Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Team during call-ups..now..
Posted by: Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 12:49

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Surely Dan Cole will be in his forties by the next world cup?

Ha ha ha he will be 32 going on 40, he will still start as like Owen Franks for NZ, he is still the best and most consistent scrummager and you want an experienced TH especially at a WC knock out game

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 12:49

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Surely Dan Cole will be in his forties by the next world cup?

Cole is not going anywhere near Japan.

Posted by: Barnetsarrie12 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 12:58

Ha ha ha i think Eddie Jones is smart enough to know not to jettison a TH who might have close to 100 caps by the next WC and has 77 caps at the moment.

If he does not go, who will replace him, Kyle sinckler who has 5/6 caps and has a temper problem, Williams who has 2 caps, Paul Hill who does not even start at Northampton, Collier who has one cap or two caps. What will happen when we play NZ potentially in the SF and we come against a team with a TH with over 100 caps in Franks. That would be a stupid decision if Eddie decided to do that and the one thing Eddie is not, is stupid.

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 18:00

Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
Ha ha ha i think Eddie Jones is smart enough to know not to jettison a TH who might have close to 100 caps by the next WC and has 77 caps at the moment.
If he does not go, who will replace him, Kyle sinckler who has 5/6 caps and has a temper problem, Williams who has 2 caps, Paul Hill who does not even start at Northampton, Collier who has one cap or two caps. What will happen when we play NZ potentially in the SF and we come against a team with a TH with over 100 caps in Franks. That would be a stupid decision if Eddie decided to do that and the one thing Eddie is not, is stupid.

Cole seems less and less effective with every cap. Kyle will have overtaken him long before the next RWC. 2 years is a long time to address temperament issues, and an ever longer time to get away with doing little other than scrummage, especially when you no longer stand out in that area.

Posted by: Bolly-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 19:57

Quote:
Quinky Kin
Quote:
Barnetsarrie12

Cole seems less and less effective with every cap. Kyle will have overtaken him long before the next RWC. 2 years is a long time to address temperament issues, and an ever longer time to get away with doing little other than scrummage, especially when you no longer stand out in that area.

As much as I'd like to agree with you wrt Sinckler, KQ: Marler hasn't, really, and he's had several years...

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:33

Don't be silly. We don't go into games worrying about how doing something silly any more.

Date: 06 October, 2017 20:52

Quote:
RodneyRegis
Don't be silly. We don't go into games worrying about how doing something silly any more.

Pray, do advise on not being silly on this board...

Posted by: Rocker (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 20:53

Marler is very different than he was 5 years ago!

Date: 06 October, 2017 21:02

His hair is different. He still gets cards and needs to play more rugby and get involved (in silliness) less...

Posted by: Man from LA (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:10

Quote:
Barnetsarrie12
You don't think Faz is a nailed on starter Rodney. I think him, Billy and maro are the first names on the team sheet. No way Faz does not start at the next world cup. The only question is whether it is at 10 or 12.

The last 2 times EJ started Farrell at 10 he had moved him inside by half-time so he clearly doesn't trust him at 10, and with Smith coming along nicely no-one is guaranteed a place at 10 or 12, not even the over-rated Farrell. To say any player is guaranteed a place in a tournament over 24 months away is naÔve, every single player is human and can lose form or favour in a matter of weeks.

Date: 06 October, 2017 21:13

Anyway - Clifford injury didnít look good - so....

Posted by: Stooperman (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:13

Quote:
Bolly-Quin
His hair is different. He still gets cards and needs to play more rugby and get involved (in silliness) less...

As one who often pulls people up on their facts, perhaps you should reconsider your post in the light of Jo's zero yellow cards this season

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

It will be interesting to see if you're man enough to admit you're wrong.

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:23

We've only had a handful of matches. He did give away a really pointless and idiotic yellow card for the Lions over the summer...

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: Stooperman (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:33

Quote:
Jammy Git
We've only had a handful of matches. He did give away a really pointless and idiotic yellow card for the Lions over the summer...

