winning run are we. If we do I will be the first to admit I was wrong.
You mention the injured 22 - this surely has to be a conditioning or over training problem.
It seems to get worse every season.
RleQ

Posted by: SiBolton (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 15:19

Oh so happy there's another one of these threads

How about, " Here's the answer" thread

Would love to know how the " experts " would fix the problems?
and maybe identifying what exactly is so wrong, not just we've lost! He must go! Etc

Did anyone actually expect us to win yesterday with 20 odd players missing?
Was our performance really that bad?

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 15:35

Quote:
dancing quin
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
I know I know that it is ridiculous.....but even watching him watching a game annoys me, you watch Baxter...he is constantly talking. advising, tweaking....camera ever cuts to JK he is slumped forward looking clueless!!.....and don't get me started on his post match interviews!!!!

So all a coach has to do to be more competent is talk frequently into a walkie-talkie and be good in front of a camera?

Yes. That's exactly what he said.

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:03

Quote:
SiBolton
Oh so happy there's another one of these threads
How about, " Here's the answer" thread

Would love to know how the " experts " would fix the problems?
and maybe identifying what exactly is so wrong, not just we've lost! He must go! Etc

Did anyone actually expect us to win yesterday with 20 odd players missing?
Was our performance really that bad?

Drop players who constantly give away needless penalties? Drop players who can't perform their basic tasks properly?

I didn't expect us to win, which is the sad thing. I didn't expect us to beat a team we finished above last season. A lot of fans are fine with that. Some of us aren't. I enjoy my trips to the rugby more or less regardless of the result, it's just a shame that there are plenty of games I don't expect us to win, where not getting jumped is seen as an achievement in itself

Posted by: Almost quin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 16:56

Yawn

Posted by: Dibden (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 17:03

Suggested solution.Bring a new CEO who is a rugby man and let him decide whether JK is the right man to take us forward.

Posted by: Mayor West (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 17:08

Is there a Young out thread on the Wasps site because I would say that their position is a lot worse than ours considering last season.

Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 17:15

Quote:
Mayor West
Is there a Young out thread on the Wasps site because I would say that their position is a lot worse than ours considering last season.

If they lose another bunch of games there will undoubtedly be calls for his head from some fans. Fans can be very fickle and some can think they're owed success of their own determination.

Posted by: Mayor West (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 17:45

Mallinder was in trouble last season, he stayed and turned it round. First game excepted. I suppose JK's situation isn't quite the same. Cockers got the chop, normal service resumed at Tigers after a wobble. No change at Gloucester. Twist or stick. It must be tough knowing that your future could be determined by a couple of poor ref descisions.

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 18:34

Quote:
Scaramouche
Didn't somebody say Exeter lost about 8 games in a row at the start of last year?

Probably. So did bristol...

Lots of teams come back after terrible starts, Leicester did it year after year.

It doesn't make it a good thing.

Posted by: COYQ_2017 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 20:05

Why should Kingston stay? What are his positives?

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 20:38

Quote:
COYQ_2017
Why should Kingston stay? What are his positives?

Why should you stay? What are your positives?

Date: 01 October, 2017 22:08

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm not the DOR - although I suspect I'd do a much better job - as would most people! That's how bad JK is im afraid.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 22:09 by COYQ_2017.

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 01 October, 2017 22:07

Quote:
Dibden
Suggested solution.Bring a new CEO who is a rugby man and let him decide whether JK is the right man to take us forward.

The very last thing we need is a CEO with any romance about rugby - we need a profitable business.

Date: 01 October, 2017 22:38

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Dibden

The very last thing we need is a CEO with any romance about rugby - we need a profitable business.

Why should a CEO or DOR need any rugby knowledge to be appointed - and kept on - at Quins?

Current Page: 2 of 6
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net