Current Page: 1 of 4
Team during call-ups..now..
Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 15:28

Dull people will remember me thinking we were looking stronger during call-ups than the past few years...well thanks to injuries that's over (in the pack)

I'm not great on academy and can't quite remember all the injuries but help me out -- is it as bad as this looks?

FORWARDS

Lambert
Buchanan (assuming no ill effects of recent concussion)
Swainston/McNulty (is he even a person)? (on basis Collier may get call up with Sink out but am I being kind to him and he's behind too many others)
Merrick
Horwill (again assume all will be fine)
Glynn/Lamb/White (who the hell do we play? no robshaw, no wallace, no news on baby Chis, bothma estimated mid november)(this is also thinking will Clifford go into England with Billy V out -- reasonable?)
Luamanu

BACKS

Lewis? Mulchrone?
Swiel if we lose Smith, otherwise Smith
Walker
Roberts (end of call ups for Wales? discuss)
Marchant (Saili has no date for return)
Yarde (could he make the 23? feels unlikely)
Swiel/Morris (Ross Chisholm was "weeks away" at end of Sept)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 15:32 by blucherquin.

Re: Team during call-ups..now..
Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:00

If the recent run of injuries has taught us anything it's don't try to predict what the team might be this week, never mind next month!

Date: 04 October, 2017 16:06

Quote:
Cookie
If the recent run of injuries has taught us anything it's don't try to predict what the team might be this week, never mind next month!

Well indeed - but we do know roughly who will vanish - and that we have injuries weíre told wonít be sorted by November.

Posted by: GP2110 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:13

Realistically, on my perception of likely call-ups, I think we will see something like:

1. Lambert
2. Buchanan
3. Collier
4. Merrick
5. Horwill
6. Glynn
7. Ward
8. Laumanu
9. Lewis
10. Smith
11. Walker
12. Roberts
13. Marchant
14. Yarde
15. Morris

Not a total disaster - but the bench will be light.

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:22

Im not sure Clifford will make the final cut to play for England. Curry picked up an injury that is not as bad as feared so I guess Hughes, Robshaw, Curry and Underhill are the ones in front of him. Im not convinced Visser will be away with Scotland. Roberts I think may get a bench spot for Wales but Sloan is a fine replacement and Salli is due back mid Oct.

Date: 04 October, 2017 16:26

Quote:
GP2110
Realistically, on my perception of likely call-ups, I think we will see something like:
1. Lambert
2. Buchanan
3. Collier
4. Merrick
5. Horwill
6. Glynn
7. Ward
8. Laumanu
9. Lewis
10. Smith
11. Walker
12. Roberts
13. Marchant
14. Yarde
15. Morris

Not a total disaster - but the bench will be light.

Forgot Ward - but that's still a terrible back 3 as a group (much as I rate Luamanu)

Anyone think we might lose Collier?

During this period we've got Sarries and Warriors in the Anglo-Welsh and Chiefs and Bath away in the Prem.

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:27

[quote blucherquin]Dull people will remember me thinking

When????

But, seriously, I like the idea of "Bench Lite"......

Illegitimi non carborundum

Date: 04 October, 2017 16:36

Quote:
HonkyTonk
Im not sure Clifford will make the final cut to play for England. Curry picked up an injury that is not as bad as feared so I guess Hughes, Robshaw, Curry and Underhill are the ones in front of him. Im not convinced Visser will be away with Scotland. Roberts I think may get a bench spot for Wales but Sloan is a fine replacement and Salli is due back mid Oct.

Is Saili due back that soon? Last thing I heard JK say was end of Sept when he said he was "waiting for a report" and it was "a numner of weeks"

Date: 04 October, 2017 16:37

[quote Scaramouche][quote blucherquin]Dull people will remember me thinking

When????

But, seriously, I like the idea of "Bench Lite"......[/quote]

There was a thread at the start of the season...

And the bench is potentially a bloody disaster....

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:52

I think at least one Chis is due back imminently. And isn't Catrakilis due back before callups?

Plus we have White and Lamb, and of course Elia, whom I hope we will see more of. I just pray that he can throw in straight.

Posted by: GP2110 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 16:53

On reflection, I think that we would have clifford so a back 3 of luamanu (6), ward (7) and clifford (8). I could live with that.

Posted by: Adi Nako (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 17:09

Can't see Collier with a call up. Similarly would be very surprised if Clifford or Yarde made the cut. Catrakilis could be back soon I thought.

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 17:24

Quote:
Quinky Kin
I think at least one Chis is due back imminently. And isn't Catrakilis due back before callups?
Plus we have White and Lamb, and of course Elia, whom I hope we will see more of. I just pray that he can throw in straight.

Doesn't Callups play on the Wing?

Illegitimi non carborundum

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 04 October, 2017 17:29

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
HonkyTonk

Is Saili due back that soon? Last thing I heard JK say was end of Sept when he said he was "waiting for a report" and it was "a numner of weeks"

Maybe I am wrong, but I could swear that mid Oct was mentioned re Salli. Wont have long to find out!!!!

Posted by: Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 07:18

Before the summer, EJ was saying that he wanted Collier to prove he could push Dan Cole aside and be ready as a starter for the autumn. Low and behold he didn't and only made the bench so I assume Collier won't be selected.

Clifford should as it was only injury that stopped his inclusion last season and he is playing well.

Yarde has done enough to show that he's hungry and that he's listening to the guidance so he should get retained.

Roberts, Wales won't call him up now but it depends on whether or not their other centres are fit.

Visser has played no rugby so can't see Scotland calling him up. He needs to make peace with whomever and use this period to get back playing regularly.

Posted by: Harleys Evil Step Mum (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 08:26

Care, Robshaw, Yarde will all be free for us....realistically I think their International careers are effectively over.....younger guns from now on!!

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 08:38

Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum
Care, Robshaw, Yarde will all be free for us....realistically I think their International careers are effectively over.....younger guns from now on!!

?

Care and Robshaw? Have I missed a joke?

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 08:42

Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

That's a big shout - Eddie's shown a lot of faith in these guys right up to this summer.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Date: 05 October, 2017 09:13

Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Harleys Evil Step Mum

That's a big shout - Eddie's shown a lot of faith in these guys right up to this summer.

Yeah canít see them missing out - you canít go to Japan with just new players, their maturity (I know...who thought Danny would ever be?) is vital

Posted by: Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
Date: 05 October, 2017 09:26

Jones has been effusive about how much he likes Robshaw in recent months. Can't see EJ dropping him as he's hardly going to be over the hill in two years time. DC also hasn't shown any dropping in his pace, has improved his kicking game (as a whole) and offers a great "closer" off the bench or starter if Youngs isn't picked.

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net