When was Dan cole's last yellow, or Will Collier? Props get yellow cards Jammy, Marler no longer gets more than most.

But good to see your little cabal still got each others' backs.

Date: 06 October, 2017 21:51

So back to my original point - Clifford was on oxygen on the pitch. We could be really screwed in the back row come call ups.

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 22:09

Quote:
Stooperman
Quote:
Jammy Git

When was Dan cole's last yellow, or Will Collier? Props get yellow cards Jammy, Marler no longer gets more than most.

Hang on, the conversation was about Joe doing stupid things. Cole's not particularly known for idiotic yellows like Joe, and I can't remember Will ever getting one for non-technical offences. Joe, on the other hand, did do something stupid and dirty in NZ to get a yellow and blotted his copybook. It was only a few matches ago so it's a little early to say he doesn't do it any more. It's far too early in this season to tell.

Quote:
But good to see your little cabal still got each others' backs.

This is silly. I mean sure, I'm friends with QP and a couple of others on here, but I have no idea who Bolly-Quin is and couldn't even tell you if I tend to agree or disagree with them. I'm afraid this is just an ordinary disagreement, you don't need to go looking for conspiracy.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Date: 06 October, 2017 22:45

Quote:
Jammy Git
Cole's not particularly known for idiotic yellows like Joe.

Cole is a bit Teflon. He seems to get away with a lot of things that other players would be carded for.

Date: 07 October, 2017 01:24

Quote:
Stooperman
Quote:
Bolly-Quin

As one who often pulls people up on their facts, perhaps you should reconsider your post in the light of Jo's zero yellow cards this season

[www.premiershiprugby.com]

It will be interesting to see if you're man enough to admit you're wrong.

Apart from the one he got from the Lions, he's had a "retrospective" version this season and has had quite a few (10) during his career. I don't wish to deliberately tarnish is reputation, but he's a bit of a joker that needs winding in during a season that has seen us penalised more than most. I'd rather see him put 100% into the game, rather than wind up apponents, though ,desirable as the "edge" is.

I'd be more than "man" enough, Stoops, to admit I am wrong, but can't help thinking that Quins profligacy with penalties this season needs some attention. And our props are hardly leading by example.

As for Jammy, I do like the occasional dodger, but, as with JG, can't confess to any bias towards or away from his postings...

Cheers, Stoops. Old chap.

Date: 07 October, 2017 12:03

Quote:
Jammy Git
...but I have no idea who Bolly-Quin is...

Bolly is a fine chap smiling smiley

Posted by: Nev's Left Boot (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 12:06

Possible Options Injured in RED INTL in Blue

Full Back Options
Mike BrownAaron Morris Tim Swiel, Ross Chisholm, Cadan Murley (acad)

WING
Alofa Alofa, Tim Visser, Marland Yarde, Charlie Walker,Max Coyle (acad), Henry Cheeseman (acad),

Centre
Jamie Roberts, Francis Saili, Winstan Stanley, Harry Sloan, Joe Marchant, Jake Hennessey (acad),

Fly Half
Demetri Catrakilis, Tim Swiel, Marcus Smith (acad), James Lang (acad)

Scrum Half
Danny Care, Dave Lewis, Charlie Mulchrone, Calum Water (acad)

LooseHead
Lewis Boyce, Cameron Holenstein, Mark Lambert, Joe Marler

Tighhead
Josh McNulty, Phil Swainston, Kyle Sinckler, Will Collier, Adam Jones,

Hooker
Joe Gray, Rob Buchanan, Dave Ward, Elia Elia, Charlie Piper (acad)

Lock
Sam Twomey, George Merrick, Ben Glynn, James Horwill, Charlie Matthews, Mat Luamanu, John Okafor (acad), Stan South (acad)

Back Row
James Chisholm, Luke Wallace, Chris Robshaw, Mat Luamanu, Renaldo Bothma, Jack Clifford, Archie White (acad), Dino Lamb (acad)

Current Page: 3 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net