Would Quins Be....
Posted by: Bellyfull (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 18:33

Worse off if

Kingston and all bar Evans and Jones of the coaching team left today?

Lewis , Mathews, Roberts and Ward never wore a quins shirt again.

And

Ellis quit as CEO

I doubt we would and that underlines the problem, you need people who are difficult if not impossible to replace.

Re: Would Quins Be....
Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 18:37

Someone really wants Winston Stanley at 12 I guess

Part of our problem right now is the alternatives are much worse. I don't agree with the criticism of Roberts, but even the others are preventing lesser players from taking the field, Lewis excepted.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: talkshowhost86 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 18:43

Wouldn't be ideal if they left today on the grounds we couldn't bring in replacements.

Suspect we'll see at least Roberts and Matthews gone soon. Ward will stay. Lewis is presumably on more than a one year contract.

The coaching staff are here for the long term. As is the CEO.

*sigh*

Date: 12 February, 2018 18:50

They can be sacked hopefully

Date: 12 February, 2018 18:57

Quote:
Bellyfull
They can be sacked hopefully

Don't think any of the players deserve to be sacked.

JK and Tofty have just had extensions so we're at least a year away from that being an option.

I hope it doesn't come to sacking and that JK turns it around, because if we've got to the point where we do have to sack people, we'll be way down the rabbit hole by then.

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:28

Ward is in my opinion a very good player who had a dreadful game. His throwing as we all know can be an issue, but I very rarely thing the rest of his game is poor.

Roberts and Matthews - depends on replacements. I must admit, I didn't realise how big south is in person. Always thought he looked a bit small but he was in the kings bar on Sunday and is massive.

As for the coaches, I think the underperforming ones need to be replaced one by one. I'm not sure why mapletoft gets such an easy ride, and same, perhaps even more so, rowntree.

Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:39

Ward does have a habit of missing tackles and giving away penalties.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:45

Ward in fairness at least did a lot of good stuff, must have stripped or turned ball over 4 or 5 times.

Date: 12 February, 2018 20:00

But he was captain of that inept lot

Posted by: DOK (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:10

And according to the same mantra that anything to do with the coaches is JK's fault, then any poor performing players (most of them) are Ward's fault surely? smiling smiley

Posted by: Dark Pies (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:25

Matthews and Roberts have done enough not to get booted, but if both are leaving anyway perhaps their hearts aren't in it? Ward is a great squad player with occasional red mist issues and wonky arrows, but I'd keep him over all of the non-internationals.

The coaches/Ellis? Meh. Cheerio.

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 08:39

Quote:
DOK
And according to the same mantra that anything to do with the coaches is JK's fault, then any poor performing players (most of them) are Ward's fault surely? smiling smiley

No, why?

Posted by: Raggs (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:19

Quote:
Bellyfull
Worse off if

And

Ellis quit as CEO

I doubt we would and that underlines the problem, you need people who are difficult if not impossible to replace.

I know it's poor form to come onto opposition boards at times like these, but I have to ask why Evans gets a pass from everyone? Quins scored 3 tries against Wasps, one was powered over after battering down at the line. A 2nd was a setpiece move that didn't (in my mind) take advantage of the numerical advantage you had, and the 3rd was a gust of wind throwing the defence off, leaving a virtually clear run for Morris. I know chances were created, but if they aren't being finished off, then surely more work needs to be done on decision making etc?

I can however see that you are scoring tries regularly in the league, so I guess it may have just been an off game.

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:33

Quote:
Raggs
Quote:
Bellyfull
Worse off if

And

Ellis quit as CEO

I know it's poor form to come onto opposition boards at times like these, but I have to ask why Evans gets a pass from everyone? Quins scored 3 tries against Wasps, one was powered over after battering down at the line. A 2nd was a setpiece move that didn't (in my mind) take advantage of the numerical advantage you had, and the 3rd was a gust of wind throwing the defence off, leaving a virtually clear run for Morris. I know chances were created, but if they aren't being finished off, then surely more work needs to be done on decision making etc?

I can however see that you are scoring tries regularly in the league, so I guess it may have just been an off game.

A) Were in the top 4 for tries scored
cool smiley Hes only been in post since Sep
C) Marcus Smith is obviously thriving under his tuition
D) Youre focusing on what happened in one game

Need more?

Date: 13 February, 2018 10:38

For what it's worth I'm not sure we are seeing a more cohesive attacking approach under Evans' coaching than before.

We are scoring tries so it does seem churlish to raise concerns, but they seem more to come from moments of individual brilliance (mostly Care and Smith) rather than any particularly great lines of attack or any particular game plan.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair there though. Ultimately as long as we're scoring tries it doesn't matter how they're scored, and our issues are certainly more going the other way.

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:44

Quote:
talkshowhost86
For what it's worth I'm not sure we are seeing a more cohesive attacking approach under Evans' coaching than before.
We are scoring tries so it does seem churlish to raise concerns, but they seem more to come from moments of individual brilliance (mostly Care and Smith) rather than any particularly great lines of attack or any particular game plan.

Maybe I'm being a bit unfair there though. Ultimately as long as we're scoring tries it doesn't matter how they're scored, and our issues are certainly more going the other way.

Id say hes definitely improved Dannys kicking game which has become a major (and new) weapon.

Date: 13 February, 2018 10:58

Quote:
Cookie
Quote:
talkshowhost86

Id say hes definitely improved Dannys kicking game which has become a major (and new) weapon.

Danny's kicking game has certainly improved, so if that is down to NEv then he certainly deserves credit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net