Current Page: 1 of 2
Is this a record?
Posted by: Nemoquin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:32

Kyle Eastmond got a red card on Sunday. He has now been cited for an earlier "tackle" on Ross Chisholm.

Re: Is this a record?
Posted by: Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:36

Tricky one. If the first had been picked up in time the second wouldn't have happened. The TMO saw the first but I don't think he mentioned it until the second.

BB

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:47

I'm sure he'll get done for both. Ban should be lengthy, 4 weeks at least. Whether it'll be reduced to nothing for good behaviour is anyone's guess.

There was some rumour of something nasty said in the build-up, I hope not.

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 19:49

Someone was saying ward said something. Not heard anything further

Posted by: kentwasp1 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:08

On our site we're downplaying it, but apparently Barnes heard something (racist) and said we'll "sort it out later". Hopefully handbags as the match was played in good spirit

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:25

The Wasps thread seems to be based on a single comment by Cookie on one of our threads.

Posted by: thomh (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 20:49

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Tricky one. If the first had been picked up in time the second wouldn't have happened. The TMO saw the first but I don't think he mentioned it until the second.

Dont see why that should mean he doesn't get done for both? It's still two red card offences, even if he was only there for the second one because the first was missed.

Posted by: Mayor West (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:10

I'm sure the TMO says he is looking at the first incident when the ball goes to the other side of the pitch. Then when play stops after the second one he Tells Wayne about the first one. I've never seen a player commit two red card offences in 30 seconds before. Should they have lost a second player as well?

Posted by: Dark Pies (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:20

Quote:
kentwasp1
On our site we're downplaying it, but apparently Barnes heard something (racist) and said we'll "sort it out later". Hopefully handbags as the match was played in good spirit

What I heard on the ref mic at the match was the Wasps players trying to justify the offences by claiming 'something' was said to upset Eastmond, and WB said "ok well if so it will get sorted out later." i.e. he didn't hear anything.

Surely that would actually reflect even worse on Eastmond though?...i.e. two intentional retaliations rather than just temporarily losing his ability to tackle below the jawline.

In terms of harsh language, Sink did get a ticking off and 10m for turning the air blue when Smith was shoved in the back for walking away with the ball and Kyle went full Hulk-mode...

Posted by: Mayor West (IP Logged)
Date: 12 February, 2018 22:34

What did Chis snr and Smith say to him then. Or why if something was said, have we not heard anything about it if so many Wasp players heard it.

Posted by: NicoWilson (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 04:45

Quote:
T-Bone
Someone was saying ward said something. Not heard anything further

Barnes spoke to Ward on at least one occasion about something that Ward had said.

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:06

Quote:
kentwasp1

Where has the idea that someone said something racist come from? Given he ended up trying to decapitate the half-Filipino Marcus Smith....

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:08

I think it's Chinese whispers. Somebody pointed out that Barnes had said he'd look into what ward said later, somebody else said they hoped it wasn't racist, and now wasps' board are 'downplaying' the outrageous racial slurs.

Date: 13 February, 2018 09:12

Quote:
RodneyRegis
I think it's Chinese whispers. Somebody pointed out that Barnes had said he'd look into what ward said later, somebody else said they hoped it wasn't racist, and now wasps' board are 'downplaying' the outrageous racial slurs.

I think we can all enjoy the use of the phrase Chinese whispers in this context smiling smiley

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:23

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kentwasp1

Where has the idea that someone said something racist come from? Given he ended up trying to decapitate the half-Filipino Marcus Smith....

Cookie hoped that whatever Ward did or did not say was not racist. The collective might of the internet did the rest.

Posted by: oakhaven (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:28

From my admittedly distant view in the East Stand, it looked as if Sinckler's reaction to Eastmond's tackle was rather nasty as well. It appeared to be shoulder charge of sorts, but I couldn't see it clearly enough to make a judgment and the cameras didn't seem to pick it up. Can anyone sitting in the West Stand confirm/deny this?

Posted by: Cookie (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 09:39

Seems I've created a storm! The Wasps captain did speak to Barnes about 'something serious that was said', which Barnes in turn spoke to Ward about, telling him it would be looked at after the game. Hopefully it was nothing, hence why no action.

Posted by: Mr_B (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 10:14

wardy looked completely surprised when pulled about about something he is accused of saying.

Date: 13 February, 2018 11:14

Quote:
raedarius
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
kentwasp1

Cookie hoped that whatever Ward did or did not say was not racist. The collective might of the internet did the rest.

Oh right, fine.

Posted by: Kent Fan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 February, 2018 11:36

Thought I saw Luamanu chin Kyle Eastman after one of the tackles....did anyone else see that?

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net