Eddie Jones calls up Ibitoye
Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 18:12

Yep, it's true.

Re: Eddie Jones calls up Ibitoye
Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 18:18

Odd.

I'm sure Eddie does some of these things just to troll the press.

But I suppose he, Smith and Moore are just there for the experience, and to be fair Eddie seemed to be spot on about Smith.

Ibitoye must be at least two years away from full England squad though.

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 18:21

Ibitoye in defence is a bit of a liability from what I have seen. Ibitoye in attack is a beast. Caused Wales all sorts of issues the other night (scored a try beating most of the Wales backline who could not tackle him for toffee).

He is big, strong and quick. You cant coach that but you can teach him how to defend. I dont think it is that much of a surprise considering he called up Solomona.

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:24

Congratulations to ibitoye. Can only be a good thing for him, and therefore quins, even if he's nowhere near a full call up

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:31

blimey. That one really is out of the blue.

Nice try though...sets up a beauty beforehand too.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Mayor West (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:23

If you want continuity in a squad and you see exceptional talent I think it's a good idea to bring youngsters in and get them used to the culture and training standards of the full England team. It must be similar to what happens at all premiership clubs where academy players who are good enough are brought through to the first team.

Posted by: Bucksquin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 08:17

But I suppose this means Quins will have to put him on a full contract and use a lot more of the salary cap than they intended?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net